2nd BKT Softliss 6/27

Dove56

http://public.fotki.com/ravenwaves/

PW: nonono

I finally got home from out-of-town and my Soft-liss was waiting for me! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Softliss although I'm high from the fumes..lol. I used a fan and sat by the patio but I need a fume extractor. I am placing an order today for one since BKT is a staple now.

All I can say is WOW! I LOVE my hair!!!!!!! Global Keratin can't hold a candle to Soft-liss IMO. I'll be posting pics soon but I can't find my usb cable so I'll be heading to Wal-Mart to buy one.

I wash about 4 times with the Soft-liss clarifying shampoo.

I skipped the naked blowdry and put the treatment in my hair after I towel dried. I really roughed my hair up with the towel to make sure the treatment would "take".

I waited 15 minutes then blow dried my hair then I flatironed on 410-420 degrees with 3-4 passes.

I waited an hour then I rinsed with cool water and applied the conditioner/mask. I massaged it for 5 minutes like the instructions stated then I rinsed with cool water.

I blowdried again and my hair was soooo straight. In the pictures half of my hair is blowdried and the other half is flatironed and you can barely tell which one is which.

Last edited:
Your hair is... :lick:
Absolutely freaking gorgeous!!!!

:sigh: I'm transitioning... my mom found a salon that does the BKT near Detroit... here we go.. now I gotta make a daggone appointment...I was hoping my stylist would add this to her repertoire... but she seems to not want to be bothered with doing it since it takes so long...

http://public.fotki.com/ravenwaves/

PW: nonono

I finally got home from out-of-town and my Soft-liss was waiting for me! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Softliss although I'm high from the fumes..lol. I used a fan and sat by the patio but I need a fume extractor. I am placing an order today for one since BKT is a staple now.

All I can say is WOW! I LOVE my hair!!!!!!! Global Keratin can't hold a candle to Soft-liss IMO. I'll be posting pics soon but I can't find my usb cable so I'll be heading to Wal-Mart to buy one.

I wash about 4 times with the Soft-liss clarifying shampoo.

I skipped the naked blowdry and put the treatment in my hair after I towel dried. I really roughed my hair up with the towel to make sure the treatment would "take".

I waited 15 minutes then blow dried my hair then I flatironed on 410-420 degrees with 3-4 passes.

I waited an hour then I rinsed with cool water and applied the conditioner/mask. I massaged it for 5 minutes like the instructions stated then I rinsed with cool water.

I blowdried again and my hair was soooo straight. In the pictures half of my hair is blowdried and the other half is flatironed and you can barely tell which one is which.

I'm glad you told me about using the lower temperature. I think I'll try 410 degree temp when I do my treatment. It was it was so effective at getting your hair straight at that temp and I won't have to fear damage.

I might do the treatment toward the middle of the week. I just did a cellophane color which contains sodium chloride. I'm DCing right now so I'll be able to tell how much the color strips the BKT after I rinse since this is my first time coloring since the BKT.

Just to make sure I understand your pictures. The natural pictures are what your hair looks like after the second BKT but before it is flatironed or blown dry?

Veejee your hair is positively breathtaking! Gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for sharing, and now you KNOW I'm thinking about Softliss. I just wonder, as a curly girl, if my hair will have any wave or curl left? Or just go straight on me.... I know what I need. I need to see a natural 4a/b head that has a Softliss BKT with a wash n go! Anyone? LOL

Hey guys, so there is no confusion, Veejee shares her pics of her hair before she had any chemicals. But her BKT'd hair was first texlaxed, which she mentions in her pics, also. I'm hoping this is the only reason it comes out so straight. I'm thinking of trying the Softliss on myself and then I'll be be able to see. I mean, my curls will return after while so even if it goes uber straight on me, I'll be ok.

Veejee, you hair is SPECTACULAR! I love it both ways. I cannot wait to get my Soft-Liss (will order Friday, payday). I added your fotki to my file of favorites. I go to them to "stalk" for hair tips etc. With all of that hair, do you do your treatments yourself? I love your hair. :yep: BTW are so pretty. Good job. I am so jelly right now. :look:

Veejee, you hair is SPECTACULAR! I love it both ways. I cannot wait to get my Soft-Liss (will order Friday, payday). I added your fotki to my file of favorites. I go to them to "stalk" for hair tips etc. With all of that hair, do you do your treatments yourself? I love your hair. :yep: BTW are so pretty. Good job. I am so jelly right now. :look:
I ordered Thursday morning and got mine on Saturday! :spinning:

O.T. - BKT and semi-perm rinse:
I did a Cellophane color and it took like crazy, I'm a black red head :drunk:!
And it didn't really seem to strip my BKT that much even though it contains Sodium Chloride! It may be because I used a neutral protein filler before the Cellophane...I'm not sure. But it's shinny and the color is vibrant!! I know now that I can do a Cellophane without fear of stripping my BKT.

And it didn't really seem to strip my BKT that much even though it contains Sodium Chloride! It may be because I used a neutral protein filler before the Cellophane...I'm not sure. But it's shinny and the color is vibrant!! I know now that I can do a Cellophane without fear of stripping my BKT.

Hey AJJ, what brand of cellophane do you use? I want my hair a coppery/reddish/brown color. Just like Chili of TLC. I want to color, then BKT. Can you help a sista out? Both you and Veejee color. I want color too :yep:

The pictures of your BKT are beautiful along with your face and skin. You are absolutely GAWGEOUS!! :yep:...great job on the DIY tip!

You got great results! Your hair looks wonderful. This seems to be like a keeper for naturals.

