4a/b ladies, have you been able to achieve that swing???

Have you achieved the swing?

• I have a decent amount of swing...

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I got the swing, swang AND the bounce :)

Votes: 65 65.0%
  • Moveable hair just isnt happening for me :(

Votes: 16 16.0%

• Total voters
Yes, in fact I'm experiencing all that swang right now! :yep: Rollersets and braidouts give me the most swing. I've never worn my hair straight so I don't know what that would be like.

I too go lightly on the products. No heat and no setting lotion--just the leave-in and water, seal with a little oil or pomade, then airdry in a rollerset until completely dry. My roots have never really been "straight" but I still have exceptionally swingy hair, even when stretching for months. :)

I have swing when I DC with Pantene R & N Breakage Defense Mask and rollerset with just leave in and serum. :yep:

They key is not using alot of product and whatever product you do use make sure its light. I also think having fresh clean hair helps give a good foundation.

exactly...less prodcut provides body and the famous swing-affect hair--and of course easy on the oil---oiling just the ends will do the trick as well...

They key is not using alot of product and whatever product you do use make sure its light. I also think having fresh clean hair helps give a good foundation.

Bumping.
I know this thread is really old, but I wanna know how many of you get swing w/o direct heat? I imagine length has a lot to do with it. Is this the case for you?

I would really be impressed with "afro swing" (an afro textured do that bounces or blows in the wind and it doesn't have to be gale force winds either)

Back