2018 Curlyproverbz-inspired Regimen Challenge

Let me know how it goes. I think the left over batch I have with be added to my henna gloss. I'm hoping that will mitigate any left over husks populating my curls.

Okay, so the fenugreek smoothie is a no. :nono:

There are particles in my hair, and I had to leave for work. That's too much work: Making the smoothie, getting the consistency right, and then washing and washing and washing to remove the particles.

My hair FEELS great, is more defined then EVER (and all I have in my hair, after washing out the fenugreek smoothie, is CP oil). But I can't.

Back to the drawing board regarding my choice of prepoo. :scratchchin: I'm trying SO hard to cut down on products. I'm already probably gonna cave and buy SM's manuka masque as my DC. I don't want to buy that hipo masque in addition. Sigh. Soultanicals detanglers are great, but at $16/bottle plus shipping when a DC will do, it feels like a waste.

I think I'm going to go with the Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion because of the slip, and add ayurvedic powders in like Saludable mentioned.

Yeah, I'll try that next and report back. :yep:

Okay, so the fenugreek smoothie is a no. :nono:

There are particles in my hair, and I had to leave for work. That's too much work: Making the smoothie, getting the consistency right, and then washing and washing and washing to remove the particles.

My hair FEELS great, is more defined then EVER (and all I have in my hair, after washing out the fenugreek smoothie, is CP oil). But I can't.

Back to the drawing board regarding my choice of prepoo. :scratchchin: I'm trying SO hard to cut down on products. I'm already probably gonna cave and buy SM's manuka masque as my DC. I don't want to buy that hipo masque in addition. Sigh. Soultanicals detanglers are great, but at $16/bottle plus shipping when a DC will do, it feels like a waste.

I think I'm going to go with the Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion because of the slip, and add ayurvedic powders in like Saludable mentioned.

Yeah, I'll try that next and report back. :yep:

Yeah... particles doesn’t bother me because I wear buns most of the time. I did manage to cut left over particles way down once but I can’t remember what I did. I think soaking for a long time and rinsing really well helped.

I used my CP growth oil to prepoo my hair and scalp before washing my hair tonight. It felt dirty and I just had to clean it.

This morning I sprayed my hair with the tea rinse before heading to work. It made my hair look a little brownish but not in a bad way, especially after I added my moisturizer and hair gel.

I added some essential oils of peppermint, rosemary and tea tree oil to my tea rinse and my scalp is so so happy. It is tingling in a really nice way this morning :happydance:.

Last edited:
I am still waiting to get all the ingredients for this. I will get it about a month from the order, ridiculous transit from mail forwarding company.
In the meantime I have been using bath infused with henna and hibiscus petals. A mix of apricot oil, coconut oil and essential oil jasmine and peppermint oil.
I am also using the new surge, its only been three weeks.
I also read about heavy oiling on another forum, so I am in a few plaits, sprayed with netwurk, apply oil on my scalp and hair, use a little leave in then clingfilm to keep it from soiling my hijab. Just started this today. I will see how much progress I get from this.

I'm down to join this! I still have to figure how to incorporate this more into my regimen. So far, I've started adding Ayurvedic powders into my deep conditioners and I love the results. I also have my DIY amla/brahmi oil that I use for oil rinsing and on my scalp. I'll try to have my regimen figured out by Nov. 1.

How are you ladies preparing the tea rinse? I bought the tea from Belle Bar, do you just put it in a cup and pour hot water over it or do you do something different? Also got the Cassia gloss and will be adding to my conditioner. Not sure if I want to do as a pre-poo or after washing? How do you ladies gloss?

By the way I know some complained about shipping times from BB but I had no issues received a thank you note and several follow up emails. From order to receipt it was maybe 4 days and the customer service was awesome.

How are you ladies preparing the tea rinse? I bought the tea from Belle Bar, do you just put it in a cup and pour hot water over it or do you do something different? Also got the Cassia gloss and will be adding to my conditioner. Not sure if I want to do as a pre-poo or after washing? How do you ladies gloss?

