3rd BKT and my 2nd wash n go ever

Very pretty! Shows that with BKT a person can still have versatility!

Thanks NikStar! I'm all about options so this is working out well. But the real seller is the easy detangling! :thud:

I have a mix of 3b/c & 4a. In the back it seems to have reverted more so than in the front. I'm attaching a few photos that I took today.

Your curls ares still so defined, Naturaltobe! Gorgeous! :lick: I know you said you're noticing more frizz when you wear your hair straight, but I bet you'd still have frizz free curls for weeks if you wanted to wear curly for a while.

Your hair really looks fabulous

Thank you, Evsbaby!!

Sheba1,

Oooohh, your curls are gorgeous. I'm salivating!! You make BKT look even better.
She did the dang thang! She is going to start a trend, I just know it!!

I love the way the spirals frame her face just right and then they do that cute little corkscrew thing in the back! If she were around me I would try to sneak and touch them all the time. She would have to swat my hand! :rofl:

Sheba1,

Oooohh, your curls are gorgeous. I'm salivating!! You make BKT look even better.

Thank you, Yodie! :wiggle: I'm loving it.

She did the dang thang! She is going to start a trend, I just know it!!

I love the way the spirals frame her face just right and then they do that cute little corkscrew thing in the back! If she were around me I would try to sneak and touch them all the time. She would have to swat my hand! :rofl:

:lachen::lachen: I sure would swat your hand, AJ! You know if I play in it all day like the first night I can make my hair as big as Side Show Bob. :rofl:

I love the curls! Beautiful!

Thank you SoCalli!

As an earlier doubter of BKT, I digress. :blush::blush: Your curls look absolutely fabulous! You look so pleased and beautiful in those pics too!

Girl, the looser curls are what I'm questing for! I did order some BKT last week, still waiting for it to arrive, as it's coming all the way from the US. I know I cannot DIY as I'm no good that way, especially where heat is concerned, but I'm 'grooming' a certain local Italian male stylist so he'll do it for me sometime in the (hopefully near) future.

So, when your hair starts going frizzy, is that a sign it's wearing off and you'll need another treatment soon? Do you reckon the treatment would last longer if you were to wait the 3-4 days after treating before doing anything to it? I want the treatment for ease of handling my hair, so I don't feel I'm fighting it every time I do something to it when it's loose, but also want to keep my protective styles going. Maybe BKT, wear straight for the first 3-4 days, W&G curls for a couple of days post wash, PS till the next BKT 2-4 months later. Do you DC when you wash between the BKTs? Hope you don't mind all my ?????s girl!

Your hair looks great!!

Thanks so much, NC Cutie. :)

As an earlier doubter of BKT, I digress. :blush::blush: Your curls look absolutely fabulous! You look so pleased and beautiful in those pics too!

Aww, thank you! I really feel beautiful with my hair in a wash n go. It's so freeing. Yesterday, a girlfriend wanted to pick me up for shopping and lunch. She asked me how soon I could be ready, and I said 20 minutes. I hopped in the shower, did a wash n go and looked fabulous all day. I've never experienced this freedom before.

And not saying my hair wouldn't have looked great as a wash n go, before. But I can imagine that the detangling after would have been insane and the single strand knots I would have formed would have been detrimental to my hair over time.

Girl, the looser curls are what I'm questing for! I did order some BKT last week, still waiting for it to arrive, as it's coming all the way from the US. I know I cannot DIY as I'm no good that way, especially where heat is concerned, but I'm 'grooming' a certain local Italian male stylist so he'll do it for me sometime in the (hopefully near) future.

So, when your hair starts going frizzy, is that a sign it's wearing off and you'll need another treatment soon? Do you reckon the treatment would last longer if you were to wait the 3-4 days after treating before doing anything to it?
Yes, the hair will frizz easier when straight when it begins to wear. I don't think it would last any longer with the longer wait, but I'm not certain, either. The longest I've waited is 48 hours before my first wash. I believe it has more to do with the number of layers of bkt on the hair. The more layers, the longer it lasts, I think? But this is only a theory.

