* 4b naturals - when you've fry dried your hair and ends look like... *

CharUK

"Honestly, Truly"
Well, like they've seen better days, do you just trim/cut up to where the damage stops or is there any saving them???

It's explained a little better in my Fotki album, but I'm having to face some real decisions about my ends, which may actually translate to up to 2inches of my hair as I have been trimming and they remain the same, trashy way.

Have you saved your ends after a bad bout of blow drying when you knew no better about protecting your hair?? Should I just cut it off and call it a bad call and move on!?!?

Help!!!

Moisture is the key here. You should try deep conditioning your hair first and see what the outcome is. I feel your pain! I had to cut my ends after using a blowdryer with broken temperature control... The first time I was able to save my hair by deep conditioning. I didn't learn my lesson and used the same blowdryer AGAIN!!! The second time, my ends were DONE! I tried to deep condition and an aphogee treatment but no luck. :nono: I had to cut 2 inches off. After that, I learned my lesson and finally threw away the broken blowdryer. :yep:

Last edited:
Also take care of your ends at night. I've been putting CD marguerite's magic on my hair at night. Then I cover it with a conditioning cap and the next morning my hair is super soft. The conditioning cap has 3 layers it's satin, plastic then satin again. Mine has a drawstring, but I just can't believe how soft my hair is. And honestly it's not just the conditioner because I've mixed infusium and jamaican castor oil together, sprayed it on my hair, twisted it up and put the cap on overnight and when I wake up my ends were moisturized. It's been like that every day this week so I'm definitely sticking with it.

Baking soda and water. Many times the culprit is excessive buildup on our ends.

Lawd knows we moisturize them to death. Try that. It worked like a charm for me and another sista from this board suggested it to me.

Just paying it forward.

Also take care of your ends at night. I've been putting CD marguerite's magic on my hair at night. Then I cover it with a conditioning cap and the next morning my hair is super soft. The conditioning cap has 3 layers it's satin, plastic then satin again. Mine has a drawstring, but I just can't believe how soft my hair is. And honestly it's not just the conditioner because I've mixed infusium and jamaican castor oil together, sprayed it on my hair, twisted it up and put the cap on overnight and when I wake up my ends were moisturized. It's been like that every day this week so I'm definitely sticking with it.

where'd u get the cap???

Thank you ladies!! You never fail me! You've given me hope!! I actually henna'd my hair for 4.5 hours this weekend and was told this is a excellent deep conditioner. I have also started putting mango butter on my ends. Truth be told, I never really paid attention to my ends, but obviously, now after that blow dry, I have no option.

I think I'll give it another month and see if there are any improvements. If not, I'll have to start snipping again :(

Will see if I can get hold of a conditioning cap and I have baking soda at home if all else fails!

xx

Well, like they've seen better days, do you just trim/cut up to where the damage stops or is there any saving them???

It's explained a little better in my Fotki album, but I'm having to face some real decisions about my ends, which may actually translate to up to 2inches of my hair as I have been trimming and they remain the same, trashy way.

Have you saved your ends after a bad bout of blow drying when you knew no better about protecting your hair?? Should I just cut it off and call it a bad call and move on!?!?

Help!!!

I'm not an expert on this, but on the above bolded, you state you've been trimming. What kind of shears are you cutting with? If your shears are not exactly sharp or have like dull blades or even around-the-house shears, that could also contribute to why your ends are not looking right. If so, then maybe you can invest in a new pair of sharp shears specifically for just your trimming sessions. Just a thought, albeit may not even be the culprit, but just thought I'd throw that out there.

Thanks for replying. If I'm brutally honest here, I just use whichever scissors I come across, which are general use house scissors!

Which scissors do you use?

:blush:
*stutters* Household scissors?

:nono:

Get yourself to boots or superdrug and get yourself some hair scissors and use them only for your hair.

Henna is a good deep conditioner, but it's also protein so it can make your hair hard. spritz your ends with water and then add either castor oil or some conditioner on them at night. I recently left my micro twists in for too long and had to do this for a couple of weeks as my ends were awful.

I know it's really bad :( I will most definitely. Furthermore, my mum works in a hair and beauty supplies shop, so she must know the best one!!

x

I agree with the baking soda suggestion. I use a mixture of a mild clarifying poo, a few teaspoons of baking soda, and warm water to wash mixed together and it really cleanses your hair of all build up. I DC after that...and it really can help your hair recover after it has taken a hit.

Thank you! I will give that a try! I still use a general clarifying shampoo about every other month.

I know it's really bad :( I will most definitely. Furthermore, my mum works in a hair and beauty supplies shop, so she must know the best one!!

x
Yes get on that STAT! Once you've tried some of the suggestions by the other ladies here, then access your ends again and see if they're much better. But don't do anymore trimming please or you'll lose alot of your progress, unless it's really split and really need to be trimmed. Then you will have your new shears handy to do a better trimming session. :)

Back