4a/4b LADIES ASSISTANCE PLEASE

I already posted this in the 4a/b updated roll call so sorry for the double post but wasn't sure if anyone still went in that thread.

Ok my 4a/b ladies just a quick question. I am definately in the 4a/b boat. Elasta QP (poo for relaxed-wash, bodifying poo-clarify, BCS, and DPR 11) and NTM (poo and condish) have proved good to me if only I was a little more consistant. But the NTM silk touch is not moisturizing enough for me. I have combatted it by mixiing it with Africa's Best Herbal oil and that has helped. But I would prefer one product instead of two. So my question to you'll is what moisturizer do you suggest. I am considering Salerm 21 or the QP oil moisturizer but I am not sure which one. So ladies, especially those who can have good results with the NTM and QP, can you help me out here? Thanks a bunch in advance.

Oh yeah just in case it affects your recommendation the QP mango butter does absolutely nothing for my hair. Still be dry as a desert when I use it.

Last edited:
I no longer use Mango Butter and I very rarely use the Silk Touch. I don't find it to be moisturizing. I use Qhemet Amla & Olive Heavy Cream, EndAll, or Hairveda Baggie Cream. Once in a while I use Happy Nappy Styles from Blended Beauty or Sunsilk AntiCaida 24/7 leave in. These two are good, also. Everybody will be up in a couple hours so you should be getting some good suggestions. :yep:

I no longer use Mango Butter and I very rarely use the Silk Touch. I don't find it to be moisturizing. I use Qhemet Amla & Olive Heavy Cream, EndAll, or Hairveda Baggie Cream. Once in a while I use Happy Nappy Styles from Blended Beauty or Sunsilk AntiCaida 24/7 leave in. These two are good, also. Everybody will be up in a couple hours so you should be getting some good suggestions. :yep:

I was just looking at someone's fotki last night and they raved about these two. I have only been using the hydra tlc leave in and so far it has been great to me. I made sure to clarify before I used it though. Today, I am going to pick up the anticaida 24/7 leave in.

Brownie518-I'm gonna have to look up these products and see what they are all about. I do remember seeing some reviews for the Baggie cream before maybe I will give them another look. Aren't they made by someone on the site? May definately have to look into this.

Tishee-I have the hydra tlc also maybe I should make it my everyday leave-in. I used it more before I relaxed again and also when I dry on wash day. But if it will make my hair shiny like yours then I may need to reconsider

Kenedie-I have been hearing great things about the ORS carrot oil. Also I know that it is readily available so that is a plus. I think I remember seeing it on my last spree. :yep: Looks like it would be very light on the hair.

LadyZ-I also saw the Garnier on my last lil spree. I had a hard time deciding between that and the Sunsilk hydra. The Sunsilk does work good but maybe I should reconsider the Garnier. I see that the JBCO is highly recommended by many. Looking into it as I speak because my regular ole Hollywood Beauty castor oil works good so I know this is probably great

Thanks for the suggestions ladies You all have a great wealth of knowledge Trying to get there with you

Brownie518-I'm gonna have to look up these products and see what they are all about. I do remember seeing some reviews for the Baggie cream before maybe I will give them another look. Aren't they made by someone on the site? May definitely have to look into this.

Tishee-I have the hydra TLC also maybe I should make it my everyday leave-in. I used it more before I relaxed again and also when I dry on wash day. But if it will make my hair shiny like yours then I may need to reconsider

Kenedie-I have been hearing great things about the ORS carrot oil. Also I know that it is readily available so that is a plus. I think I remember seeing it on my last spree. :yep: Looks like it would be very light on the hair.

LadyZ-I also saw the Garnier on my last lil spree. I had a hard time deciding between that and the Sun silk hydra. The Sunsilk does work good but maybe I should reconsider the Garnier. I see that the JBCO is highly recommended by many. Looking into it as I speak because my regular ole Hollywood Beauty Castor oil works good so I know this is probably great

Thanks for the suggestions ladies You all have a great wealth of knowledge Trying to get there with you
========

I really like Garnier... A little goes a long way too, I am hearing a lot of good raves about Sunsilk ... I may try it... I am a PJ and I won't buy until I use up some of this stuff... JBCO is good for moisture...

========

I really like Garnier... A little goes a long way too, I am hearing a lot of good raves about Sunsilk ... I may try it... I am a PJ and I won't buy until I use up some of this stuff... JBCO is good for moisture...

:grin: that is my problem too. I knew about two weeks ago when I went into CVS and spent $74 in products then two days later spent $27 online. I knew it was time to slow my roll. I was getting too caught up. I'm trying to use up all I have now and weed out what I don't like.

I'm going back to straight Elasta QP products as far as poos, conditioners, proteins and leave ins. Sunsilk may stay for when I am stretching or drying my hair. The castor oil has to stay and I think I may keep around my Sulfur 8, Glovers and Aphogee 2 min and the hard one. So now I just need the perfect moisturizer and I will be good to go. I know certain things worked for me so I don't know why I had to experiment. The wallet no likey :nono:. Inexpensive and good is just as good as expensive and good.

Last edited:
By the way LadyZ is the Garnier really thick or watery? I don't like to use the Sunsilk everyday just because it kinda plasters my hair down especially now that it has been cut. The NTM is better in that respect but not enough to keep me moisturized without oil. This in turn leads back to the heaviness. Although I must say I have loved the Africa's Best oil since way back.

I have come a long way from having dry hair. I tried a couple products and what is working great for me right now is BB Moisturizing Growth Lotion and sealing with African Angel coconut oil. I get softness and moisture at the same time. Also you should be drinking lots of water.

I have come a long way from having dry hair. I tried a couple products and what is working great for me right now is BB Moisturizing Growth Lotion and sealing with African Angel coconut oil. I get softness and moisture at the same time. Also you should be drinking lots of water.

camosil- Thanks for the advice the coconut oil is like the JBCO I hear both of them a lot. The BB lotion is new on me though. You remind me of my mom with the bolded :yep:. She always at me for not drinking enough water. I go through spurts with the water drinking.

Back