2017 Oil Grease Butter Creme Lotion Pomade Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to @nysister for recommending the Olde Jamaica Black Castor pomade. I have been using it and I like the dye that is in it because it makes my hair look darker. I looked at the ingredients and saw that it has beeswax in it. I used beeswax years ago and man, that stuff attracts dirt like no other. My hair would begin to stink after 3 days or so. With this in mind, I will just be shampooing every night with a very gentle cleansing shampoo bar. I'm trying to get out of the twa phase so I will be using the pomade everyday and shampooing at night everyday until Spring.

I'm glad that it's been helpful. It is pretty thick, I find myself doing more detangling but I've found it to be a helpful tool in the hair arsenal. :)

I'm glad that it's been helpful. It is pretty thick, I find myself doing more detangling but I've found it to be a helpful tool in the hair arsenal. :)

Yes, my hair loves thick pomades and thick leave ins. It weighs other people's hair down but my hair just drinks it up. I will be using it everyday until the Spring, then I will switch to a lighter pomade because of the heat and humidity here.

Was too tired to shampoo my hair last night so I did it this morning. Then applied Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave in and Olde Jamaica Black Castor pomade. Knot Today is too lightweight for my hair so I am really just trying to use it up, but I know I won't be able to use it up before the cold weather sets in so I will use the remainder of it starting in the spring of next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back