3rd BKT all done - DH helped me

naturalmanenyc

3rd Brazilian Keratin Treatment all done - DH helped me

We did not get salon results but I do think I will like it more after the first wash.

Since DH is always talking to women about their relaxer damage and telling them that they should get BKT, I got him to help me.:grin: Now he will be more detailed in giving his hair advice.
http://public.fotki.com/RegsWife/3rd-bkt-rejuvenol-d/

ETA - Did the first wash out on day 5 & my hair did revert to curls. I noticed no pieces that were burned straight, only relaxed/texlaxed pieces. I did a rollerset. :grin:

Last edited:
Thanks! DH helped me to take out my last weave in 2007. I guilted him into it by saying that if we have a daughter he will need to know how to do her hair. I also didn't want to drive an hour, each way, to/from Yorktown Heights for my friend who installed the weave to take it down.

That's too sweet! I'll bet he'll never shut up about BKT now! :lachen:

Your hair looks gawjus!

Your hair looks great. I'm sure with blowdry practice you could get it even sleeker, but it still looks good the way it is. And I LOOOOVE the bun. Off to find out how to do it.

My next plan is for him to learn to cornrow. I just got it down about a week ago (been trying since November) but it would be so much easier if DH just cornrowed my hair for me. His brother can cornrow so I'm hoping he can teach DH since I can barely cornrow.

It's all preparation for our would-be daughter in addition to helping me out & saving us money. He still won't let me retwist his hair....but maybe one day after he gets fed up with the long salon waits.

Your hair looks beautiful!:gorgeous: Can you please ask your hubby how much would he charge to style my hair? Lol!:lachen: He will soon be able to set up a BKT salon with you!:yep:

How funny, Coco! I would like to know his rates too ;)!!

Beautiful hair, lovely results, and what an adorable couple you two are!!! You both did well at your first self-application!!! Congrats!!!!

Naturaltobe, great album! Your hair looks so healthy & shiny, I totally love your style.

Thanks!!! He is really a keeper.

I am probably leaving it alone for 4 days as directed. I was planning to wash it out today (like Sheba & Brittany) but I will let it cure for a bit. I don't need to be in the office until Tuesday and I will just wear my bun then.

Re: 3rd Brazilian Keratin Treatment all done - DH helped me

We did not get salon results but I do think I will like it more after the first wash.

Since DH is always talking to women about their relaxer damage and telling them that they should get BKT, I got him to help me.:grin: Now he will be more detailed in giving his hair advice.
http://public.fotki.com/RegsWife/3rd-bkt-rejuvenol-d/

3rd treatment - I THINK YOUR ADDICTED!!! :lachen:

But besides that - looks great, and ur hubby is officially 'cool'.

Back