2013 Random Scriptures Verses For Reflection, Encouragement & Meditation

2 Samuel 7:28 NKJV
“And now, O Lord God, You are God, and Your words are true, and You have promised this goodness to Your servant.

Psalm 16:2
O my soul, you have said to the Lord, “You are my Lord, My goodness is nothing apart from You.”

Psalm 21:3 NKJV
For You meet him with the blessings of goodness;
You set a crown of pure gold upon his head.

Galatians 6:9
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Psalm 23:6 NKJV

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever

Genesis 49:22-26 AMP

22 Joseph is a fruitful bough, a fruitful bough by a well (spring or fountain), whose branches run over the wall.

23 Skilled archers have bitterly attacked and sorely worried him; they have shot at him and persecuted him.

24 But his bow remained strong and steady and rested in the Strength that does not fail him, for the arms of his hands were made strong and active by the hands of the Mighty God of Jacob, by the name of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,

25 By the God of your father, Who will help you, and by the Almighty, Who will bless you with blessings of the heavens above, blessings lying in the deep beneath, blessings of the breasts and of the womb.

26 The blessings of your father [on you] are greater than the blessings of my forefathers [Abraham and Isaac on me] and are as lasting as the bounties of the eternal hills; they shall be on the head of Joseph, and on the crown of the head of him who was the consecrated one and the one separated from his brethren and [the one who] is prince among them.

Last edited:
Psalm 64 (A Prayer of Protection)

I am in trouble, God—listen to my prayer!
I am afraid of my enemies—save my life!

2 Protect me from the plots of the wicked,
from mobs of evil people.

3 They sharpen their tongues like swords
and aim cruel words like arrows.

4 They are quick to spread their shameless lies;
they destroy good people with cowardly slander.

5 They encourage each other in their evil plots;
they talk about where they will place their traps.
“No one can see them,” they say.

6 They make evil plans and say,
“We have planned a perfect crime.”
The human heart and mind are a mystery.

7 But God shoots his arrows at them,
and suddenly they are wounded.

8 He will destroy them because of those words;
all who see them will shake their heads.

9 They will all be afraid;
they will think about what God has done
and tell about his deeds.

10 All righteous people will rejoice
because of what the Lord has done.
They will find safety in him;
all good people will praise him.

Last edited:
Galatians 5:21-23 NKJV
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

Isaiah 11:2-3 GW

2 The Spirit of the Lord will rest on him—
the Spirit of wisdom and understanding,
the Spirit of advice and power,
the Spirit of knowledge and fear of the Lord.

3 He will gladly bear the fear of the Lord.
He will not judge by what his eyes see
or decide by what his ears hear.

Psalm 37:35-37 GW

35 I have seen a wicked person acting like a tyrant,
spreading himself out like a large cedar tree.

36 But he moved on, and now there is no trace of him.
I searched for him, but he could not be found.

37 Notice the innocent person,
and look at the decent person,
because the peacemaker has a future.

2 Samuel 19
6 You love those who hate you and hate those who love you.

This is what Joab said to David regarding his weeping for his son Absalom who plotted against him and want to kill him. This is something a lot of us battle with daily, whether it is mental, emotional or physical abuse coming from those we love. We push away those who truly love us and who try to help us and cling to those who treat us badly.

Worthless, wicked people go around telling lies. They wink and make gestures to deceive you, all the while planning evil in their perverted minds, stirring up trouble everywhere. Because of this, disaster will strike them without warning, & they will be fatally wounded. There are seven things that the Lord hates & cannot tolerate: a proud look, a lying tongue, hands that kill innocent people, a mind that thinks up wicked plans, feet that hurry off to do evil, a witness who tells one lie after another & someone who stirs up trouble among friends (Proverbs 6:12-15 GNT).

Psalm 107:15
Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, And for His wonderful works to the children of men!