I want the treatment for ease of handling my hair, so I don't feel I'm fighting it every time I do something to it when it's loose, but also want to keep my protective styles going. Maybe BKT, wear straight for the first 3-4 days, W&G curls for a couple of days post wash, PS till the next BKT 2-4 months later. Do you DC when you wash between the BKTs? Hope you don't mind all my ?????s girl!
This was my desire for bkt, also, and I got it in spades :yep: The ease of detangling does not seem to go away, even as the treatment is beginning to wear. Meaning, even as my curls begin to tighten again, my hair is still easy to detangle and protective styling is still a breeze. I don't know how long after the frizzing appears that the easier detangling would go away, because I have done my next treatment before really finding out. :ohwell:

I think the schedule you've suggested would work out just fine. I have been seriously slacking on my DCs but that's because I don't use heat, except to apply the product. With each wash or cowash, I do a reconstruct with aphogee 2 minute, Add leave in and style as usual. As it gets closer to reapplication time, I up my DCs in preparation for the high heat of the bkt application.

I don't mind the questions, at all! The more the better :yep: I'm hoping that any woman with any texture hair can one day find all the answers they need on lhcf. That can only happen with lots of different experiences, questions and hair types. I welcome it. Thanks Jax!

Thank you for your pics and stories about BKT. Since LHCF I've been a DIYer. And with your help I became a BKT-er. BTW, your hair is fabulous. Just one question: what does your hair look like at the end of a day with WNG. Would you post a few? Thank you again for sharing.

blissy said:
Thank you for your pics and stories about BKT. Since LHCF I've been a DIYer. And with your help I became a BKT-er. BTW, your hair is fabulous. Just one question: what does your hair look like at the end of a day with WNG. Would you post a few? Thank you again for sharing.

Thank you, Blissy. Good for you on the DIY!

Those are end of day pics, as long as I keep my hands out of it. I took those in the evening after work.

To give you some idea as to how my hair looks if I play in it all day, Blissy, I'll post pics of my hair this morning. Yesterday I did a wash n go and it looked great and defined all day. But last night I fell asleep without wrapping it up :spank: and this is what it looks like this morning. I've added no additional product and I'm on my way to the gym.

1 slept on.JPG

2 slept on no flash.JPG

3 slept on with flash.JPG

The next time I do a wash n go, I may post pics of what my hair looks like right before bed, but it really is just like the ones at the beginning of the thread as long as I keep my hands out of it. If I play in it, it's a little bigger but not as much as the pics above.

Thanks for the pics sheba1. I've never done a wash and go before but the freedom is appealing. You used a product "black and sassy cream" What is it?

your curls are awesome!!!! thanks for sharing

Thanks Chosen07!

Thanks for the pics sheba1. I've never done a wash and go before but the freedom is appealing. You used a product "black and sassy cream" What is it?

Black n sassy cream set is like a creamy setting lotion. I used a very small amount of it. You can find it at sally's or your local bss. I used mostly water and lekair cholesterol olive oil conditioner. The black n sassy was just smoothed through to add additional hold.

Thanks for answering ALL of my questions Sheba! I'm not saying do it more often but I just LOVE how big yet smooth your hair is the next morning after falling asleep without wrapping it. Imagine doing that on regular nappy hair - Lord have mercy!!!

I agree that detangling is still a breeze even at 5 weeks post bkt. My last treatment was 4/23 and my hair is still easier to manage after not relaxing since 12/30/07.

In the past I spent an hour detangling and my hair was not even all that long.
Thanks so much, NC Cutie. :)

Aww, thank you! I really feel beautiful with my hair in a wash n go. It's so freeing. Yesterday, a girlfriend wanted to pick me up for shopping and lunch. She asked me how soon I could be ready, and I said 20 minutes. I hopped in the shower, did a wash n go and looked fabulous all day. I've never experienced this freedom before.

