2018 Curlyproverbz-inspired Regimen Challenge

Rhassoul Clay is bae :love3: Will be using this 2x a month. So I think I have my regimen on lock. I'm slowly working in new things which helps me to really listen to my hair. So my main cleansing products will be as follows:

1st week - Keracare 1st lather/NuEnz Organic Shampoo
2nd week - Cowash w/ As I am Coconut Cowash conditioner
3rd & 4th week - Rhassoul Clay wash

Sticking to this for 2018
I love clay so much both rhassoul and sodium bentonite that I have to force myself to switch it up sometimes. I bought SM JBCO shampoo the has ACV but clay is Bae as you say:love5::laugh:

Still applying tea and CP olive oil nightly as well as using the tea spritz as needed. When I make tea, I brew a large batch, pour it into ice trays and freeze. I pull out a week's worth (two or three cubes) for my scalp applications and keep it refrigerated.

My spritz is a mixture of tea and greg juice. Greg juice already has GSE and citric acid, but I'll start trialing preservatives since I want to transition to a fully diy spritz once I use it all.

For those who use shampoo bars and soaps, have you found any that are relatively color safe? I loved the way shampoo bars and soaps made my hair feel, but they often leached the henna from my hair.

I found this video
Debating on trying the gloss bars but I’m definitely going to try to make shampoo bars. DH likes bar soap anyway so it’s worth a try. I watched a few videos but I found a Black girl and will follow hers. It’s very low lather.
Give me the link @Saludable84 to the girl's video you are referring to please.

I don't know which did it but my hair was super soft after washing out that ayurveda powder gloss. Something I was not expecting by the way especially since I gave myself a hard core Dudley's DRC 28 protein treatment today. I am so happy with the results.

For those of you trying to find candle warmers to steep your oils, look for the warmers advertised as wax melt warmers and not candle warmers. I have around 10 but I melt wax instead of burning candles and have them throughout my house.

Especially keep an eye out for the ones with a wide mouth removable lid. They should come in 24-25 wattage. Glade makes nice ones. Mainstay (Walmart brand) makes a really hot one but the lid is kinda small.

You can find these at any major retailer....Walmart, Target etc

For those of you trying to find candle warmers to steep your oils, look for the warmers advertised as wax melt warmers and not candle warmers. I have around 10 but I melt wax instead of burning candles and have them throughout my house.

Especially keep an eye out for the ones with a wide mouth removable lid. They should come in 24-25 wattage. Glade makes nice ones. Mainstay (Walmart brand) makes a really hot one but the lid is kinda small.

You can find these at any major retailer....Walmart, Target etc

Helpful! Thanks. This will be great.

Here is my shampoo bar curing rack. The ones with the sticky notes are my testers. I weigh them each week so I'll know when the bars are finished curing.

IMAG1244-1140x2016.jpg

IMAG1248-1140x2016.jpg

Cupcake holders make a nice sized bar if you just want to use something you may already have laying around for molds.

IMAG1247-1140x2016.jpg

I've also been playing around with how to package and store them.

IMAG1240-2016x1140.jpg

Parchment paper or gift wrapping tissue paper with decorative tape are good options.

How do you use the Rhassoul clay?

I use it to wash my hair. I used YouTube FusionofCultures recipe. 1/2 cup of Rhassoul Clay 1 cup of Aloe Vera juice 1/2 cup of purified water 3/4 drops of Rosemary & tea tree oil. Shake bottle. My hair was so clean, soft like a cloud and so moisturized!!

I know it cleans well because I had a lot of Shea butter and oil from my prepoo in my hair and none of that was left on my hair.

I use it to wash my hair. I used YouTube FusionofCultures recipe. 1/2 cup of Rhassoul Clay 1 cup of Aloe Vera juice 1/2 cup of purified water 3/4 drops of Rosemary & tea tree oil. Shake bottle. My hair was so clean, soft like a cloud and so moisturized!!

I know it cleans well because I had a lot of Shea butter and oil from my prepoo in my hair and none of that was left on my hair.

OMG, so much to try. Thanks for sharing.

This is my recipe for any clay I use, plus a little acv to help it mix smoother.

Eta, and I forgot, a dash of glycerin :yep: Again, it helps with the consistency and probably the moisture.

Last edited:
Here is my shampoo bar curing rack. The ones with the sticky notes are my testers. I weigh them each week so I'll know when the bars are finished curing.

View attachment 418203

View attachment 418207

Cupcake holders make a nice sized bar if you just want to use something you may already have laying around for molds.

View attachment 418201

I've also been playing around with how to package and store them.

View attachment 418205

Parchment paper or gift wrapping tissue paper with decorative tape are good options.
Are you selling these once you’ve figured out the right formula??? I would buy. I want to try bars but the time to make them is just not there.

I FINALLY rec’d an email from belle bar saying my Black Friday order is on its way!!

I’ve been wearing my hair straightened so can’t do much besides use my ayervedic oil on my scalp and strands a few times a week.

Side note: i know heat is the devil but it really lays down my cuticles and traps in the moisture leaving my high porosity strands smooth, moisturized, and shiny for weeks. I only wash bc my scalp eventually gets gross.

Are you selling these once you’ve figured out the right formula??? I would buy. I want to try bars but the time to make them is just not there.

I'm undecided at the moment about selling them, but I'm open to the idea.

I will PM you once they are finished with the testing phase and I'd be happy to gift you one of each. I made way more than I could use alone. LOL

Detangler.

The longer my hair gets, the more I use per full wash day.

I finally understand why people have been saying use a "cheapie" RO.

I think I'm going to try Trader Joes Tea Tree conditioner as my detangler. I'll probably buy a few bottles so I can play around with it a bit, seeing if I can make it super smoothing/slippery by adding a little ACV and/or okra slime or something.

No more $16+shipping bottles of detangler. No more using of $22 RO conditioners, either.

I use cheap rinse conditioner as well to detangle. I have never tried a decided detangler

Back