God always confirms things. He shows us and guides us into all truth:

Psalm 92 NLT

1 It is good to give thanks to the Lord,
to sing praises to the Most High.
2 It is good to proclaim your unfailing love in the morning,
your faithfulness in the evening,
3 accompanied by the ten-stringed harp
and the melody of the lyre.

4 You thrill me, Lord, with all you have done for me!
I sing for joy because of what you have done.
5 O Lord, what great works you do!
And how deep are your thoughts.
6 Only a simpleton would not know,
and only a fool would not understand this:
7 Though the wicked sprout like weeds
and evildoers flourish,
they will be destroyed forever.

8 But you, O Lord, will be exalted forever.
9 Your enemies, Lord, will surely perish;
all evildoers will be scattered.
10 But you have made me as strong as a wild ox.
You have anointed me with the finest oil.
11 My eyes have seen the downfall of my enemies;
my ears have heard the defeat of my wicked opponents.
12 But the godly will flourish like palm trees
and grow strong like the cedars of Lebanon.
13 For they are transplanted to the Lord’s own house.
They flourish in the courts of our God.
14 Even in old age they will still produce fruit;
they will remain vital and green.
15 They will declare, “The Lord is just!
He is my rock!
There is no evil in him!”

Do this because you belong to the Lord your God. From all the peoples on earth he chose you to be his own special people (Deuteronomy 7:6 GNT).

Powerful psalm that opened yesterday morning as I was praying. God is amazing and He knew I needed to read it.

Psalm 92 NLV

92 It is good to give thanks to the Lord, and sing praises to Your name, O Most High. 2 It is good to tell of Your loving-kindness in the morning, and of how faithful You are at night, 3 with harps, and with music of praise. 4 For You have made me glad by what You have done, O Lord. I will sing for joy at the works of Your hands.

5 How great are Your works, O Lord! How deep are Your thoughts! 6 A man who cannot reason does not have much learning. A fool does not understand this. 7 Even if the sinful grow up like grass and all goes well with wrong-doers, they will be destroyed forever. 8 But You, O Lord, rule from Your high place forever. 9 For, look, those who hate You will be lost from You forever, O Lord. All those who do wrong will be destroyed.

10 But You have lifted up my horn like that of a wild bull. New oil has been poured upon me. 11 My eyes have seen those who wait to hurt me. My ears hear the bad men who rise up against me. 12 The man who is right and good will grow like the palm tree. He will grow like a tall tree in Lebanon. 13 Planted in the house of the Lord, they will grow well in the home of our God. 14 They will still give fruit when they are old. They will be full of life and strength. 15 And they will show that the Lord is faithful. He is my rock. There is nothing in Him that is not right and good.

Acts 15:30-35 NIV

So the men were sent off and went down to Antioch, where they gathered the church together and delivered the letter. The people read it and were glad for its encouraging message. Judas and Silas, who themselves were prophets, said much to encourage and strengthen the believers. After spending some time there, they were sent off by the believers with the blessing of peace to return to those who had sent them. But Paul and Barnabas remained in Antioch, where they and many others taught and preached the word of the Lord.

Psalm 23 GNT

23 The Lord is my shepherd;
I have everything I need.
2 He lets me rest in fields of green grass
and leads me to quiet pools of fresh water.
3 He gives me new strength.
He guides me in the right paths,
as he has promised.
4 Even if I go through the deepest darkness,
I will not be afraid, Lord,
for you are with me.
Your shepherd's rod and staff protect me.
5 You prepare a banquet for me,
where all my enemies can see me;
you welcome me as an honored guest
and fill my cup to the brim.
6 I know that your goodness and love will be with me all my life;
and your house will be my home as long as I live.

Leviticus 26:3-10 NLT

3 “If you follow my decrees and are careful to obey my commands, 4 I will send you the seasonal rains. The land will then yield its crops, and the trees of the field will produce their fruit. 5 Your threshing season will overlap with the grape harvest, and your grape harvest will overlap with the season of planting grain. You will eat your fill and live securely in your own land.

