2013 MN Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I detangled, moisturized & sealed and applied my mix for the first since the discovery of abnormal shedding. My garlic scalp treatment seemed to work some but there is still shedding, just not as much. I added garlic extract into my mix and surprisingly, it didn't reek of garlic, during or after so that's a relief. Can't wait to see the results of tonight's application and finger Detangling.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I detangled, moisturized & sealed and applied my mix for the first since the discovery of abnormal shedding. My garlic scalp treatment seemed to work some but there is still shedding, just not as much. I added garlic extract into my mix and surprisingly, it didn't reek of garlic, during or after so that's a relief. Can't wait to see the results of tonight's application and finger Detangling.

Thanks for the update!

About two weeks ...

Yeah, I'm not really an expert as it is my first time using MN but I think that you may be putting a little too much. I mixed a whole tube with a leave in and a dash of castor oil and it looks like it would last a month. Oh, and I apply once a day.

Yeah, I'm not really an expert as it is my first time using MN but I think that you may be putting a little too much. I mixed a whole tube with a leave in and a dash of castor oil and it looks like it would last a month. Oh, and I apply once a day.

I agree. A 1oz tube of MN mixed with oils or something else, should last a month.

Checking in. Decided I'm going to apply the MN straight. Last week I mixed it with coconut oil. I tried it straight once or twice and I didn't get any headaches, so that's the way I will proceed for now. I've been applying it twice daily for a little over a week now.

Applied MN mix 10 days in a row. Doing a length check on Sunday to see if its made a difference.

I've been consistent with every other day MN applications, alternating with the sulfur. This will be interesting since I won't be able to length check since March due to my twists, so I'm looking for great results! Hopefully i will see some growth from the roots soon.

Been concistent. Applied yesterday, it was easier cause i have my hair in twists ... very easy to apply it :)

I've been consistent with every other day MN applications, alternating with the sulfur. This will be interesting since I won't be able to length check since March due to my twists, so I'm looking for great results! Hopefully i will see some growth from the roots soon.

I remember using Sulfur 8 years ago. Not sure if it was for dandruff or hair growth. Anyway, I believe my hair did grow from it. What is your MN mixture? And are you applying the Sulfur by itself or mixed with something else?
I think I would like to try the Sulfur 8 with MN. Right now I'm using Doo Gro, which has Sulfur in it. I was going to do the Cayenne pepper thing, but it's a little too pricey for my likings right now.

Checking in. I've been applying consistently pretty much every day. I'm officially labeling MN as "Creamy Crack 2.0" because the highlight of my day has become applying this stuff every night.

Checking In... still using my MN every other day as well as Moisturizing/Sealing and bunning. I'm still using the mix from the last challenge... haven't finished it yet. Actually I'll probably be using it for the next couple of weeks. :yep:

I applied my mix today and have been consistently daily or every other day since the start of the challenge. My relaxer is in two weeks so I'm hoping for at least an additional 3/4 inch since I did my LC almost a month ago. Wishful thinking maybe but I'm reaching for the stars.

BTW, the excessive shedding is gone and I barely have breakage, though I'm trying to get that down to zero. The garlic extract, Roux PC shampoo & conditioner and overnight DC with Joico Moisture Recovery Balm worked wonders.

Been using my MN every night and so far so good. I can tell that it's working because I usually wash my hair on Sunday and then do a midweek cowash but I was able to skip the cowash this week. Usually my scalp would be so itchy and flaky by now. I'm glad I started the challenge in a protective style, I can see how clear my scalp is and know I'm not just psyching myself into believing it's working. I will do my starting length check this saturday when I take this PS down.

Attachments

• PS012013.jpg
    PS012013.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 82
I applied my mix today and have been consistently daily or every other day since the start of the challenge. My relaxer is in two weeks so I'm hoping for at least an additional 3/4 inch since I did my LC almost a month ago. Wishful thinking maybe but I'm reaching for the stars.

BTW, the excessive shedding is gone and I barely have breakage, though I'm trying to get that down to zero. The garlic extract, Roux PC shampoo & conditioner and overnight DC with Joico Moisture Recovery Balm worked wonders.

Glad to hear shedding has gone down. I have had minimal shedding and barely any breakage. I've been actually putting the Doo Gro on my ends, I love it so far. YOU GROW GIRL! :grin:

Glad to hear shedding has gone down. I have had minimal shedding and barely any breakage. I've been actually putting the Doo Gro on my ends, I love it so far. YOU GROW GIRL! :grin:

Breakage is so scary. All I was thinking was a setback to SL, NOOO! I'm glad you got your breakage under control!

I'm going away for the weekend and only packing one hair product (for me)-- my MN mix! I'm going moisturize before I leave today and resume moisturizing when I get back on Monday. I'll be using MN Saturday and maybe Sunday if I have time.

Have a great weekend ladies!

I'm going away for the weekend and only packing one hair product (for me)-- my MN mix! I'm going moisturize before I leave today and resume moisturizing when I get back on Monday. I'll be using MN Saturday and maybe Sunday if I have time.

Have a great weekend ladies!

So I'm leaving the MN mix. My bottle was already leaking before I left. So I'm just taking a tiny bit of MN left in my tube and will apply directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back