2017 Delightfully Delicious Deep Conditioning Challenge

I washed my hair which really needed a good washing. Then I sectioned my hair and and used Africa's Best Hair Mayonnaise. Put on my conditioing wrap for an hour and slept in the conditioner overnight. I 'm going to wash out my hair soon and then put in the last drops of Aussie Hair Moisture Deep conditioner.

This morning I:

Prepooed/Cowashed with Jakeala Flax Mallow Conditioner
Shampooed with Redken Magnetics Color Extend Shampoo
Oil rinsed with Meadow Foam Oil and AVJ mix

Protein Deep Conditioned with APB Bamboo and Algae Deep Conditioner for 30 minutes - this conditioner has no slip but I can definitely feel that it's strengthening for sure. It's probably not a repurchase conditioner since I love :love: love the APB Not Easily Broken DC better because of the slip.

Moisture Deep Conditioned with NG Mango and Coconut deep Conditioner for 30 minutes
Leave-in with APB Creamy Hair Pudding

I will be moisturizing my hair later with Bel Nouvo Coco Castor Pudding sealed with Bask & Bloom Silky Aloe Hair Pudding

@Smiley79, I love your information and format, so, I have completely stolen it! I hope you don't mind.

@Jade Feria, I would like to join, please!

1. What product(s) will you use?
  • Homemade greasy conditioner (made with a base of coconut milk and peanut oil)
  • Plus a cheap grocery store conditioner (Nectar of Beauty) for added slip over the coconut greasy conditioner
  • Aphogee 2 step protein every 8 weeks
2. How long do you DC for?
I deep condition from 15 to 30 minutes , after washing my hair. I am very heavy handed with my product and use about a cup of stuff on my hair. My hair is wiry and coarse and I have ends like Brillo Pads.

3. How often do you DC?

I DC every week after my shampoo.

4. What method of DC did you use (cap, steamer, etc)
I use a soft bonnet dryer by Gold N Hot. First, I apply my conditioner to my hair in sections, then I braid my hair into about two sections. I soak a rag with water and put it in the microwave and place that around my head. Then I place aluminum foil over the steaming rag, then I put a cheap plastic cap over it and then my shower cap made of aluminum (heating) cap that I bought from the beauty supply store. Lastly, I put on the soft bonnet and sit under the dryer for 15 to 30 minutes on medium heat.

I kept seeing people wrapping aluminum foil on hair when tinting it or coloring it. I also have seen many women place lace frontals they are dyeing on top of aluminum foil. They all say it holds in heat and speeds up the reaction. For food, it heats up food but keeps it moist, right? So, I figured aluminum foil will keep my hair juicy and moist.

5. Most importantly – How did your hair respond?
My hair is less tangled and the wiry, short hairs are not as unruly. My hair is less like a Brillo Pad as well. My hair is darker and shinier.

This morning I:

Prepooed/Cowashed with Jakeala Flax Mallow Conditioner
Shampooed with Redken Magnetics Color Extend Shampoo
Oil rinsed with Meadow Foam Oil and AVJ mix

Protein Deep Conditioned with APB Bamboo and Algae Deep Conditioner for 30 minutes - this conditioner has no slip but I can definitely feel that it's strengthening for sure. It's probably not a repurchase conditioner since I love :love: love the APB Not Easily Broken DC better because of the slip.

Moisture Deep Conditioned with NG Mango and Coconut deep Conditioner for 30 minutes
Leave-in with APB Creamy Hair Pudding

I will be moisturizing my hair later with Bel Nouvo Coco Castor Pudding sealed with Bask & Bloom Silky Aloe Hair Pudding
Ooh, how did you like the Jakeala Conditioner?

Meh! It did not wow me because it did not have the slip I was expecting. It did however cleanse my hair well. I did not use it as a deep conditioner but as a cleansing conditioner - it doubles as both.
Ok see, I have high standards for slip lol. I have this from my BF purchases & I plan on using it as a DC - hopefully some heat will activate more slip :lol:

@Smiley79, I love your information and format, so, I have completely stolen it! I hope you don't mind.

@Jade Feria, I would like to join, please!

