4 Month Co-Washing Challenge!

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
***UPDATE*** The challenge has been extended to August 31. Might as well finish out the month, right? :D

Since it's getting warmer, I know a lot of us will start washing/co-washing more. So I figured I'd start a challenge lasting through the summer months. The challenge will last from next Monday (May 5) till August 18, exactly 4 months. So get all of the conditioners you need and join the challenge!

*RULES*

The rules are simple: co-wash at least 3 times a week and check in after each co-wash to keep yourself in check. If you know you have to check in, you'll be more likely to do it!

So who's with me? Come join me in the wonderfulness that is co-washing :grin:

Last edited:
This MIGHT be my first challenge but i got some questions.

-So I can't use shampoo AT ALL during these 3-4 months? What if a problem arises and i have to?

-I gotta co-wash 3 times a week? How bout 1-2?

-What's my prize?

This MIGHT be my first challenge but i got some questions.

-So I can't use shampoo AT ALL during these 3-4 months? What if a problem arises and i have to?

-I gotta co-wash 3 times a week? How bout 1-2?

-What's my prize?

Yep, you can use shampoo! I'll probably shampoo once a week :yep:

I guess you can co wash twice, but no less! :lol:

Your prize is bangin hair.... Well, even MORE bangin hair than you already have! :)

I'm in. I only co-wash anyway UNLESS it is my week to have my hurrs straightened/flatironed (3 weeks cowashed/1 week straight per month) :yep:

I'm in! I co-washed today! :yep:

I can use this in conjunction with my MegaTek challenge, to help me stay on track!
Plus I have a TON of other conditioner to use up!

Yep, you can use shampoo! I'll probably shampoo once a week :yep:

I guess you can co wash twice, but no less! :lol:

Your prize is bangin hair.... Well, even MORE bangin hair than you already have! :)

I don't even have 3 kids and i have to make sure i get some time for a wash day. It takes me about 3-4 hrs to complete my hair. When do you have time to co-wash your hair 3 times a week? At 4am?? What, are you airdrying? That must be it.

3 times a week x 3-4 hrs = 12 hrs. a whole day! How do yall do this!?
Count me in though! 1-2 times a week! I need to anyway with all this NG.

I don't even have 3 kids and i have to make sure i get some time for a wash day. It takes me about 3-4 hrs to complete my hair. When do you have time to co-wash your hair 3 times a week? At 4am?? What, are you airdrying? That must be it.

Yep ...I air dry....It doesn't take me 3 or 4 hrs to do my hair....I so believe in KISS...The longest step is deep conditioning and that takes 20 to 40 mins and I only do that a couple of times a week.......I protective styling 99% of the time

:lachen: :lachen:
Girl, it's hard and I be tired than a mug, but I gotsta take care of my hair :lol:

I usually wake up early before the kids are up, or I wait till they take their afternoon nap, or I wait till after they go to bed at night. I do my hair while in the shower and then airdry in a bun. I'd like to try rollersetting more, but it takes me a long time, so it usually can't fit into my schedule most of the time

What will you ladies be co-washing with?

I'll be using Trader Joe's conditioner (love it!), Motions CPR (to avoid over moisturizing my hair) and prolly some of the Herbal Essences conditioners that I bought and now need to use up. :drunk:

This was my plan until Aug, so I'm in too!

Question---what type of hairstyles are ya'll planning on doing with such frequent cowashing? I know there's the ever ready bun, but what else?

Back