Thank you! I put some pics of my natural hair in my Fotki but I tex-laxed before I put the BKT in my hair. I don't have any photos of my hair tex-laxed and curly so the natural photos serve as sort of a point of reference. :)

Wow. Your hair looks really nice! I love the shine it's blinging.
Thank you! :)

:sigh: I'm transitioning... my mom found a salon that does the BKT near Detroit... here we go.. now I gotta make a daggone appointment...I was hoping my stylist would add this to her repertoire... but she seems to not want to be bothered with doing it since it takes so long...

Thanks! :) I understand your stylist not wanting to do it because it does take forever.:drunk: The end result is worth it though, especially because you save so much time having to blowdry and flatiron. I can do both in 30 minutes!:yep:

OMG!!! awesome!

Thank you!

Wow! Veejee.... Your hair and your natural curl is amazing!!!

Thanks! I tex-laxed in 2007 because my natural hair started getting on my nerves!!!!!!!!!!:nono: I may go back natural one day, because when I was natural I swore up and down I'd NEVER do anything to straighten my hair and look at me now. :blush:

Gorgeous, Veejee.

The softliss is the BOMB!!! I'm still loving it!!!

Thank you! Your hair is gorgeous as well! Thanks for the Soft-liss review because I sure felt good ordering the product knowing that you had such great results.

Ok so I'm trying Softliss when I run out of my Qod Max. Looks amazing! Great job!

Thank you!! I really do love the Soft-liss better than Global Keratin the process was much more comfortable. :yep:

I'm glad you told me about using the lower temperature. I think I'll try 410 degree temp when I do my treatment. It was it was so effective at getting your hair straight at that temp and I won't have to fear damage.

I might do the treatment toward the middle of the week. I just did a cellophane color which contains sodium chloride. I'm DCing right now so I'll be able to tell how much the color strips the BKT after I rinse since this is my first time coloring since the BKT.

AtlantaJJ,

I am just to scared to go all the way up to 450 degrees:nono:. I'm telling you, I bought a flatiron from Sally's a few years ago and my hair literally hit the floor. I'd be a FOOL to try that again.:nono:

I used to own a Maxi-glide and I used that on the highest setting (428 degrees) without breakage and my Chi Ultra is 410 degrees. However when I get ready to flatiron after I BKT I can use my Babyliss on about 350-370 and still get very smooth results. :yep:

Just to make sure I understand your pictures. The natural pictures are what your hair looks like after the second BKT but before it is flatironed or blown dry?

Sorry for the confusion. I don't have any pictures of my hair tex-laxed and curly so I used so of my natural hair photos to give everyone a general idea of how curly/wavy my hair is naturally. My natural hair is more 3c than anything, with some 3b and 4a. After tex-laxing it was more 3a/b. My hair was tex-laxed for about 7-10 minutes 2 weeks ago before I did the BKT. :)

Veejee your hair is positively breathtaking! Gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for sharing, and now you KNOW I'm thinking about Softliss. I just wonder, as a curly girl, if my hair will have any wave or curl left? Or just go straight on me.... I know what I need. I need to see a natural 4a/b head that has a Softliss BKT with a wash n go! Anyone? LOL

Thank you!!! I'm curious to know how it will respond on natural hair as well Sheba. :yep: September 7th will be exactly 12 weeks from the last time I tex-laxed (June 14) so I should have a pretty good amount of new growth to process. I'll BKT again probably around the Sept 18-25. I'll be sure to take pictures so everyone can see the what's going on. I will not chemically treat my hair with color or tex-laxing next time. It'll be interesting..lol.

Hey guys, so there is no confusion, Veejee shares her pics of her hair before she had any chemicals. But her BKT'd hair was first texlaxed, which she mentions in her pics, also. I'm hoping this is the only reason it comes out so straight. I'm thinking of trying the Softliss on myself and then I'll be be able to see. I mean, my curls will return after while so even if it goes uber straight on me, I'll be ok.

Sheba, I think it only comes out that straight because of the chemicals. Back in 2007 my hair being tex-laxed was a mistake, I was trying to be relaxed! After 4, YES FOUR RELAXERS, LYE RELAXERS, my hair was STILL CURLY!!!!!!!!!! Now that was after 9 years of being natural (at one point I had highlights) If lye can't break my hair down and it breaks the bonds, I don't think Soft-liss will because the wave in my hair is VERY VERY resistant. I think it's even fire proof..lol.

Thank you so much! I did the treatment myself :yep: it took forever and I was high from the fumes, but it was worth it..lol! I can't wait to see your results, our wave patterns are very similar. :yep:

Oh MY Gosh!!!!!! Your hair looks beautiful.

I want to try this but I'm still trying to figure it all out.

Thank you! Keep researching until you are completely comfortable. I started to BKT back in 2007 when I was 100% natural right before I tex-laxed, but I chickened out and decided to wait a couple years to see if anyone's hair would fall out. I don't have any complaints or regrets thus far.

You lucky duck...lol!

Hey AJJ, what brand of cellophane do you use? I want my hair a coppery/reddish/brown color. Just like Chili of TLC. I want to color, then BKT. Can you help a sista out? Both you and Veejee color. I want color too :yep:

I was red black too, now I'm just black. I can't stay away from black for too long before I start missing my dark hair. :)

The pictures of your BKT are beautiful along with your face and skin. You are absolutely GAWGEOUS!! :yep:...great job on the DIY tip!

Thank you so much! I appreciate your kind words. :drunk: :)

Which salon did you find near Detroit that does it. I went to Harlet's in Southwest Detroit.

Veejee you bought the entire kit? Do you know the purpose of step 3: the mask?

Wanderland,

Yes, I bought the entire kit. I think the mask is like a little protein treatment. You don't have to use it, but I love how it makes my hair feel.:yep:

Back