6 FOOT LADIES SUPPORT THREAD

I'm 6ft. For the longest time my hair was stuck at NL and then between Feb of 09 to Dec09 I did something (I wish I wrote it down) and my hair took off. It is now SL.

Who knew there were this many tall ladies around.

I'm 5ft9. My hair is past shoulder length and a few inches near APL. I have a lot of new growth (since I started my hair care journey) so when I relax it at the end of January i can't wait to see the length. I won't be APL but it will be that little bit closer.

Great thread! Im about 5'9" -10":wallbash:..... Bsl is 14", mbl is 17" and waistlength for me is about 19-20inches. I always wondered why its taking me so long to reach waistlength. Even tho i got a good 2-3inches to wsl, Im still suffering from a bad case of hair anorexia:look::rolleyes:.....

Hey Tall ladieS, hao joo doooin'?

I was really feeing my hair today (check my album) until I realized that I have been stuck at the same length for some time.
Getting from SL to APL is a nightmare..I know, not very positive, but really an average height woman's BSL is APL on me.
I pray that I will be APL by my 2nd nappiversary, I hope that is not too much to ask; 4" in 8 months?
Ah, vent over.

Thanks for bumping this, Theo. Yes, APL is evading me as well. But being tall and having super long hair is going to be sight to behold!

Thanks for bumping this, Theo. Yes, APL is evading me as well. But being tall and having super long hair is going to be sight to behold!

Oh, yes. You are absolutely right. long hair on tall people is striking...But it is going to take a while before we can enjoy it...

How far away is your APL?

Oh, yes. You are absolutely right. long hair on tall people is striking...But it is going to take a while before we can enjoy it...

How far away is your APL?

I need about two more inches. My APL is very close to BSB. How far are you?

I need about two more inches. My APL is very close to BSB. How far are you?

Well, I lost my measurement tape...which is good or else I would be checking every day..
But I think I am about 4" away to be full APL, and then it might be a smidgen past it. I am scared to claim too early or else BSL will be miles away.

This thread is very comforting. I'm 5' 10 - 11 . The journey from NL to APL seems like its taking forever. I had a set back last Nov -Dec which makes it worse. Where is my hair fairy ? lol:fairy:

can i come in i'm 5'11.....i feel bald with the shrinkage and the fact that sometimes i get flatironed to do length checks as little as 2 times a year....going from apl to bsl can't come soon enough, it would be even better if by june i was mbl instead....i'm moisturizing/sealing several times weekly and have done hardcore protein treatments in dec, feb, and will try to do them monthly. i'm still doing my pre-poos with my bonnet dryer.

5'9 n sometyms it is sad. I am sl n can not wait 2 hit mbl. I have very long legs which make me look even taller than I really am.
My current regi:
NTM moisturizing shampoo
NTM daily condish
NTM Split end repair (daily)
NTM moiturizing mask (weekly)
Argan Oil from Sally's (seal daily)
MTG (daily on scalp n massage)
Finger comb daily mayb comb only on wash day
Bun 7 days
Vitamins
B12
MSM
Biotin
Omega 3,6,9
chorella (just started last night)
Maca
Garlic
Olive leaf extract

here is starting pic
223-vi.jpg

I am following Slyver2 regi. At lest trying to her hair is so long n beautiful. I can not wait. I am tryin to wait and relax in June. Currently 8wks post. I also baught the hair dryer she has with the comb attachment n I don't have to flat iron I love that hair dryer. Just blow dry n bun!

The bottom tip of my hair is an inch from BSL. Maybe I will claim BSL later in the year, like towards the end. I am learning that patience is key :)

How did I miss this?

I cut my hair to a NL bob back in August then I cut it again in Dec.... Now I'm back in growth mode! I'm 5'9 and I hope to be APL by Dec of this year! I'm wearing weave as a protective style. I hope to be SL by next month some time!