And not saying my hair wouldn't have looked great as a wash n go, before. But I can imagine that the detangling after would have been insane and the single strand knots I would have formed would have been detrimental to my hair over time.

Yes, the hair will frizz easier when straight when it begins to wear. I don't think it would last any longer with the longer wait, but I'm not certain, either. The longest I've waited is 48 hours before my first wash. I believe it has more to do with the number of layers of bkt on the hair. The more layers, the longer it lasts, I think? But this is only a theory.

This was my desire for bkt, also, and I got it in spades :yep: The ease of detangling does not seem to go away, even as the treatment is beginning to wear. Meaning, even as my curls begin to tighten again, my hair is still easy to detangle and protective styling is still a breeze. I don't know how long after the frizzing appears that the easier detangling would go away, because I have done my next treatment before really finding out. :ohwell:

I think the schedule you've suggested would work out just fine. I have been seriously slacking on my DCs but that's because I don't use heat, except to apply the product. With each wash or cowash, I do a reconstruct with aphogee 2 minute, Add leave in and style as usual. As it gets closer to reapplication time, I up my DCs in preparation for the high heat of the bkt application.

I don't mind the questions, at all! The more the better :yep: I'm hoping that any woman with any texture hair can one day find all the answers they need on lhcf. That can only happen with lots of different experiences, questions and hair types. I welcome it. Thanks Jax!

Awww, I love it! And I'm happy that you love it!
I can't wait to get mine!

Thank you, Winnetag! I can't wait to see your hair bkt'd. Wow :lick:

Thanks for answering ALL of my questions Sheba! I'm not saying do it more often but I just LOVE how big yet smooth your hair is the next morning after falling asleep without wrapping it. Imagine doing that on regular nappy hair - Lord have mercy!!!

You are so welcome, Jaxhair. hahaha I hear you! It's tempting to do it more often. My bf says he loves my hair like this. All tame and curly when I leave for work and all wild and sexy when I wake up in the morning. :rofl:

I agree that detangling is still a breeze even at 5 weeks post bkt. My last treatment was 4/23 and my hair is still easier to manage after not relaxing since 12/30/07.

In the past I spent an hour detangling and my hair was not even all that long.

:yep: Agreed! My hair always took upwards of a half hour to detangle, I heard several hairs go pop every single wash day, and I would shake my head every time someone said they rinsed their hair every day. There was just no way, with the way my hair would curl on itself. But now I rinse my hair daily and either wet bun or wash n go. I love it. This has been such a freeing hair experience for me.

Sheba 1, your curls are gorgeous!! I'm so happy that you found something that works for you. Yay!!

Wow! Sheba, your hair looks great. I'm very tempted to do this now after seeing your hair. I definitely want to keep a lot of texture. My hair is similar to yours, however, your curls might be a bit more defined, even pre-BKT. I sent you a PM also.

I'm not sure if I have the patience to do this myself, though. :look: But I may try. I'd like to be able to wear effortless wash-n-go's and smoothed backed buns throughout the summer and then press it when I choose.

I asked if one can still press their hair with the BKT, and Pinkskates said yes, as she had right after her second wash. So, that confirmation makes me want to take the plunge.

Sheba1---- I DID IT wash and go!! OMG the freedom of it all. AMAZING. Loved it. Thank you so much for blazing the way.
But of course I have more questions. What is your DC regimen? Which product and how often?

I want someone in Houston to do this for me....*sigh*

I would do it for you but I'm in Dallas. Call around. There are stylists charging way too much in some areas for something that does not require amazing talent to do. There are alot of youtube vids on how to do this. DIY if you can. Practice makes perfect...

This is serious stuff.

Amazing Wash n go's on women who have never known such. Applause!

Sheba 1, your curls are gorgeous!! I'm so happy that you found something that works for you. Yay!!

Thank you, Yodie!! Come on in, when you're ready. The water is fine! ;)

Wow! Sheba, your hair looks great. I'm very tempted to do this now after seeing your hair. I definitely want to keep a lot of texture. My hair is similar to yours, however, your curls might be a bit more defined, even pre-BKT. I sent you a PM also.

