99 YEAR OLD MAN FILES FOR DIVORCE ...AFTER 77 YEARS

Iwanthealthyhair67

wow...

By Nick Jardine

updated 12/29/2011 2:40:16 PM ET 2011-12-29T19:40:16

A 99-year-old Italian man is divorcing his 96-year-old wife after discovering that she conducted an affair in the 1940s, reports the Telegraph.

The couple have been together for 77 years, but time was no healer when the husband, referred to by Italian lawyers as Antonio C, found evidence of the affair while rummaging throw a chest of drawers. Having confronted his wife, who confessed to the affair, he is now seeking a divorce.

According to UPI, Antonio came across letters his wife had received from an old lover more than 50 years ago, making him suspect an affair. It is also reported that the couple have five children and 12 grandchildren along with a single great grandchild.

Wow. It always baffles me when a couple gets a divorce after 20, 30+, etc... years. I just figure if you've been able to tolerate them for that long what's the point...but I realize it's not so black & white.

Like I told my parents (66 yo) that divorced last year after 40 years, at this age just ride it out.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S via LHCF app :look:

Wow, a betrayal is a betrayal but he is dang near a hundred. Who is he gonna get now? That was a good laugh.

The fact that she kept the letter probably hurt. He may not want anyone else but just doesnt want to be with a cheater.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using SGH-T959V

The fact that she kept the letter probably hurt. He may not want anyone else but just doesnt want to be with a cheater.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using SGH-T959V

IA. I don't think he's expecting to get married again and all that at his age, but it sounds like he would rather die single than die married to someone that hurt him. The fact that he would divorce at this age and after so long just makes me feel bad for him, he must be really hurt.

Wow. It always baffles me when a couple gets a divorce after 20, 30+, etc... years. I just figure if you've been able to tolerate them for that long what's the point...but I realize it's not so black & white.

Because some relationships are so awesome that people aren't just "tolerating" each other...no matter how long the commitment :ohwell:

Like I told my parents (66 yo) that divorced last year after 40 years, at this age just ride it out.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S via LHCF app :look:

Some people don't let their age or circumstances determine how much integrity and dignity they have.

This is why it's important to actually "love" yourself.

As far as the article goes...wow, just wow.

Why should people have to just ride it out just because they are of a certain age. I don't get it...

I wonder if the kids were his....

Very interesting stories from several angles. 99 years old and 77 years of marriage and he's like "DEUCES!"

He probably feels that she not only cheated on him but have been lying to him this whole time as well. Very sad! It probably made him reevaluate his whole life.

I'm sorry but at that age & the length of time they've been married I think they should at least seek spiritual counseling. I hope they can work things out unless there is more to the story like she had a kid for her lover.

Sent from my big time Sprint HTC EVO using LHCF.

divorce equals stress and stress kills, he might die a few days earlier tryna get divorced. Just forgive and forget try to make it to heaven dude.

Ridiculous. I suspect they have not been happy together all those years but they just stuck it out for religious or traditional reasons, and now he feels he has a reason to bow out.

Dang. The affair was 70 years ago. :lol: hilarious. And, sad. :sad: He's wasting money on a divorce at this point. Bless her heart. She got hers. :nono: (KIDDING!) He's probably like, "I could have gotten with Isabella that time she hit up on me at the deli back in 1955 if I had know THIS!" :mad:

Geez. I wonder what their children are thinking?

Back