8 Month Braid Challenge anyone?

KinksnCurlz

I'm thinking about getting braids (cornrows) the first week in January. I plan to redo them every 3 weeks washing them weekly. I'd like to keep my hair braided until 8/05. Who would like to join me?

I'll join you CH. I've been wearing braids since the beginning of November. I plan to go through the end of May. That is 7 months in braids and 9 months post-relaxer.

I'll join this challenge, I've been braiding my hair and taking them down every week for a wash and redo since November so count me in! ^_^

if it's on the forum... bump it for me. that way, we won't have 2 braid challenges going at the same time /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I just wanted to say good luck to u ladies. I'm on so many challenges I can hardly keep track.

I've ben wearing braids off and on since April and wearing buns when my hair is out. I think alternating between the two works best for me.

Keep us posted on your progress!

I've been doing the bun thing myself... i'm getting so tired of the bun and doing it every morning. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif I just want to get up, take my scarf off and bounce!
I think this braid thing may definately work for me as i haven't had braids in so long. I was supposed to get them in August (i think) but never did. Come January, it's ON like poppoppoppoppoppoppopcorn LOL

stylewise cornrows... i'm gonna try to get a different style each month. the hair will be pony so i can wash it. that yaky hair makes me itch something serious.
are you gonna join? /images/graemlins/poke.gif

I want to join but I plan on making a move from my job (I want to start interviewing in January)and you guys know how it is in Corporate America . I will join this challenge after I make my move.

I am a little bit afraid for my hairline though /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif.

that's what stopped me from getting braids b4 Nice but one thing i will say is if i feel a braid is too tight, it will be removed and redone. Everybody that braids my hair knows start with my own hair first, do it loosely, then add the fake stuff. No stress on my hairline at all /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm tentatively in. I planned on doing the same routine, if I can successfully take out the braids I'm wearing. I braided my hair in box braids on Nov.1st.

Two years ago my hair was braided at the salon, I had the braids in for a month. When I took them out, my hair was very matted and tangled. You would have sworn I had dreads for years. I cried thinking I would have to cut off all of my hair. I cleaned out the BSS looking for something that would get the dreads out. WGO got the tangles out. Teary, exhausted and scared, I vowed never to braid again. LOL!
But being stubborn, I ask, How can I succeed in life, if I let some little old box braids defeat me? So here I am, waiting to see what happens when I take these out. Some people never learn huh?

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Use braid spray... it works like a charm. Also, make sure you keep your hair moisturized while it's in the braids (ie. braid spray or scurl daily and don't neglect ur scalp, WGO daily or every other day can work wonders)

I am definitely in. My friend and I are on a corn row/wig challenge.We are both attempting to grow our hair for her wedding. My goal is to keep my hair in corn rows with the baggie method until 9/05. So far its been a week, and everything is fine. I rebraid my hair every 2 months.

I'm getting braids the last week of this month but I'm not sure how long I'll keep them in...anywhere from 1-3 months

I have to touch my hair once a week or my scalp starts to itch like crazy! I wish I could leave a set of braids in for 2 weeks or m ore, but I'd be digging and grabbing all over the place. Not to mention I'm kind of worried about my hairline also. Maybe if I found a trustworthy braider... /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif

Sure, I'll join.. why not? I'm already on the original Braid Challenge so I might as well be on this one too. I will be getting cornrows sunday (12/5) i plan to keep them for 2.5-3 weeks.. depending on how they look.. then I may or may not get my stylist to do some pencil sized micro braids to keep until february. I havent decided yet though.

Wow...I just got my hair braided and I would love to join this challenge but 8 months is a little steep for me now that I've got the hang of my hair...can I modify the length of this challenge for myself?

Count me in too. I am trying to get waistlength by December so this will help a lot. Q

Last edited:
[ QUOTE ]
lovelymissyoli said:
Wow...I just got my hair braided and I would love to join this challenge but 8 months is a little steep for me now that I've got the hang of my hair...can I modify the length of this challenge for myself?

[/ QUOTE ]

of course, edit it as you wish but try for at least 4 months.

Back