6 “I will give you peace in the land, and you will be able to sleep with no cause for fear. I will rid the land of wild animals and keep your enemies out of your land. 7 In fact, you will chase down your enemies and slaughter them with your swords. 8 Five of you will chase a hundred, and a hundred of you will chase ten thousand! All your enemies will fall beneath your sword.

9 “I will look favorably upon you, making you fertile and multiplying your people. And I will fulfill my covenant with you. 10 You will have such a surplus of crops that you will need to clear out the old grain to make room for the new harvest!

Psalm 138:2-3 NKJV

For You have magnified Your word above all Your name.
In the day when I cried out, You answered me,
And made me bold with strength in my soul.

Paul and Silas in Berea

Acts 17:11-14 GW

When Paul and Silas arrived in the city of Berea, they entered the synagogue. 11 The people of Berea were more open-minded than the people of Thessalonica. They were very willing to receive God’s message, and every day they carefully examined the Scriptures to see if what Paul said was true. 12 Many of them became believers, and quite a number of them were prominent Greek men and women.

13 But when the Jews in Thessalonica found out that Paul was also spreading God’s word in Berea, they went there to upset and confuse the people. 14 The believers immediately sent Paul to the seacoast, but Silas and Timothy stayed in Berea.

Luke 16:10-13 GNT

10 Whoever is faithful in small matters will be faithful in large ones; whoever is dishonest in small matters will be dishonest in large ones. 11 If, then, you have not been faithful in handling worldly wealth, how can you be trusted with true wealth? 12 And if you have not been faithful with what belongs to someone else, who will give you what belongs to you?

13 “No servant can be the slave of two masters; such a slave will hate one and love the other or will be loyal to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.”

Psalm 1: True Happiness

1 Happy are those
who reject the advice of evil people,
who do not follow the example of sinners
or join those who have no use for God.
2 Instead, they find joy in obeying the Law of the Lord,
and they study it day and night.
3 They are like trees that grow beside a stream,
that bear fruit at the right time,
and whose leaves do not dry up.
They succeed in everything they do.
4 But evil people are not like this at all;
they are like straw that the wind blows away.
5 Sinners will be condemned by God
and kept apart from God's own people.
6 The righteous are guided and protected by the Lord,
but the evil are on the way to their doom.

Psalm 4 The Safety of the Faithful

4 Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness!
You have relieved me in my distress;
Have mercy on me, and hear my prayer.

2 How long, O you sons of men,
Will you turn my glory to shame?
How long will you love worthlessness
And seek falsehood? Selah

3 But know that the Lord has set apart for Himself him who is godly;
The Lord will hear when I call to Him.

4 Be angry, and do not sin.
Meditate within your heart on your bed, and be still. Selah

5 Offer the sacrifices of righteousness,
And put your trust in the Lord.

6 There are many who say,
“Who will show us any good?”
Lord, lift up the light of Your countenance upon us.

7 You have put gladness in my heart,
More than in the season that their grain and wine increased.

8 I will both lie down in peace, and sleep;
For You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.

My child, eat honey, for it is good, and the honeycomb is sweet to the taste. In the same way, wisdom is sweet to your soul. If you find it, you will have a bright future, and your hopes will not be cut short (Proverbs 24:13-14 NLT).

22 The Lord’s lovingkindnesses indeed never cease,
For His compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
24 “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“Therefore I have hope in Him.”

Lamentations 3:22-24 - New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Psalm 8:3-9 GW

3 When I look at your heavens,
the creation of your fingers,
the moon and the stars that you have set in place—
4 what is a mortal that you remember him
or the Son of Man that you take care of him?
5 You have made him a little lower than yourself.
You have crowned him with glory and honor.
6 You have made him rule what your hands created.
You have put everything under his control:
7 all the sheep and cattle, the wild animals,
8 the birds, the fish,
whatever swims in the currents of the seas.

9 O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name throughout the earth!

Psalm 13:5-6 NIV

5But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.
6 I will sing the Lord’s praise,
for he has been good to me.

Back