~6 months APL challenge - post your starting pics here~

I haven't straightened my hair since October, so I don't have any recent pics. Stretched my longest layer just barely reaches the top of my armpit. I do have a fotki of curly hair though! Don't know how to attach pics on the forum.

Mine is in my avatar as well.

HPIM0098-vi.jpg

Starting Point^^^^
Plan to reach APL by December 2007.

esoterica said:
jwhitley6 your hair is beautiful.

Ditto. Looks like you are already @ APL or atleast only a couple of inches from it. All you need is another month or two. YOU GROW GIRL!!:lol:

I don't have any good straight shots, but I will use my twists as a reference. I am in braids right now, but will be removing them in April. The picture in my avatar is the one I will be comparing my growth to.

Below from 11 December 2006

Attachments

• micro twists 11 dec004.jpg
    micro twists 11 dec004.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 4
jwhitley6 - you're hair is so think...love it!

jwhitley6 said:
Here's my starting point...Excuse my ugly mug and sorry so big...I don't know how to make them smaller. :-(
218293713.jpg

218293818.jpg

Here is my pic taken Jan 25th before my relaxer last weekend. This is my hair dripping wet before I did a relaxer.

Attachments

• hair_edited.jpg
    hair_edited.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Ok, here's mine. This is dated December 22nd, just after a retouch.

See you ladies in June! HHG!

Attachments

• PC2200852-vi.jpg
    PC2200852-vi.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 14
im abit late but i'd love to join. my end date'll just be july instead :D my avatar is my starting pic...i have a loooong way to go:perplexed

This is the closest to a length shot I could get, my hair really isn't see through I'm just 16 weeks post touchup and it was time for a wash when i took this!:lachen:

IMG_3051.jpg

Last edited:
Here's mine. thats great cos that's what i was aiming for. this pic was taken on the 27th of December. Sorry guys i cudnt upload the pic by itself. my starting pic is on the right.
P.S. how does this challenge thing work. this is my first challenge. how do we check in etc...?

AugDec06-vi.jpg

I want to join.

my pic is the avi, sorry i don't have a better one. I trimmed on the 8th of Feb but it's still on the shoulder- 14 going on 15 wks pass relaxer. I'm also trying to get it to thicken up. I wish I knew what Jwhitley's secret is. Her hair is beautiful!!

JazzyDez said:
you look like if you straighten your hair all the way you will be APL(or real close to it!).

Thanks Jazzy. When I came back from the salon, I tried my best to straighten out the curls. I just didn't want to use heat to do. It's at APL when wet, but i'm hoping for it to be there when dry also.:D

My pic is in my siggy, its from December. I haven't trimmed since then, and I hope I am gaining some length. I had a setback with trying to relaxer stretch. My hair was breaking off big time at the line of demarcation. I stretched from November 7th January 27th. I had a lot of hairs popping off. I had to do some serious aphogee treatments, and touch up my relaxer to get the breaking to stop. I also have cut out my heat, no blowdryer, just the hood dryer for rollersets or air drying. My flat iron misses me, but its just too much going on with this cold weather. Oh, I have also added dominican products into my routine, the Acetite de Olivia shampoo and conditioner, and the Lacio Lacio leave in. It makes my hair very soft and it seems like I just relaxed it yesterday instead of almost a month ago.

Back