By the way I know some complained about shipping times from BB but I had no issues received a thank you note and several follow up emails. From order to receipt it was maybe 4 days and the customer service was awesome.
Check out Curly Proverbz video on her tea rinse here

@Daina
Curly Proverbz have quite a few other videos that I believe will be helpful in your ayurveda journey. Take some time and watch as many as you can. You won't regret it.

Also, halfway down the page at this link, she explains how to use the PURCHASED tea (I'm not sure if it differs from the DIY method/version):

https://bellebarorganic.com/pages/directions

So I’ve decided to augment my regimen with some auryvedic practices. This week I’m using the 4 ingredient growth oil. Next week I will add the tea spray using green tea. In December I will attempt a henna/cassia/ alma type gloss. I will continue to protective style and add castor oil to my ends.

I put 1 teaspoon each of aloe Vera powder, amla, brahmi, and rose petal powder into 3 tablespoons (1.5 oz.) of SM Manuka Honey masque.

By the time I applied it, it had been sitting for some hours. The powder sucked up the DC to result in a wet yet chalky paste. Spreadability was a 5 out of 10. I added distilled water. Application was still a little messy, with random bits of "mud" falling as I worked the mixture in. Next time I'll add a little oil or coconut milk or cream ir something.

Today I pre-poo'd with the CP growth oil and Komaza Pona for 45 minutes. I cleansed and then made a cassia gloss with the BB cassia powder. I added two generous tbsps to my Wen 613 conditioner, 2 tbsp of organic honey, 2 tbsp of jojoba oil and finally 1 tbsp of wheat germ oil. Blended all the ingredients and it was thick but a very pliable blend and I smoothed it into my hair with ease. Currently under two caps, plastic bag and a thermal heat cap for 90 minutes. Will report back how my hair feels and the ease of rinsing shortly. I will be brewing a bag of the tea rinse later this evening. Also making a new batch of growth oil with MSM, fenugreek seeds, Vit C, JBCO, EVOO, CO, jojoba oil. This mix is currently infusing on a candle warmer. Will let it infuse till the weekend.

My hair felt really strong after rinsing out the DC, AV powder, amla, brahmi, rose petal powder mix.

HOWEVER, I didn't like what mixing those proportions of powders to DC did to the consistency of the mixture. SO, next time I'm going to try CurlyProverbz's method of applying the HAIR TEA, letting it sit for 5 minutes, then applying DC. :yep: Smart method. :smile:

I am REALLY enjoying my CurlyProverbz/ayurvedic journey so far (barring that crazy fenugreek smoothie fail :smile:).

My hair felt really strong after rinsing out the DC, AV powder, amla, brahmi, rose petal powder mix.

HOWEVER, I didn't like what mixing those proportions of powders to DC did to the consistency of the mixture. SO, next time I'm going to try CurlyProverbz's method of applying the HAIR TEA, letting it sit for 5 minutes, then applying DC. :yep: Smart method. :smile:

I am REALLY enjoying my CurlyProverbz/ayurvedic journey so far (barring that crazy fenugreek smoothie fail :smile:).
Hmm @YvetteWithJoy

Do you ever henna your hair? If you don't, I can see why you wouldn't like the above consistency. I love it. It doesn't bother me at all. Clays are even messier I think but I love those too. The results are what I desire and love more than I hate the messiness of their application.

Hmm @YvetteWithJoy

Do you ever henna your hair? If you don't, I can see why you wouldn't like the above consistency. I love it. It doesn't bother me at all. Clays are even messier I think but I love those too. The results are what I desire and love more than I hate the messiness of their application.

Hi, @Aggie. I did a henna application once. The mess got me, :lol:. I'm going to try a henna gloss and see how that fairs fares. I plan to use Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion as my conditioner for the gloss. I can't see that chalking up too badly, if it all.

Last edited:
In this NappyHeaded Jojoba video, she discusses ayurvedic ingredients and products.

She says she want use hesh anymore since that time that report came out about rat poop being found it. There was a recall, I guess. The report/recall was years ago, I believe. This video was published on October 26, 2017.

