2018 Curlyproverbz-inspired Regimen Challenge

Tonight I massaged my CP growth oil in my scalp, and moisturized with APB Moisturizing Hair Lotion and QB Amla & Olive Heavy Cream sealed with APB Hair and Body Butta - no oil on my strands tonight. I will do a Green House Effect wearing my BonBonCheveux satin lined plastic cap over it. This should be interesting :look:

What do you hope to gain from trialing a CurlyProverbz-based regimen?

I've been dabbling with ayurvedic hair products for about 7 years now. My hair always does really well with them, but I've never been consistent for more than a few months.

What products or mixes do you intend to use?

I had the herbs from my last cp growth oil infusion so I just added coconut oil to the jar and let it infuse in the oven for a few hours.

I have herbal henna tea and amla+neem tea in the freezer.

I also made some henna gloss bars using her recipe as a guide a couple months ago.

How frequently will you cleanse your hair?

I wash once a week.

How frequently will you apply your various products, mixes, etc?

Currently I henna gloss every other wash day.

I use a mix of henna tea amla+neem tea and aloe vera juice in my spray bottle.

I typically just use coconut oil to pre poo, but I'll also mix my infused oil with castor oil and massage my scalp.

How frequently will you trim or search and destroy?

I want to see how much my hair will grow by the end of the year, so no trims until then.

This morning I massaged the remainder of my 4 oz CP growth oil in my scalp and smoothed down the length of my hair for a few minutes, then I took the herbs left over from my CP tea rinse last week (I had it in the refrigerator).

I stretched it with some hot water, shook it up, jumped in the shower and poured the entire bottle of the liquid herbs onto my hair, making sure to saturate my scalp with the mixture. I left it on while I showered.

When I washed it out, I was expecting dry hair but on the contrary, it was super moisturized. I didn't even use a cowash to rinse it out - I didn't have to. I wonder if it was because I added the hibiscus and kalpi tone powders to my tea :scratchchin:.

Well needless to say, this is how I will be doing this moving forward.

I put 1 teaspoon each of aloe Vera powder, amla, brahmi, and rose petal powder into 3 tablespoons (1.5 oz.) of SM Manuka Honey masque.

By the time I applied it, it had been sitting for some hours. The powder sucked up the DC to result in a wet yet chalky paste. Spreadability was a 5 out of 10. I added distilled water. Application was still a little messy, with random bits of "mud" falling as I worked the mixture in. Next time I'll add a little oil or coconut milk or cream ir something.

You likely didn’t use enough conditioner. I used a tsp each of Neem, amla, brahmi and bringraj into 8 ounces of conditioner and got a slippy Conditioner.

Tonight I sprayed my CP Ayurveda tea rinse again but no moisturizer to chase, my hair is still very moisturized. Now that I'm thinking about it, I believe it's because I did a clay detox on Saturday past. My hair behaves unbelievably well after a clay detox treatment.

Good Evening Ladies.

Got home about an hour ago and decided to do a 10 minute scalp massage with CP Ayurveda Growth Oil, followed by 5 minutes of inversion. My hair still feels wonderfully soft so I probably won't moisturize it tonight but will save it for after I spritz with CP Ayurveda Tea Rinse. :yep:.

Made an Ayurvedic Herbal Cream to match my oil. It contains shea, mango & capuacu butter. Added in my Pre-made Ayurvedic oil which was made with Grapeseed, apricot, monoi coconut, safflower and rice bran oils infused for 2 weeks in henna, fenugreek, aloe vera powder, amla, bhringraj, Brahmi and rosemary herbs.

This latest infusion of particular oils has been my favorite thus far. And this matching cream was the icing on the cake. Putting this here for future reference for myself. LOL

Made an Ayurvedic Herbal Cream to match my oil. It contains shea, mango & capuacu butter. Added in my Pre-made Ayurvedic oil which was made with Grapeseed, apricot, monoi coconut, safflower and rice bran oils infused for 2 weeks in henna, fenugreek, aloe vera powder, amla, bhringraj, Brahmi and rosemary herbs.

This latest infusion of particular oils has been my favorite thus far. And this matching cream was the icing on the cake. Putting this here for future reference for myself. LOL
Is this Lulu?, Did you change your screen name?

Last edited:

Oh by the way, nice combination and thanks for the ayurvedic herbal cream idea.

