4a Naturals- Straight Rollerset

Vivien

I love wearing natural styles, but I'd also like to experiment with straight styles too. I've tried pressing in the past but it's too damaging for my hair texture. I'd like to try roller setting instead. How do you achieve a straight roller set on natural hair and with what products?
Any info would be much appreciated /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi Vivien, i am relaxed so i have no idea but i wanted to say welcome!!!!!! Are you based in London? /images/graemlins/bouncy.gif /images/graemlins/band2.gif /images/graemlins/dance7.gif

Hey Pandora,
Thanks for the warm welcome /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Yep I'm London based.I've been lurking on the board for a few weeks but I've decided to come out of lurkmode. I look forward to sharing tips with you guys on maintaining and growing healthy hair.

hey up, vivien. I tried wet setting once, it really worked, but i dunno if i would do it again any time soon.

Well, the most important thing is the size of the rollers (which depends on the length of your hair). I used rollers that my hair could loop around (comfortably) twice. If it looped around more than that, it would kinda curl, you know?

I didn't really use setting lotion, my hair was damp, i applied some leave in conditioner, aloe vera gel,a little bit of castor oil (really, just a bit) and used velcro rollers. My friend had to go over my hair with a hand held blow dryer (b/c i don't have a hood one, which i think would have helped much). Dried and let the setters out.

My hair was rolled and shiny. I guess if you had tongs or stuff, you could use them to get it proper straight. I just finger combed. It was werid, like my relaxed days.

I dunno if this helps, but that is my experience. I do girls on the nappturality website (in their photo albums) usually do have piccies of roller sets. I really cant remember the album straight off, but this poster roller set her hair and kept the set in her hair for about a week.

roller set

Thanks for your replies. I'll see how it turns out when I attempt next week. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

I was just going to give tips, but that link has a lot of info. Thanks Allandra! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Back