2015 Oils,Buttas,Grease,Lotions Pomades,Cremes Challenge

Used: EVOO on top of my DC'er (to Steam with).

After my Hair Dries, I may pull out Jakeala's Shea Amala or Nappy Butter in something delicious smelling.:lick:

Chaulmoogra Oil (cleans the scalp with purifying action) Combined with a Synergy of Essential Oils: Juniper, Sage, Cajeput, Thyme, Rosemary, Lavender and Tea Tree Oil to help promote scalp oxygenation and significantly reduce bacterial flora.

Oooohhhh... good stuff... I'm getting ready to order rosemary, thyme, lavender and cedarwood oil to add to my castor (and possibly mustard) oil mix. Please keep an update on how this makes your scalp feel over time :)

Oooohhhh... good stuff... I'm getting ready to order rosemary, thyme, lavender and cedarwood oil to add to my castor (and possibly mustard) oil mix. Please keep an update on how this makes your scalp feel over time :)

@CodeRed

Lawd....You and that Mustard!:barf:.....:laugh:

I put the Phyto Rx on and put on a Plastic Cap for about 20-30 minutes.

I didn't really feel anything until water hit it.:lick:

Then it was like Hello!:happydance:

A 'cooling, tingling' sensation that felt really good.

I mentioned: You, Biblio and DJ because I know you all like to experiment with different combinations of things.

You are suppose to use 1 every other day, but that joint costs too much.

So I'll just use one maybe every week or once a month.

@CodeRed

Lawd....You and that Mustard!:barf:.....:laugh:

I put the Phyto Rx on and put on a Plastic Cap for about 20-30 minutes.

I didn't really feel anything until water hit it.:lick:

Then it was like Hello!:happydance:

A 'cooling, tingling' sensation that felt really good.

I mentioned: You, Biblio and DJ because I know you all like to experiment with different combinations of things.

You are suppose to use 1 every other day, but that joint costs too much.

So I'll just use one maybe every week or once a month.

Yep, me and mustard... the one I have doesn't smell until I put it up to my nose but yeah, it ain't cute :lol: I really think I'm getting a lot of growth out of it... my hair definitely looks longer than it did two weeks ago and usually I can't tell in that time period if my hair's grown or not...

I was going to ask about the cost of that combination because I do oil my scalp about every other day... Maybe your scalp will do well using it like you said. An once a week deep stimulant for you scalp sounds like a good idea :yep:

@CodeRed

Yeah, I just happen to venture into some thread (can't remember which one) and they were talmbout scalp exfoliation. (Probably the "How Often Do You Shampoo Your Hair?")

So, I decided to look at products that were made to Exfoliate the Scalp and came across this one (Phyto) it was $15.00 for x5 very small, very slender tubes.

Ouidad has that Bay Leaf Exfoilating RX from their Salon Series. I had x2 of those from Marshall's (for cheap) a while back and took them back.

I have the Dabur Mustard Seed Oil and it definitely Stanks. But it's good.

I did a Hot with it (Saran Wrap, Plastic Cap, Heat Cap) a while back and really enjoyed it, but never pulled it back out.

I have a Garlic/Onion Oil Combo in EVOO that I haven't touched in a long time too. Also that Funk-A Neem Oil.

@CodeRed

Yeah, I just happen to venture into some thread (can't remember which one) and they were talmbout scalp exfoliation. (Probably the "How Often Do You Shampoo Your Hair?")

So, I decided to look at products that were made to Exfoliate the Scalp and came across this one (Phyto) it was $15.00 for x5 very small, very slender tubes.

Ouidad has that Bay Leaf Exfoilating RX from their Salon Series. I have x2 of those from Marshall's a while back and took them back.

I have the Dabur Mustard Seed Oil and it definitely Stanks. But it's good.

I did a Hot with it (Saran Wrap, Plastic Cap, Heat Cap) a while back and really enjoyed it, but never pulled it back out.

I have a Garlic/Onion Oil Combo in EVOO that I haven't touched in a long time too. Also that Funk-A Neem Oil.

