2017 Oil Grease Butter Creme Lotion Pomade Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I irritated my scalp something terrible by using a petroleum based product a couple of days ago. Friday night I mixed helichrysum, tamanu, neem and sea buckthorn and massaged mixture into wet hair and scalp. Baggy overnight and then shampooed with a herbal shampoo and added neem oil. After ACV rinse, massaged previous oils plus frankincense into scalp. Mixed Moroccan Argan oil and avocado oil with conditioner. My 16 weeks of new growth (transitioning) was butter soft! Used Komaza Vitamin Reign as leave in conditioner followed by jojoba hemp butter. Scalp feels so much better.

So, I irritated my scalp something terrible by using a petroleum based product a couple of days ago. Friday night I mixed helichrysum, tamanu, neem and sea buckthorn and massaged mixture into wet hair and scalp. Baggy overnight and then shampooed with a herbal shampoo and added neem oil. After ACV rinse, massaged previous oils plus frankincense into scalp. Mixed Moroccan Argan oil and avocado oil with conditioner. My 16 weeks of new growth (transitioning) was butter soft! Used Komaza Vitamin Reign as leave in conditioner followed by jojoba hemp butter. Scalp feels so much better.
You reminded me of the time I used Dax on my hair. I got a severe allergic reaction all over my body (pruritus and hives). The strange thing is that I used to use it when I was a child. Maybe the formulation was changed over the years. I had to throw the jar in the bin and it took quite some time for my body to settle down.

You reminded me of the time I used Dax on my hair. I got a severe allergic reaction all over my body (pruritus and hives). The strange thing is that I used to use it when I was a child. Maybe the formulation was changed over the years. I had to throw the jar in the bin and it took quite some time for my body to settle down.

That sounds like a horrible reaction. It's amazing, the older I get, the more finicky my body gets.

As I wrote in another thread, using regular conditioner, in my case Hello Hydration, worked well on my relaxed hair but is horrible on my natural hair. Hello Hydration conditioner is so thick and creamy that it really made my relaxed hair stronger but it makes my natural hair hard and rough after it dries. I am just going to try an actual leave-in in liquid form and seal with a pomade.

Used a few drops of a Raspberry/Mocha Oil I got on a Swap. Smells really good, but can't see who it's by though.

I have a few more (all different scents) I will look on another bottle.

They are 1 ounce bottles -the name of the vendor may be on one of the other bottles?

Put a couple drops of Avocado Oil in my Henna Mix.

Will probably do a HOT with EV OO (under Dryer or under my Heat Cap)

And will also heavy-seal sometime today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back