4a/4b relaxed stretchers!!!!

c*c*chic*

What do you ladies use to keep ur edges flat and fresh between relaxers? I would stretch longer than 6 to 8 weeks but my edges get so unruly! What products work best? TIA

I use a creamy moisturizer on my edges and tie a scarf on my head. My favorite moisturizers are Captivating Curls by SunSilk, CURLS Milkshake, and Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles.

I put ample Elasta QP Glaze + IC Fantasia Gel on my edges and tie down to dry. I'm 11 weeks almost and this worked like a charm. Don't forget your leave in.

I wear my hair in a bun everyday, I just wet the edges, brush them down while wet with a boar bristle brush and tie down with a bandana for at least 30 minutes and my edges are smooth and laid down.

I think it's less about the product and more about tying the hair/edges down with a scarf.

Those eggs tripped me out :grin:. Cute siggy!

OP - You need to find out what keeps the line of demarcation strong so the strands don't break off and then also find something to keep them supple so they stay moisturized. My hair is fine and I initially tried texlaxing for body but it didn't work for me. I went back to straight with a corrective and I have no problems now. My last stretch was like 17wks or something crazy like that and I had no problems. I kept my protein up and then moisturized on the regular. I'm also a no-comber and a satin scarf tie down junkie. If you keep it flat you won't know what's under there :look:. My hair is coarse and fine which is like a double whammy but I learned what works for me.

I just realized you wanted products...so sorry. My edges get hidden with a side swoop because they are sparse and my hair is long enough to cover, but when I'm going out I use the beyond the zone wax and a scarf and I'm slick. The scarf and moisturizer works good enough but I sweat when I'm going out so I use the wax to prevent reversion. You can get it at Sallys but there are tons of products that help lay it down. The scarf is key for me.

curls milkshake. But the best product for smooth edges is quemet burdock root cream....or the amla & olive cream

NTM Silk Touch Leave-In (on dry hair) tied down with a satin scarf over night. A little coconut oil in the morning after waking up and retying with scarf for bath....works like a charm! (although I must say my edges are quite ruly:angel:)

I think it's less about the product and more about tying the hair/edges down with a scarf.

Yes, I agree with this statement. I use a variety of products (castor oil, coconut oil, aloe vera gel, BTZ Stiff Head, etc.) to flatten my edges. However, regardless of product used, I must make sure that I tie my moist edges down with a scarf until they are dry or mostly dry. :yep:

For me right now I use Nu-nile lol... I know it's sounds crazy but it works and then I tie my scarf on and i'm done... I want to try the Aloevera gel when I run out of my Nu-nile, to see how that works...

yhst-17606501929367_2038_4365026.gif

I use a little Elasta QP Mango butter and Fantasia Aloe Vera Gel then I tie down with a scarf. Works great!:yep:

I spritz on a little water to lightly dampen then apply a little mango butter. The naps are rarely able to escape this combo.

Last edited:
I'm actually going through transitioning, but I am almost 9 weeks post, and I would suggest that you go to your stylist and get a wash and set, and have her press your edges out. My hair can handle such heat, but everyone's is different. It's just what I would do.

Those eggs tripped me out :grin:. Cute siggy!

OP - You need to find out what keeps the line of demarcation strong so the strands don't break off and then also find something to keep them supple so they stay moisturized. My hair is fine and I initially tried texlaxing for body but it didn't work for me. I went back to straight with a corrective and I have no problems now. My last stretch was like 17wks or something crazy like that and I had no problems. I kept my protein up and then moisturized on the regular. I'm also a no-comber and a satin scarf tie down junkie. If you keep it flat you won't know what's under there :look:. My hair is coarse and fine which is like a double whammy but I learned what works for me.

Ain't that the truth!:yep: I kept my hair tied down on vacation for a week a while back only adding a fake bun and when I relaxed the next week, I had 2 whole inches of new growth hiding under there. :blush: It was a nice suprise.

Back