Fabulous BKT on natural hair! (LOTS of PICS)

Congratulations...I love the DIY spirit!:yep:

Thanks, Pink... You gave me a lot of courage to do this when I saw your results. I'm like darn, if she can take a huge chance like that with all that hair, then so can I! LOL.... But I did research too and found that there were several people who had been getting these for years, as well as things online I've found... And so I figured I could do so as well.

Very nice results! I loved your review, and your detailed replay. I will so be doing this treatment before the end of the year, thanks to encouraging people like yourself that are willing to share their experience.:yep:

Another BKT club member huh? You look great. BKT will change your life. One day I really think it will be more popular than traditional relaxers. Write that down....

Another BKT club member huh? You look great. BKT will change your life. One day I really think it will be more popular than traditional relaxers. Write that down....

Hillarious! Yes girl, I'm writing! Why Lawd why I aint have this in high school? seriously! Relaxers jacked me up bad that I really thought I had some seriously crazy hair. I love, LOVE, LOVEy my hair since going natural and this process is the BEST! :rolleyes:

Wow your hair came out great!
AND you did a very detailed review.

What are you you using to wash and condition it now?

I'ts been two weeks since my 2nd bkt (first one really didnt take) and my hair is looser but I feel more curl coming back with each wash. It's not frizzy and puffy like it was before but I can feel the curl coming back.

I was lol when you said you did it outside too!

I trimmed my ends (just 1/2 inch) because it had been well over a year and I think my ends thanked me for it.

I was also thinking maybe the process took some of the henna undertones I had. I have like 20 boxes of JAmila and i'm not sure what to do about henna now.

Wow your hair came out great!
AND you did a very detailed review.

What are you you using to wash and condition it now?

I'ts been two weeks since my 2nd bkt (first one really didnt take) and my hair is looser but I feel more curl coming back with each wash. It's not frizzy and puffy like it was before but I can feel the curl coming back.

I was lol when you said you did it outside too!

I trimmed my ends (just 1/2 inch) because it had been well over a year and I think my ends thanked me for it.

I was also thinking maybe the process took some of the henna undertones I had. I have like 20 boxes of JAmila and i'm not sure what to do about henna now.

I think I'm going to wash it with my Shikaikai shampoo bar. I dont use regular shampoo anyways. I'm going to google and see if I can find the ingredients nad see if there is salts in it. I also use for conditioner my Pantene R&N breakage defense. I'm not really concerned if some of the product gets stripped because I'm not trying to wear my hair straight all the time. And my curls I definitely want to come back, so... Yeah, that's what I'm doin...

About the henna, I have no idea. I henna'd once and wasn't crazy about it. But my hair sure turned red in a lot of places after this, it stripped all of the indigo out.

Back