Could we have an updated-4a/b roll call? Apologies...

4B Checking in!!!

BTW Tayw29, your hair looks great! How did you get so much growth in such a short amount of time?
edit: Oops! I just noticed you already posted your regime.

Last edited:
Dunno if I posted here before...

4a.

I'm too lazy to type out all my products :lol: but they can be found in my fotki under Products.

4a/b (mostly a) cheking in!!!:weird:

I'm no product junky (yet) but i'll post this

oils:
EVOO
100% pure coconut oil
peppermint essential oil
eucalyptus essential oil
rosemary essentialoil
maskriti oil
ORS oil spray

shampoos:
suave coconut shampoo

conditioner:
suave coconut conditioner
Man N' Tail conditioner (only when in need of heavy protein)

leave in:
infusium23

mousse:
motions

gel:
comb-thru gel

Moisturizer:
S-curl no drip moisturizer
ORS olive moisturizer.

MonaLisa said:
PC, are you on the Keep It Simple Sister challenge? Cause man, you've got the simple regimen down pat! :)

LOL, no... I find that the least amount of products I use, the better. It took me a long time to curb PJism! I also do the same styles every week - a rollerset/wrap and mohawk rollerset to maintain.

4b signing up!

Relaxer
Phyto II

Shampoo
Nexxus Therappe
Nexxus Aloe Rid
CON
J/A/S/O/N/S Biotin

Conditioner
Nexxus Humectress
Nacadit
Salerm Wheat Germ
Salerm 21 (leave-in)
L'Occitane Olive Oil Mask
ORS Replenishing Paks
Silicon Mix (miracle worker on new growth)
Miss Keys mixed with almond oil, olive oil & coconut oil
Aubrey Organics White Camelia
J/A/S/O/N/S Jojoba, Apricot, Biotin, Rosewater

Moisturizers/Cremes
Keracare Jojoba Oil Moisturizer
Elasta QP Recovery
Mane & Tail Carrot Oil Creme
S-Curl

Oils
CARROT OIL!!!!!

For Fun
John Frieda Color Glaze
L'Oreal Color Pulse

4a checkin in!

Shampoo - Nexxus Therrappe
Conditioner - Nexxus Humectress/Keraphix
Moisturizers - Biostrand Phorme, Keracare Essential Oil, QP Mango Butter, Protectiv 3in1 Oil
Other Products - Motions Pomade, BB Wrapping Foam

Last edited:
tsmith said:
Mona, I'm scared of the strong treatment. I wanna try it sooooo bad:)

Gurrrrrrrrrrl....u g'won and give it a try. If it makes you feel any better..
KiniKakes uses it on the regular...;)

*Mo types this as she has a cocoction of Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor and a mysterious jar from her closet on her head under a plastic cap :perplexed

4a/b checking in

Shampoo
CON (RED LABEL)
Heath&Shoulders
Suave's clar. poo

Moisturizers
NTM Silk Touch Conditioner
Suave Berry Smoothie Conditioner
Scurl(random)

Relaxer
Optimum-no-lye

I'm a 4a/b and I think this black castor oil is turning me into a 4z...my hair is getting thicker

sherylin123 said:
I'm a 4a/b and I think this black castor oil is turning me into a 4z...my hair is getting thicker

Hmmmmmmmmm......

How are you using it? By itself? In combination with another product?

MonaLisa said:
if there has been a thread on this prior (hard to do a search on).

I just wanted to ask this because, although I have some hair idols...their hair isn't that close to mine (with the exception of the ultimate 4a/b idol AJamerican Diva) -- until I thoroughly examined Babygurl's album and was like wow...I can relate to her hair...and she has really inspired me in terms of me making progress as well. I also check mrslee..cause the things her hair likes, mine does as well.

I figure we can learn from each other...I know...things respond differently sometimes to different heads...but then again...sometimes they don't!

I'll start it off...I'm 4a/b...sometimes...it gets more A than b...but dat b is definitely up in there...

My hair is down with:
Poos: Keracare Detangling/CON/NTM

Conditioners:
Moisturizing - Keracare Humecto (tub); NTM; (contemplating Salerm WG Mask based on mrslee's continued results)

Protein - ManeNTail/Aubrey Organics GPB/UBH
Heavy Protein Treatment- Aphoghee (decided to stick with it, it works, smell doesn't bother me at all)

Conditioners for CO Washes/PrePoo Treatments: Suave Milk & Honey, Suave Humectant, White Rain, VO5

Moisturizers: Elasta QP Mango Butter; Surge Woojee; BB Castor Oil and Aloe;
Coconut Softee (thanks to Kitchentician); WGO

Leave-In: NTM Silk Touch

Serum: NTM

I'll Surge when I can remember. Will slap castor oil, coconut oil, profective healthy ends or one of my moisturizers on to protect my ends.

Currently rocking a quick weave as protective style for the winter, if not wearing my own hair out.