1. What do you hope to gain from trialing a CurlyProverbz-based regimen?
longer, stronger, shinier healthier hair. more poppin' curls
  1. What products or mixes do you intend to use?
I think my hair really benefits from oil and henna. I want to start using some pre-made commercial products so I can get my routine down before I start experimenting too much.
  • Monthly Henna Mask (tried & true): Nupur Henna + Coconut Milk + Honey (would love to experiment with hibiscus and rose and aloe vera powder one day soon)
  • pre-poo: naptural85 aloe vera + oil
  • cleanse
  • deep condition: currently using SM manuka mask (love how my hair feels upon rinsing) but looking for something more or maybe, can you add powders directly to conditioner you use regularly?
  • Ayurvedic Tea Spritz : thinking of using a pre-made hibiscus tea from the store?
  • Creamy ayurvedic leave in: qb burdock root cream but thinking of trying keravada creme brulee
  • Oil: Has anyone had any experiences with KeraVeda? I was thinking of using their superego oil, it's chocked full of some great ayurvedic ingredients.
  1. How frequently will you cleanse your hair? How frequently will you apply your various products, mixes, etc?
wash once a week (looking for a good, more natural cleanser)
LOC method to moisturize + seal + twist. repeat LOC method halfway through the week to moisturize + seal + twist.
  1. How frequently will you trim or search and destroy?
once every season (x4 year)
  1. Anything else you'd like to share?
I've been doing henna masks for some time now, off and on and my hair is always better when I'm doing them consistently. In general I'm trying to switch to a more natural, healthier lifestyle and beauty routine. I recently had a set back and suffering from heat damage (NEVER going to the dominicans again *promise*) and started to incorporate scalp massages based on curlyproverb channel and have already noticed increased growth and thickness. I can only imagine what a real routine could do. I am excited to move into the stage of my hair journey. really trying to KEEP IT SIMPLE and narrow down my staples.

I have considered purchasing CurlyProverb products but the oil and tea seem to have a fairly simple list of ingredients and would def DIY if I could get consistent mixes that last more than a week.

Photo attached for current starting point: as you can see my hair is def starting to come in thicker just need to make sure I keep it moisturized (which I hope will happen if I stop being lazy and actually moisturize + seal x2 week) and the slight tint from previous henna treatments. Hair is almost always in a twist-out (but no like seriously, I live in twist-outs)

Attachments

• IMG_20171008_171415_382.jpg
    IMG_20171008_171415_382.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 49
Today I pre-poo'd with the CP growth oil and Komaza Pona for 45 minutes. I cleansed and then made a cassia gloss with the BB cassia powder. I added two generous tbsps to my Wen 613 conditioner, 2 tbsp of organic honey, 2 tbsp of jojoba oil and finally 1 tbsp of wheat germ oil. Blended all the ingredients and it was thick but a very pliable blend and I smoothed it into my hair with ease. Currently under two caps, plastic bag and a thermal heat cap for 90 minutes. Will report back how my hair feels and the ease of rinsing shortly. I will be brewing a bag of the tea rinse later this evening. Also making a new batch of growth oil with MSM, fenugreek seeds, Vit C, JBCO, EVOO, CO, jojoba oil. This mix is currently infusing on a candle warmer. Will let it infuse till the weekend.

Good gracious my hair was so soft, strong and shiny! It also felt moisturized. I am still doing a moisture DC right now with Carol's Daughter black vanilla smoothie. I will rinse and then LOC with either Qhemet Biologics products or Oyin. I really like the Oyin curly whipped pudding. I will airdry tonight and then tomorrow I will bun for the week.

Good gracious my hair was so soft, strong and shiny! It also felt moisturized. I am still doing a moisture DC right now with Carol's Daughter black vanilla smoothie. I will rinse and then LOC with either Qhemet Biologics products or Oyin. I really like the Oyin curly whipped pudding. I will airdry tonight and then tomorrow I will bun for the week.
Thanks for the update @Daina. Sounds like this ended up being a HIT for your hair :yep:.

Back