I just read Henna Sooq's free PDF guide about henna.

I'm so hoping that consistent henna use effectively eliminates split ends for me, as it is has for the guide's author.

I'm not sure how frequently to do a henna treatment. I wonder if a once-a-week, midweek treatment would be too much.

Potential initial henna treatment method, to begin:
  1. Mix 175 grams of henna (based on my hair's length) with 2 tsps of sugar (for smoothness, according to the guide)
  2. Mix with fenugreek-infused water containing a squirt of lemon juice
  3. Add 5 drops of CurlyProverbz DIY Ayurvedic Hair Growth Oil
  4. Let sit for 3-4 hours
  5. Apply wearing gloves and let sit on hair for 3-4 hours minimally (up to overnight if desired)
  6. Rinse, shampoo, and condition
  7. Style

Last edited:

I'm so hoping that consistent henna use effectively eliminates split ends for me, as it is has for the guide's author.

I'm not sure how frequently to do a henna treatment. I wonder if a once-a-week, midweek treatment would be too much.

1. Mix 175 grams of henna (based on my hair's length) with 2 tsps of sugar (for smoothness, according to the guide)
  4. Let sit for 3-4 hours
  5. Apply wearing gloves and let sit on hair for 3-4 hours minimally (up to overnight if desired)
  7. Style
Nice mixture you got there @YvetteWithJoy. I especially like the fenugreek infused water addition. What a novel idea. Let us know how it works out for you okay?

This morning, so far I have on CP growth oil on my scalp and hair as a prepoo.

I have some leftover henna in a double boil warming up to apply after prepooing for about 30 minutes.

I will stretch the henna with some kalpi tone and amla powders and mix in some Nexxus Polymedic Emergency Reconstructor because my hair feels like it needs some strength.

Moisturizing today with APB Moisturizing Hair Lotion.

Plaiting my hair up and wigging for the day.

4. Let sit for 3-4 hours
  7. Style

I think you should wait a few days before shampooing. Just rinse and/or cowash, then condition.

4. Let sit for 3-4 hours
  7. Style
I once did henna treatments weekly for a month. The cumulative benefits were great but the rinse out process will take you through it! Fenugreek does provide slip but maybe consider adding more oil to the mix or even try using coconut milk. Even though these options may result in less dye uptake, the mix will be easier to rinse out and your hair won't feel as dry afterwards.

I once did henna treatments weekly for a month. The cumulative benefits were great but the rinse out process will take you through it! Fenugreek does provide slip but maybe consider adding more oil to the mix or even try using coconut milk. Even though these options may result in less dye uptake, the mix will be easier to rinse out and your hair won't feel as dry afterwards.

Many thanks!

I found a bottle of CP growth oil I infused using olive oil. At first I couldn't remember why I stopped using it. About 20 minutes after application I remembered! I got a little happy with the essential oils and msm with this blend. Afterwards, I added some castor oil to weaken it a bit and the result has left my scalp stimulated but not irritated. I'll use this oil for scalp massages until it's gone and then use the coconut one.

I just applied and massaged my CP Ayurveda Growth Oil for 5 minutes, moisturized my ends with APB Moisturizing Hair Lotion and Inverted for 5.5 minutes.

Day 4 of my Inversion for the month of November is complete.

I just applied and massaged my CP Ayurveda Growth Oil for 5 minutes, moisturized my ends with APB Moisturizing Hair Lotion and Inverted for 5 minutes.

Day 5 of my Inversion for the month of November is complete.

This is what I want to do as I need a nice whipped cream.

I'm so excited for this!
I now have:

DIY amla & brahmi oil
Dulhan body art quality henna
Neem powder
Hesh Amla powder
Hesh Shikakai powder
Hesh Brahmi powder
Hesh Rose powder
Hesh Heenara powder
Hesh Kapoor Kachli powder
Swad rose water
Dabur Vatika Oil
Mahabringaraj oil
Sesa Ayurvedic oil
Parachute Ayurvedic Hair Oil
Hairveda Shkakai Oil
Hairveda Vatika Frosting
Fenugreek seeds

I'm going to continue adding powders to my DCs, and maybe some oils.
Looking into some tea rinse recipes.
Using the oils for sealing, scalp massages/inversion, prepoos and oil rinsing.
What else can I do?

Back