6'2" checking in! So glad to see so many tall sisters. SL, hoping for APL sometime in 2010 (is that too much to ask?!). I think that's about 6"...should be doable. HHG

AHHH! I finally feel like I belong. :yay: I'm 6'0", a :newbie: and transitioning to natural. Luckily, I have short hair already, so the whole TWA phase won't be too much for me to handle.

I don't have a reggie as of yet, but I am getting a better idea of what my hair likes and doesn't like.

Here are a few pictures of my hair... And please excuse the date on the pictures... I just took these less than 10 minutes ago. My camera likes to live in the past...

4361892947_401653fa2b_m.jpg

4361892715_ec0932531b_m.jpg

4361892391_7d58a84ce2_m.jpg

4361892055_1f9a9e0873_m.jpg

I need support! I am 6'0" and need to know why the inseams on pants have to be so short? Why do most t-shirts look cropped on me? Why do ong sleeve shirts barely reach my wrist bone?

Oh, you were talking about hair....well, I need support there too! I'm finally at apl and all I want for .... Christmas, President's Day, Fourth of July, Election Day, etc...... is bsl!

I'm not nearly 6 feet, but I do understand your pain (a little). I'm 5 7.5 and I have a hard time growing...

im 5'7 as well but waist length on me is 26 or 27inches

longhairdontcare on one of her measurements vids 21 inches on her is nearly hip length sigh:sad:

I'm 5'8 but when i sit next to my cousin who is 5'5 she's taller then me. :lachen:, I think my height comes more so from my legs then my torso. or maybe she just has a freakishly long torso ... seriously, I have to look UP at her when we sit next to each other no lie.

random funny tall story lol don't mind me

WL from my crown is 25 inches...Lol, I haven't measured right now but last time I did, I was BSL which is 20.5 inches...Too funny, if I were Longhairdontcare's size, I'd be almost HL...Yikes!

*peeks in...*

If only I were a foot taller...HHG Ladies...my baby sister is a tall one so I feel your struggles, her APL is my BSL...how we're related, i do not know. lol

*sneaks back out*

I need support! I am 6'0" and need to know why the inseams on pants have to be so short? Why do most t-shirts look cropped on me? Why do ong sleeve shirts barely reach my wrist bone?

Oh, you were talking about hair....well, I need support there too! I'm finally at apl and all I want for .... Christmas, President's Day, Fourth of July, Election Day, etc...... is bsl!

I'm 5'10" and the bolded are my sentiments. To this day when I buy pajama pants I just buy a men's medium because 32" inseams leave my ankles all cold at night. :spinning:

BTW, having a long face and long neck don't help with having the hair in the front look like its growing either, so I hate doing body measurements because in the front I'm like chin length when my hair is like 14in. :sad:

i'm about 6'0"..... ... SO CAN I BORROW YA'LLs clothes????:look:? (4-real-tho)

i'm growing out a twa now.... but that's a great point

i use to be nearly APL for most of my relaxed life.... hmmmmmm
i wonder where that would have been on a shorter body

From my widow's peak my hair is 20 inches long currently with bra strap at 24 inches and WL around 32. At 5 9.5 I guess I should be grateful for a short torso or I might be to old to care about reaching my goal length.

I'm glad I saw this thread.

Last edited:
I'm glad this thread has been revived. I'm 5'10 and I've been stuck at BSB forever it seems. The fact that I layered my hair right before I started my haircare journey (June 2009) didn't help either. My bottom layer is BSB, but my top layer is around APL. Seeing as my goal length is full MBL, it will take me FOREVER to get there. GRRRR...at least I know I'm not alone though. :yep:

Hi ladies,

I'm 6'1 and currently at APL. I was close to BSL a few weeks ago but I had a trim of abroud 2-3 inches. I'm transitioning so my ends were looking really thin. I'm so glad this thread exists! I do think I look better with longer hair so I've been having some weak moments during my transition. It's been 8 months since my last relaxer.

Some of my current hairstyles are in the slideshow below.

Back