2017 Delightfully Delicious Deep Conditioning Challenge

Prepooed with a mixture of Amla and Vatika oil. My hair was oily but soft and lovely. Now deep conditioning with my homemade eggs, mayo, and olive oil mixture. Did I mention I forgot to refrigerate my mixture :look: I truly hope my hair does not smell after I wash this out.

Now deep conditioning with Aussie Moist deep conditioner with my hair in a bun. Castor oil rubbed on my edges and nape.

Tonight I am Prepooing with 22nd Century deep Conditioner (protein-free version). I will also be inverting (my 6th night for the week) for 4 minutes.

Tomorrow I will be:

Shampooing with Bask & Bloom Gentle Herbal Cleanser
Deep Conditioning with Bekura Vanilla Whiskey followed by Bask & Bloom Brahmi Root Hair Mask
Leave-in - Infusium 23 and NG Sweet Plantain Combo
Moisturizing later with Bekura Palm Tapioca sealed with Jakeala Hair Parfait. I think I prefer a balm or pomade for sealing my hair with from now on or maybe some shealoe butter.
Protective Style - wearing a few celies under my wig for the week.

Hey Aggie, was the Bekura Whiskey worth the price? Do you like it or love it?

Hey Aggie, was the Bekura Whiskey worth the price? Do you like it or love it?
I actually love it. It really does strengthen the hair and leave it very moisturized at the same time. I wouldn't need to use a moisturizing DC to follow it up, but out of habit, I moisture DC after a protein treatment anyway.

It is so thick that you will only need a little of it because it really does go a lonnnng way. It will last a while for me for sure. I've used my 9 oz jar twice and I'm still not even halfway through the jar. I already added it back to my Bekura wish list.

I'm on a DC kick. Probably just because I'm at home. My hair will miss the luxurious life whne I go back to work. Smh.
I remember having awesome results with SouthernTease's dc method. She applied like a relaxer,got under the dryer, and reapplied at the crown halfway through her dc process.
I am going to buy a tabletop dryer this week. Haven't had one in like 2 or 3 years. Going back to proven hair basics that gave my hair noticeable progress.

Tonight I hope to use the left over henna treatment I have in the fridge. I added just small amount of dry henna to it to make sure it's enough for all my roots.

I have it warming up in a hot cabby for about 90 minutes and will be sleeping with it on my hair overnight. I want to cut some of my hair treatment day tomorrow in half so I can get out earlier to do my Saturday runs.

Tomorrow I plan to:

Indigo my hair....maybe if I have time
R/O Condition with Redken Color Extend Conditioner
Shampoo with either the last of some Pureology Hydrating poo or Brocato Swell Volume Full Body Shampoo - most likely the latter though
Deep Moisturized Conditioning with APB Ultra Conditioning Souffle
Leave-in with NG Hibiscus and Honey

Overnight: Egg + Oil treatment (2 eggs, olive oil, rice bran oil, jojoba oil, sacha inchi oil.

Currently: APB UCS. 8 Bantu knots in a baggy for 1hr.

Eta: forgot to mention that I also added a touch of ACV to the egg/oil mix.

Finished this DC session with a clay mix.

Last edited:
I ran out of APB UCS :cry3: ladies can you please recommend a dc that comes close that I can get otg? shea moisture manuka is my go to but I wasn't feeling it last wash.

Last edited:
Today I deep conditioned with my Shea Moisture Manuka Honey Masque under two plastic caps. But before that I did a hot oil treatment with extra virgin olive oil before I shampooed. It has been two years since I've done a hot oil treatment. I need to start doing those again, it seems to make my wash day go by a lot faster and smoother.

Back