2014 Deep Condition Challenge

I haven't checked in for a while, I know but I have been DCing my hair. This morning I did an Affirm Sustenance protein and Scruples Moisture Intensive treatment combo because I didn't have time to do them separately.

I clarified with AO swimmers shampoo. I have I2die4 deep conditioning creme with bask apple sorghum syrup on top.

My hair was feeling fine, but I had to break out the CLR on the shower doors. I figured if the doors had build up my hair has it too. I wanted to nip that in the bud.

(DH did not clean the bathroom like I clean the bathroom while I was gone. Grrrr.) wrong thread.

Eta: If I can find the bottom of my steamer *shakes fist at movers* I will steam.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

DarkJoy said:
How you like that swimmers shampoo HanaKuroi?

I have no complaints about it. My hair doesn't feel stripped. I think this is the third time I have used it on my hair. I have my kids use it every once in a while.

I bought some for my friend's kids hair that were taking swimming lessons. She said it saved their hair.

I have the swimmers conditioner too but I haven't used it.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

My normal conditioner: Megatek mixed with JBCO & SSA followed by Joico Intense Hydrator

I wanted to use my Joico Deep Penetrating Reconstructor but the product had seperated. Called the company and found out the product was ancient (manufactured in 2009) & past it's use.

Prepooed with Shea moisture purification masque and grape seed oil. Deep conditioned with Naturelle Grow: Marshmallow. Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Cinnamon deep conditioner. This stuff was super thick... It has great slip and made detangling a breeze. Set under my streamer for 45minutes..curls popping.

My normal conditioner: Megatek mixed with JBCO & SSA followed by Joico Intense Hydrator

I wanted to use my Joico Deep Penetrating Reconstructor but the product had seperated. Called the company and found out the product was ancient (manufactured in 2009) & past it's use.

mzteaze Where and when did you purchase your Joico K-Pak DPR? I read there's a lot of fakes and old products on Amazon and eBay.

mzteaze Where and when did you purchase your Joico K-Pak DPR? I read there's a lot of fakes and old products on Amazon and eBay.

MileHighDiva
I heard ya...but I either purchased it from a local cheapy spot or JC Pennys. :nono:

and it was lost money because even Joico required that I submit a receipt in order to get my funds back. Thank goodness I don't think I paid much for them.

How can one tell that a product is fake? I order from Amazon a lot, not many hair products actually the only one I have ordered is SM's original condish. I remember a few ppl telling me to be careful. Just curious, I'd be HOT if I received some fake products.

How can one tell that a product is fake? I order from Amazon a lot, not many hair products actually the only one I have ordered is SM's original condish. I remember a few ppl telling me to be careful. Just curious, I'd be HOT if I received some fake products.

There isn't a single clear cut way to know, sadly. However, one big factor to keep in mind that is that many brands will not warranty a product if purchased from Amazon or eBay. Especially if the product states only covered if purchased from a professional salon.

We all want deals, but if the price is TOO good to real (i.e. A $30 product for say $5 all the time), you have to consider how and why the particular can sell it at a price that no one else can.

My Joico "deal" was a mark down product at like 50% off the normal retail. One call to the company confirmed the product was manufactured in 2009! Joico only recommended a 3 year shelf life.:nono::nono::nono: for me, that's yet another reason not to hoard products. I know I don't use them fast enough to buy more than one at a time.

mzteaze Did you buy the Joico that long ago? Or, do you think it was marked significantly because it was old and/or had old packaging?

No I bought around the holidays. I think the major markdown was due to the old packaging. According to the company, the only way you can find out manufacturing data is to call using the code on the packaging.

At this point, I would suggest not purchasing the old packaging.

Dc'd today with Silk Dreams Shea What Deux, Manuka Honey, Porosity Control, Avacado oil, Peppermint, and Rosemary oil.

Was going to DC with Jessicurl, but decided to try the Newest Shea Moisture Mask (the yellow one) under the dryer sealed with olive oil to prep for my roller set.

Spent ten minutes under the dryer with my fenugreek oil mixed, then twenty minutes with Carols Daughter Monoi Mask. Two minutes in shower with Naturelle Grow Marshmallow Root Deep Conditioner - one day I have to use this by itself; this is such a lifesaver when it comes to detangling.

Pre poo w/ SM purification masque 30min
DC w/ Bask whiskey soak 1hr
SSI Avocado condish (first time, love at first use) 10min

Last edited:
Did a dc with my hot heads heat cap today with Hairveda Sitrinillah. It was ok.

On another note, I must be doing something wrong with the hot heads cap because it isn't staying hot very long.

Back