8 Weeks Post Relaxer: Who U Playin Wit?!

SimpleKomplexity

I dunno if it's just me, but my hair is like, "Who are you playing with?! I'm boss!!" I never go past 5 weeks after my relaxers until I started readin up, but my hair is NOT happy about me not getting another relaxer until Feb or March!! I only have about 1/2 or 3/4 of new growth, but now my hair is puffy looking, it won't lie down, and I'm not puttin direct heat on it to flatten it down. I'm just wrapping it and taking it down when I wake up, but my hair is like, "Whateva, I do what I want!" I'm used to it because when I was natural, my hair was always very very puffy...but still... What can I do to get that sleek look without direct heat?

You can try rollersetting...that's how many of the ladies here are able to stretch to over 16 weeks and still look decent.

My hair is the same way, especially when I wash it. After I set it, it looks and feels much better. Try increasing the time of your deep conditioning treatments.

You can also try the caramel treatment every one was talking about before. I was able to WNG 1 month post, so I was able to use that option to help me stretch. 2 months was the longest I could stretch in the winter, but summer I could stretch for four months.:yep:

You can also try the caramel treatment every one was talking about before. I was able to WNG 1 month post, so I was able to use that option to help me stretch. 2 months was the longest I could stretch in the winter, but summer I could stretch for four months.:yep:

What exactly is the caramel treatment?:perplexed:perplexed...Please post a link to the thread...thanks.

My hair is the queen of her domain and calls ALL the shots. I am simply an adviser to the queen. I offer alternatives, but she makes the calls and if she says no the answer is "No!". :lachen: But I have found the longer my hair gets the easier it is to stretch. :yep: I say go ahead and relaxer if she's pitchin' a fit about it. :yep:

ETA: If your hair is puffy it could be a porosity problem. You can do the floating test. Porosity is fixed by finding the right protein/moisture balance.

Last edited:
I don't know how to bump the thread. Can someone help me?:ohwell:

It featured a way to stretch relaxers by using a product from Etaeproducts.com. You can check it out in the thread marked Caramel Yum. Basically it is a mix of banana, molasses, honey, and EVOO. If you blend them and use it as a conditioner, you have really soft hair. It is suppose to last for 4 weeks.

Last edited:
I don't know how to bump the post. Can someone help me?:ohwell:
You did bump it loool just reply.

But yeah I know I can go logner without getting a relaxer but umm my hair is tryna prove once again that it is boss!! I'ma try that saran wrap treatment. I didn't do much for me the first time but I might have done it wrong....

Back