4a/4b ladies who stretch and get blowouts

luvmesumhair

I was wondering how does your beautician handle your NG to get it straight. Do they use a widetooth comb, are they gentle, etc.

How often do you get it done also?

How far into your stretch do you go? 3 months post, 6 months, etc...

Mine is not extra gentle with it. She tried to charge extra for the thickness and wasn't too happy. That was a year ago and I haven't been back since.

was wondering how does your beautician handle your NG to get it straight. Do they use a widetooth comb, are they gentle, etc. My stylist uses a widetooth comb, she uses a leave-in and she is gentle.

How often do you get it done also? I was getting my hair done every two weeks.

How far into your stretch do you go? 3 months post, 6 months, etc... I usually stretch for 3 months, but I decided to transition, but that only lasted 5 months. The humidity and 100% weather was killing me, so I broke down and got a relaxer.

I was wondering how does your beautician handle your NG to get it straight. Do they use a widetooth comb, are they gentle, etc.

She saturates my entire head in a Dominican deep conditoner, puts me under the dryer for 20 minutes, and then detangles. She doesn't use a widetooth comb, but she's kind of gentle.

How often do you get it done also?

I get the roots blown out weekly.

How far into your stretch do you go? 3 months post, 6 months, etc...

At least 12 weeks.

I'm my own stylist:) So i'm also gentle. After I deep condition I use salerm 21 on wet hair which gives me excellent slip. Then I use a round brush and blow dryer. I go over it with my flat iron to get the sleek look i like. I do this only once a month now b/c of the amount of heat. I usually stretch 5 months or more. Right now i'm 27 weeks post. I haven't found the need to relax just yet.

I'm my own stylist:) So i'm also gentle. After I deep condition I use salerm 21 on wet hair which gives me excellent slip. Then I use a round brush and blow dryer. I go over it with my flat iron to get the sleek look i like. I do this only once a month now b/c of the amount of heat. I usually stretch 5 months or more. Right now i'm 27 weeks post. I haven't found the need to relax just yet.

Hi Mars...which Salerm 21 product do u use to get that excellent slip? does it have protien or is it a moisturising condish? TIA

Thanks ladies for replying.

Mars, I was wondering when you were going to let us know how you get your NG so straight at the edges. I would luv a visual.

um she's not extra gentle but she's not that rough either. the straighter she tries to get it the less gentle she is. im 4b. last time i stretched for 3 months. they use a round brush.

Back