2014 Deep Condition Challenge

[USER=118875 said:
IDareT'sHair[/USER];20498659]@faithVA

What do you mean? It's heat activated.

So, do you mean you stayed under the dryer too long or what?

I thought you were suppose to use with a Heat Source (body, dryer, heat cap, steamer).

How did you use this? Curious.

ETA: Oh, I see, you heated it 1st before applying.

Maybe you should apply and then use a Heat source.

I use a heat source most of the time but I found out recently that heating my conditioner for 15 seconds and then applying it worked better than steaming, heat cap or dryer. I thought heating it first would be the same as applying it and then using heat but it's not.

I put the bottle in hot water this time and the water was just too hot.

Last edited:
Colored my hair so doing a protein treatment with Komaza protein. Will do a moisturizing DC with NG herbal blends afterwards.

Dcing with Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk Cream Moisture Dream (had to say my baby daddy's full name :lol:) under hair therapy wrap for about 30 - 45 minutes.

Deep conditioning routine:
Protein: Organics Hair Mayonnaise under heating cap for 1hr
(finished the jar #empties :)
Moisture: Aussie Moist Conditioner + Castor oil/essential oils for 1hr

argghhh the Aussie Moist conditioner is NOT the same as my beloved Aussie 3 minute miracle :/

Dc'd today with Claudies Normalizing DC, Porosity Control, Safflower Oil, Peppermint Oil, Rosemary Oil, and Eucalyptus Oil.

Pre-poo: Vatika oil
Protein: Komaza Care Protein Strengthener with Giovanni Nutrafix
Moisture: Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisturizer

AgeinATL IDareT'sHair
Sure, not a problem. I realized I was really shortening the name of the product. So I'm talking about J. Monique's Naturals Irish Moss & Cocoa Deep Conditioner. When it arrived it wasn't as thick as I like dc's to be. I let it sit for a day or two and it is just fine. I did not put it in the fridge or anything, I just let it sit. So now when I turn over the container that dc ain't moving. It smells like cocoa. In the jar, in your hands, and in your hair. Once it is rinsed, the smell does not linger. I noticed when I opened the jar I saw little pieces in it. I wasn't concerned bc in my mind they were supposed to be there :look:. They looked blue :perplexed:. So the first time I used it I picked out 2-3 pieces of grit out of my hair. This last time, no pieces of grit. One time I sat with a plastic cap on, followed by a steam with this dc. Another time I only used it with a plastic cap. Same results both times. My hair felt and looked amazing.

I so need to join this challenge because I love deep conditioning with every wash/cowash
DC regimen: protein DC 2x a month followed by a tea rinse topped with a moisturizing DC
If I am not doing protein I will do a tea rinse and just top with a moisturizing DC and seal the DC with olive oil or safflower oil

I so need to join this challenge because I love deep conditioning with every wash/cowash
DC regimen: protein DC 2x a month followed by a tea rinse topped with a moisturizing DC
If I am not doing protein I will do a tea rinse and just top with a moisturizing DC and seal the DC with olive oil or safflower oil

Welcome Angelbean:welcome: :grin: Happy DC'ing:yep:

Last edited:
Back