I think that the thread about scalp exfoliation was the WEN one. They were talking about it because apparently WEN clogs up your hair follicles and makes you hair fall out. Sounds lovely don't it :lol:

I might try a garlic oil.... No neem. Nope, not ever for as long as Jesus is coming back. I was actually angry at people for not stressing enough how much that stuff stank. For the people who use it, they must use really, really low concentrations of it or they don't mind their head smelling janky all day long.

I think that the thread about scalp exfoliation was the WEN one. They were talking about it because apparently WEN clogs up your hair follicles and makes you hair fall out. Sounds lovely don't it :lol:

I might try a garlic oil.... No neem. Nope, not ever for as long as Jesus is coming back. I was actually angry at people for not stressing enough how much that stuff stank. For the people who use it, they must use really, really low concentrations of it or they don't mind their head smelling janky all day long.

@CodeRed Yep. I think you were right (about that WEN Thread).:drunk:

Imma 'brave' it one day and pull that 8oz bottle of Neem Oil back out.:cool:

Can't tell you when it's gone happen tho' cause I'm truly scrrrrd. :eek:

So, I won't make any promises.:dighole:

Will moisturize with Jakeala's Nappy Butter in Peach Bellini

@CodeRed If I get back in Marshall's or TJMaxx again anytime soon, Imma look for that Quidad Bay Leaf Exfoliator stuff again.

I returned it, because I didn't think I'd use it or it had any place in my existing Regimen. I may repurchase at least x1 tube, if I see it again.

Will moisturize with Jakeala's Nappy Butter in Peach Bellini

@CodeRed If I get back in Marshall's or TJMaxx again anytime soon, Imma look for that Quidad Bay Leaf Exfoliator stuff again.

I'm going to look too. I'm going to do some research first though... I have a healthy scalp but I like the idea of exfoliating it every once and a while.

@CodeRed

So Do I.

Especially since I'm a Heavy Co-Washer/Co-Cleanser.

The right Oil or a Tea would/could probably accomplish the same thing?

Somebody......I can't think of 'who' right now, had one that was like a sugar scrub.

It will come to me........:scratchchin:

@CodeRed

So Do I.

Especially since I'm a Heavy Co-Washer/Co-Cleanser.

The right Oil or a Tea would/could probably accomplish the same thing?

Somebody......I can't think of 'who' right now, had one that was like a sugar scrub.

It will come to me........:scratchchin:

The sugar scrub sounds nice... I've always been paranoid about mechanical exfoliators on my scalp because I almost feel like I'm going to lose hair if I scrub too hard, which is something I tend to do with my skin when I exfoliate. I'll check them out though to see which one might be the most effective without me being dense enough to hurt myself/my hair :lol:

@Bibliophile @CodeRed @DarkJoy

I knew you three specifically would appreciate this Oil fest:

This a.m. I used a Phyto product I just got containing 5 tubes of a Scalp Exfoliating Elixir that you leave in for 20 minutes and then Shampoo out

It had -
Chaulmoogra Oil (cleans the scalp with purifying action) Combined with a Synergy of Essential Oils: Juniper, Sage, Cajeput, Thyme, Rosemary, Lavender and Tea Tree Oil to help promote scalp oxygenation and significantly reduce bacterial flora.

That sounds like a repackaged version of Phytopelleine. Phyto hair treatments are great (& work too), but too expensive once your hair gets past shoulder length. I used & loved these:
http://m.sephora.com/product/P6039
http://m.sephora.com/huile-d-ales-dry-hair-intense-hydrating-oil-treatment-P2881

The Huile subtil was horrible.devil: That mess sucked all moisture from my hair.

Yesterday I refreshed my twistout with:
SM Marine Complex Age-Defy & Color Protect Leave in conditioner
Dr Bronner's Magic Organic Hair Crème - Lavender scent

Used qb ohhb on half and kj naturals stretch and curl custard (old formula) on the other half. Once dried a bit I will twist with qb aohc and oil scalp with mahabhringraj oil.

My 8oz Pure Cold Pressed Red Palm Oil came today from Jakeala. Thinking about what Imma do with it.

@IDareT'sHair Good luck with that...That stuff has a strong savory scent & stains skin/clothes orange.
Every time I used red palm oil my hair smelled like roast beef!
I finally got the message & now cook with it.

Palm kernal oil was better...It smells like caramel-toffee-turtle candy.

Back