UPDATED: 12/2006

Shampoos: Breakthru/Jason's

Conditioners:
Moisturizing: NTM DDC, Motions Moisture Plus, Phytospecific Intense Nutrition Mask, White Rain Tropical Coconut, Proclaim Aloe and Shea Butter :love:

Protein Based: MNT Original Conditioner, ORS Mayonnaise

Protein Treatments: Aphogee (Heavy, when needed); Aphogee two minute reconstructor (love this :love:); Duo Tex

Moisturizers: Kids Organics Moisturizing Detangling Lotion, ORS Olive Oil, Silk Elements

Hairdressing Cremes: Keracare, Vitapointe

Leave in:
At home: Keracare, NTM
Rollersetting: Lacio Lacio

Serums: NTM, ORS

Oils: Hot 6 oil, sweet almond, olive, coconut

Rocking a quick weave/wig if not wearing my own hair out.
Try to keep it low manipulation :)

Last edited:
Bumping for end of 2006 contributions -
know there's some new 4a/b's on the scene...

What'cha doin? What'cha using? Share....

*puts out some beef sticks, Ginger Ale, Alize and some butter cookies*

I'm a 4a/b with fine hair and I'm using NTM silk touch leave in, s-curl when I'm stretching, Giovanni Direct Leave in, just started castor oil, Aveda elixir for about the first 6 weeks after a perm along with the Aveda DR Shampoo and Intensive Treatment, Elucence MB conditioner and Elucence Clarifier and I perm with Phyto.

:wave: I'm 4a/b!

I use mostly Aveda products:

Aveda Brilliant Conditioner
Aveda Deep Penetrating Revitalizer
Aveda Detoxifier
Jojoba Oil
Olive Oil
Lekair Cholesterol
Sometimes Aphogee as well.

I mostly wear my hair in a bun. I am currently BSL (top of bra strap) and aiming for WL. I am relaxer free, not chemical free, cuz I just got a black rinse in my hair last month. I'm considering using henna and learning how to press my own hair. I do my own trims and am hoping to trim no more than 2 times in 07 (want to learn how to do that "search & destroy" method!) ;)

There was a big discussion this weekend on whether my hair was 4a/b or C. The roundbrush decided it was 4a since I have perfectly tight spiral curls. :lol:

I am a 4a crown and sides with a 4 b kitchen. Currently using Nuetrogena NTM and Kera Care Products.

3c,4a,4bczzzzz natural checking in!

I use hot six oil as an overnight prepoo. I wash weekly with generic tea tree oil from Sally's and CON green bottle. I follow up with redken all soft heavy cream conditioner (sometimes under the dryer, sometimes not). Once a month, I do a duotex just to be safe. My leave ins are Paul Mitchell the conditioner mixed with shea butter oil. I twist with the cantu heavy leave in (thank goodness it's cheap, because I have to use alot!). I moisturize nightly with diluted infusium 23 and shea butter oil.

I am 4a but with seems to be a little looser at times. I have 3b/cish at the back of the head. About 2 b-ish along the hairline area along the back of the ears. Overall when looking at it, it is 4a.

I am 4a/b...more b than a.

Right now I am on my own personal Keracare challenge to see if I can stick to one line, with the exceptiono of my cheapie pre-poo conditioner.

this is a great thread, i'm 4a natural. all my regimen etc is in my fotki but i keep changing it.

Man this roll call is serious. Great idea! 4a 4b checking in. I am a HUGE PJ but right now I am trying to focus.

Silk Elements Lye relaxer Course (old)
ORS no-lye

Shampoo & Conditioners:
Generics Humectress
VO5's (almost all of them)
Suave Professional Humectin & Humectress
Thermasilk Moisture
Silk Elements

Deep Conditioner:
Lakair Cholesterol
Silk Elements Cholesterol
NTM Mask
Fantasia reconstructor - (can't find anymore)

Moisturizers:
Daily co-washes w/ cold water rinse
NTM Silk
Mango butter (old)

Other items:
seal ends with vaseline
coconut oil
castor oil (old)
LIV (old)
Blue Magic coconut (old)
s-curl spray
Beyond the zone thermal spray for flat ironing
A little pressing grease for flat ironing
Multi vitamins and supplements
Exercise at least 3x a week
LOTS OF WATER

Last edited:
4/b checkin in:

Shampoo: NTM cream lather, NTM dry soothing scalp, Keracare 1st lather (clarify)

Conditioners: NTM daily deep conditioner,MNT (lite protein) and for co-washes hello hydration (used first few weeks of touch up), suave thick and full, and vo5

Deep Conditioners: Salerm Wheat Germ Mask:love:

Protein Treatments: Motions CPR, ORS, Emergencee

Moisturizers: Scurl, Elasta QP Oil Moisture Recovery, Keracare Jojoba and Mango Butter

Leave ins: Salerm, Rusk Smoother, MNT, NTM Silk Touch

Oils: Castor, EVOO, Coconut, Amla, and Kemi

Serums: NTM

Back