A Conversation with Friends...an Educational sidebar

That wouldn't even make sense considering you said you washed your hair as often as the other friend, yet you're able to go the longest without getting a touch up.

"Water makes my hair dry." I hear this so often and I just can't believe someone would seriously say this. My response is always, "That doesn't even make sense. How can water make your hair dry?"

Hard water. It is the devil!!!!!!!! I moved to north west GA and it was horrible. I made sure I loaded up on conditioner. Mastercuts Vit.C condish. was my friend those four years.

Based on the responses here I'm guessing I was just lucky, because my biggest damaging mistake before LHCF was relaxing every 6 weeks. I learned about protein and moisture balance, stretching, and protective styling from LHCF, and I didn't get many trims because my mom just believed in trimming hair every 3rd full moon or something like that. I NEVER grew up with a flat iron in the house. I went to the salon every 2 weeks and wrapped every night or rolled my ends with rollers and tied the front with a scarf. In high school (like 8 years ago), people would ask me if I flat ironed or bumped my ends every morning. When I would tell them that I tied my hair with a scarf and rolled my ends at night like my mom told me to, they would look at me like :look: and change the subject. Sadly, that was BEFORE LHCF.

I know my hair isn't long by LHCF standards, but in high school, I had the "mixed" hair, because it was thick and shoulder length. :rolleyes: The girl that braided my hair a few weeks ago ask me if I was mixed because my new growth looked different. Probably because it isn't fried to death and 4 weeks post. :spinning:

I was super irritated when one day while I was stretching and was about 10 weeks post and had visible growth my friend suggested "she straightened my hair for me" talking about "guuurl let me do your hair" as if I needed her help. Now wait, what I cant fathom is her honestly believing Im incompetent of straightening my own hair. This is the same person who's hair products are a jar of Blue Magic and a flat iron. And ear length- chin length hair. When I let down my hair in Fall shes going to have a nice surprise.

What I cant stand is when black women have a weave and think that makes their hair better than yours all of a sudden. As if all that length is actually theirs. I know a ton of black girls who love to walk around being hair snobs after they get their weaves installed, once its out they get right back down to earth.

Last edited:
I knew so many people like that! I understand being more confident, and feeling pretty when you get a weave. But its rediculous when they start acting all high and mighty, and start dissing other peoples "real" hair...especially when the reason they wear weave is to hide their damaged hair. I'm refering to people I actually knew/know.

:lachen:
I'm curious. What area of the medical field does she work in? please don't say dermatology!

You know, I never did ask because when she first mentioned that she was in that field, it was a sidebar to something else. It wasn't until later on that she went on that rant about receptors and by the time she finished it was all I could to keep a straight face and not insult her by asking her what area was she was in! The conversation by itself was so ridiculous that I was really afraid that she was gonna say something crazy like dentistry or something! We would've all came apart then!!! :lachen:

What I cant stand is when black women have a weave and think that makes their hair better than yours all of a sudden. As if all that length is actually theirs. I know a ton of black girls who love to walk around being hair snobs after they get their weaves installed, once its out they get right back down to earth.

Now that's funny right there! If I had a weave because my own hair was jacked I wouldn't dare open my mouth.

Back