I'm not sure if I have the patience to do this myself, though. :look: But I may try. I'd like to be able to wear effortless wash-n-go's and smoothed backed buns throughout the summer and then press it when I choose.

I asked if one can still press their hair with the BKT, and Pinkskates said yes, as she had right after her second wash. So, that confirmation makes me want to take the plunge.

Read up on it; all the pros and cons. And if you decide to do it, do it yourself! It's too easy to pay someone hundreds of dollars for this treatment. If you arm yourself with a couple of fans and an open window, you can really do this. :yep:

Wash-n-go's and smoothed back buns are my hair do's for the summer! I'm lovin it :love: and my hair seems to be doing very well. I only detangle once per week but rinse or co wash daily. Once a week I shampoo with a mixture of amla oil, mill creek biotin and water in a applicator bottle. I just never thought my hair could be this easy.

Sheba1---- I DID IT wash and go!! OMG the freedom of it all. AMAZING. Loved it. Thank you so much for blazing the way.
But of course I have more questions. What is your DC regimen? Which product and how often?

Ooooh Yay!!!! :yay: Isn't it just awesome?! Awww I'm just an experimenter at heart. :)

I DC on dry hair with either Sally's GVP conditioning balm or Elasta QP intense fortifying conditioner. I only DC every other week, or so. I don't use heat, much, lately. I just put it in, put my hair in a braid, pin it up and wrap it with a shower cap followed by satin cap over night. In the morning... you guessed it! I either cowash or shampoo with mill creek biotin shampoo mix, follow with aphogee 2 minute reconstructor and either wash-n-go or wet bun. :yep: ahhhh, this is the life!

I want someone in Houston to do this for me....*sigh*

Awww, Bronze, do it yourself! It's so eaaaaasy. You'll kick yourself if you pay someone hundreds of dollars to do this, seriously. lol

I would do it for you but I'm in Dallas. Call around. There are stylists charging way too much in some areas for something that does not require amazing talent to do. There are alot of youtube vids on how to do this. DIY if you can. Practice makes perfect...

This is serious stuff.

Amazing Wash n go's on women who have never known such. Applause!

Agreed! :yep: BKT is really shaking things up. So far, I love it! I can't wait to see where my hair is a year from now. You've been bkting for over a year right? Your hair is fabulous!

Thanks Bgsix!

Update guys! Today I used the knock off recipe of Miss Jessie's Butter Cream and I loved the results! My hair is so touchably soft and still defined. I'm digging these results the best.

I used a mixture of the "butter cream", cholesterol olive oil leave in, moose and sabino. It was lovely!

ladies, I saw this ad on craigslist: Does it look legit. I saw that naturaltobe paid less than $100 for hers each time...

What is a Keratin Blow-Out Treatment? - If you want healthy hair this is the perfect solution for you. It has Keratin Conditioning Treament in it, (chemical FREE) which makes it one of the best ways to straighten your hair.

It is completly natural conditioning BLOW-Out.

You hair is wash with a protein base shampoo to infuse the hair cuticle and help nourish/rebuild healthy texture, then keratin conditioning Treatment is apply, coating the hairshaft to rebuild hair structure and stop breakage. After conditioning keratin green tea reconstructurizer is apply --- hair is then Blow dry straight and Style leaving it with instant body.

The reason why the Keratin Blow-OUT is a better option than ******* A Chemical Application********* is that it is COMPLETLY NATURAL*** CHEMICALS have the potential to harm the structure of your hair.
This Keratin works wonders on curly and wavy hair. How ever, there is no hassle about hair breakage because this product is *chemical free. It does not affect the internal construct of your hair. It only works on the cuticle and does not get into the cortex, thereby enabling great action by the keratin.
If you are still wondering whether to try the treatment or not, CALL US SO WE CAN ASISST YOU. $75.00

Back