6 weeks post and sooo dry

Nicole-27

Hi Ladies,

I need HELP!:confused: I'm 6 wks post relaxer and my hair is soo dry. I've been washing and deep conditioning once a week, but my coarse hair at the roots soak up every drop of moisture. Any suggestions...

Thanks in advance

hmm, maybe it's time to apply oils to your hair. I don't usually apply oils when i have a new realxer cause i like to have body...but after 5 or 6 weeks, i have to apply oil to my ends like every 3 or 4 days to prevent dryness. or are u experiencing winter dryness prematurely??

or perhaps your products aren't working for you anymore...try salon products.

or u might need to clarify and then condition.

or check the ingredients list of your poo and Con...just cause it says moisturizing doesn't mean it really is. u should not wash your hair often with a harsh cleanser such as SLS. SLES is a little bit safer and less drying. sodium myreth sulfate is the gentlest and i'd suggest anyone who washes their hair daily/often to use this.....(listen to me rambling....) :lol:

I am using Keracare Detangling Poo, Keracare Humecto and Salerm 21 for a leave in. After that I use Surpe Plus 14 and wild growth oil. That's it. And still dry and brittle hair after the WGO.

Not sure what I should use??

Everything in your regimen sounds very good. But suspect the culprit may be the Surge. It is good for growth, but can be very drying because of the proteins. Maybe you can follow up the Surge with the WGO on the scalp as well. Good luck.

Nicole-27 said:
Hi Ladies,

I need HELP!:confused: I'm 6 wks post relaxer and my hair is soo dry. I've been washing and deep conditioning once a week, but my coarse hair at the roots soak up every drop of moisture. Any suggestions...

Thanks in advance

This so ironic, my hair is doing the same thing but I don't think that I am 6 weeks yet. I am blaming the weather.

Back