1. What product(s) will you use?
  • Homemade greasy conditioner (made with a base of coconut milk and peanut oil)
  • Plus a cheap grocery store conditioner (Nectar of Beauty) for added slip over the coconut greasy conditioner
  • Aphogee 2 step protein every 8 weeks
2. How long do you DC for?
I deep condition from 15 to 30 minutes , after washing my hair. I am very heavy handed with my product and use about a cup of stuff on my hair. My hair is wiry and coarse and I have ends like Brillo Pads.

3. How often do you DC?

I DC every week after my shampoo.

4. What method of DC did you use (cap, steamer, etc)
I use a soft bonnet dryer by Gold N Hot. First, I apply my conditioner to my hair in sections, then I braid my hair into about two sections. I soak a rag with water and put it in the microwave and place that around my head. Then I place aluminum foil over the steaming rag, then I put a cheap plastic cap over it and then my shower cap made of aluminum (heating) cap that I bought from the beauty supply store. Lastly, I put on the soft bonnet and sit under the dryer for 15 to 30 minutes on medium heat.

I kept seeing people wrapping aluminum foil on hair when tinting it or coloring it. I also have seen many women place lace frontals they are dyeing on top of aluminum foil. They all say it holds in heat and speeds up the reaction. For food, it heats up food but keeps it moist, right? So, I figured aluminum foil will keep my hair juicy and moist.

5. Most importantly – How did your hair respond?
My hair is less tangled and the wiry, short hairs are not as unruly. My hair is less like a Brillo Pad as well. My hair is darker and shinier.

Not at all girlie!!!!:)

I'm definitely in. I regularly DC and cleanse with clay. I don't use conditioner with every wash.

For 2017, I want to consistently DC at least once a week. Some other conditioners I'll use; MillCreek Botanicals Jojoba, Aubrey Organics White Camillia, Mielle Organics Babassu Oil & Mint, Soultanicals Afrotastic Curl Elastic, APB Pumpkin Seed Mask, APB Ultra Conditioning Soufflé.

The APB will be new to me. I'm hoping my hair enjoys them. I'm on the lookout for a moisture DC to replace my beloved AOWC. If the ingredients are right, G-dwilling I'll be experimenting a little in 2017.

I'm the same way! If I don't feel slip upon application, I will give that product a quick side eye.

Yes, me too, lolll. But I have a few "wait for it" faves that made me change my mind. The SM Manuka Honey Masque is one of them. The slip is not instant, but it comes through eventually; in the past I remember Silicone Mix and Silk Dreams Vanilla conditioner as being instant slippies for me.

Which DC give you all instant slip?

Yes, me too, lolll. But I have a few "wait for it" faves that made me change my mind. The SM Manuka Honey Masque is one of them. The slip is not instant, but it comes through eventually; in the past I remember Silicone Mix and Silk Dreams Vanilla conditioner as being instant slippies for me.

Which DC give you all instant slip?
Mielle Organics Babassu DC, Naturelle Grow Slippery Elm & Marshmallow DC, APB UCS, and Moroccanoil Intense Hydrating Mask have all given me instant slip

Has anyone here tried this conditioner (or any of the Hask masks for that matter)? I've tried the argan oil packette which seems to be the most popular. I didn't really care for it. It reminded me of ORS conditioner but I'm willing to give this formula a shot.

Water / Eau (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Quaternium-18, Lanolin, Macadamia Ternifolia (Macadamia Nut) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Silk Amino Acids, Juglans Nigra (Black Walnut) Leaf Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Panthenol, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Dmdm Hydantoin, Caramel, Yellow 5, Green 5, Fragrance / Parfum (Fragancia).

Once I knock some of these DCs that I have I my stash out I will switch over to APB. No one has said anything negative about the UCS, so I know I won't be the first. I love supporting black businesses and why not with my hair. I already have a shopping cart filled with DCs from her, just gotta pay but I would love a sale since it will be my first time.

I did an impromptu prepoo with Fluidaliste conditioner (I grabbed the wrong sample). Then I washed with the shampoo from the same line. Now I'm doing a 45 minute dc with Maskeratine. These are all products from the Kerastase discipline line for frizz control.

Back