3a,b Ladies please help

deniseloc

My niece has curly hair and no clue how to bring out her natural curl. She slaps gel on it every day and thats all it looks very dry crunchy and matted to her head could you ladies please tell me what products do you use on 3a,b natural hair to define your curls. Thanx Ladies

deniseloc said:
My niece has curly hair and no clue how to bring out her natural curl. She slaps gel on it every day and thats all it looks very dry crunchy and matted to her head could you ladies please tell me what products do you use on 3a,b natural hair to define your curls. Thanx Ladies

I'm somewhere in the 3 family.

A cupful or so of warm water with about a teaspoon of honey dissolved in it really makes my curls pop. I don't have exact measurements, I just add until it "feels" right, and then shake the spray bottle hard to combine the two. If in doubt, err on the side of caution, and use more water than honey, too much will leave your hair sticky and attract bees.:look:

I mist my hair very lightly with honey water when I'm going for super curls and then rub a tiny amount of a coconut oil between my palms and scrunch my hair with it.

HTH!:)

co-washing helps
and also using a thick leave-in conditioner plus a gel
so that her hair won't be crunchy
yet soft and defined

vangrey said:
co-washing helps
yet soft and defined

Vangrey, your curls are so pretty!

I've found that shealoe butter behaves like a gel in my hair.

Thanx Ladies so much my niece really needs this info. I had pm camilla and a couple of other ladies thanx for your response.

Last edited:
i would avoid gels, they're too cruncy. don't wash it too much, co-washing with conditioner and using a good leave in and a good serum. and don't touch your hair while its drying.

vangrey said:
co-washing helps
yet soft and defined

Your curls are absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gels make my hair hard and kind of stiff so to speak. I love using coconut oil. I mist my hair lightly with a little water or Surge 14 (spray). Then I add a little coconut oil and comb my hair with my fingers.

Also, as soon as I wash / condition and rinse my hair (regular shampoo/condition days) I love putting the coconut oil on my wet hair and allowing it to air dry.

I use other oils too, such as Alma (Indian Hair oil) and I also use Nexxus Headress and I've even used Aveda Elixer (Leave in). They all keep my natural curls...natural loose and wavy. ;)

Hope this helps. ;)

I like to use Giovanni leave-in and Oyin Whipped butter...makes my curls pop.

Also, Beyond the Zone Noodlehead is a great product to make the curls pop.

I don't use gel...to hardening on the hair.

HTH

Shimmie said:
Gels make my hair hard and kind of stiff so to speak. I love using coconut oil. I mist my hair lightly with a little water or Surge 14 (spray). Then I add a little coconut oil and comb my hair with my fingers.

Also, as soon as I wash / condition and rinse my hair (regular shampoo/condition days) I love putting the coconut oil on my wet hair and allowing it to air dry.

I use other oils too, such as Alma (Indian Hair oil) and I also use Nexxus Headress and I've even used Aveda Elixer (Leave in). They all keep my natural curls...natural loose and wavy. ;)

Hope this helps. ;)

OT: Ummmm.....Shimmie dear...ummmmm...when are you going to show a pic or 2????????????????? :D :D :cool: :cool: :cool:

i avoid gel at all costs! even before i BC'd i would only use the fantasia gel to smooth my curls back into a ponytail. now i make sure to moisturize a lot, deep condition weekly, and i use the garnier soft curl cream which gives my curls perfect definition, a nice sheen, and it keeps them VERY soft to the touch

I agree. Honey rinses work wonders. I think if she uses a good leave in like Elucence, Giovanni, or Pantene curls she'll be good to go. Oh, and a Denman brush will help reduce frizz and bring out curls.

Back