2013 MN Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's about 20-40 away depending on traffic. I love the store but hate driving there

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Just applied MN mixture last night.

• What is your current length? Not sure. BSL I think.
  • Is this your first time using MN or how long have you used in MN? Since November 2012.
  • How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)? I mix 1.59oz of MN with 1/4 of a 4oz jar of Doo Gro Vitilizer (purple).
  • What frequency will you apply it? 5-7 times a week.
  • Any other growth aids that you are using? None.
  • Anything else you care to add? Last relaxer was 02-17-2010 and I still have about 4-5 inches of relaxer at the ends. I figured the perm should be out by now. Maybe my hair grows slow?
  • Don't forget a starting pic! Look below. Don't bag on my ends. I know they need to be cut.:look:

Last edited:
I've been applying the MN mix twice a day for almost a week now. I must not be super sensitive because I don't have any headaches/tingling and the amount of MN in my mix is a lot. I already finished off the tube I bought last week. :look:

I bought another tube today, but I will use it more sparingly by adding more coconut oil. Anyway, I won't be taking measurements until the end of the month. I'll just keep applying the MN faithfully and hope for the best. :)

I will be starting my mn again next week! So excited. I hope it gives me more thickness. I will be alternating between mn & jbco.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

I will be starting my mn again next week! So excited. I hope it gives me more thickness. I will be alternating between mn & jbco.

Welcome back! I need to put JBCO back into my regimen.

Straight starting pic 12/23/12

image-384001736.jpg

Wash n go 1/4/13

image-3513993086.jpg

Hopefully my wash n go will be longer at the next check in too.

I put JBCO in my mix. It contains the growth aid (MN), moisturizer (ORS olive oil hair lotion) and thickening agent (JBCO). Now all I have to do is moisturize my line of demarcation while I'm parting through my hair, I've had some long strand breakage because I been missing this step.

Ladies, please help with a question:

Is there a wait time between applying MN and getting a relaxer like with using a Sulfur mix? I'm getting a relaxer the week of 1/20 so if necessary, I'll have to stop soon. I've been applying my mix daily. THANKS!

jprayze

Last edited:
Ladies, please help with a question:

Is there a wait time between applying MN and getting a relaxer like with using a Sulfur mix? I'm getting a relaxer the week of 1/20 so if necessary, I'll have to stop soon. I've been applying my mix daily. THANKS!

I stopped a month prior to relaxing. But I think some ladies stop 2wks prior to relaxing. I have an extremely sensitive scalp, so I didn't want to risk burning.

They look like this:

So you could definitely to a thin twist, but it wouldn't look exactly the same.

Braids barely stay in my hair. I'm looking for a good go to protective style that won't be affected by massaging the MN daily. Right now I'm bunning it.

I've been applying every other day since Jan. 1 with my mix of 2% + 4% + Cantu oil moisturizer + cayenne oil + MTG. I'm also jogging for an hour on days I don't apply for increased circulation.

I stopped a month prior to relaxing. But I think some ladies stop 2wks prior to relaxing. I have an extremely sensitive scalp, so I didn't want to risk burning.

:-O, I should stop now then. My relaxer is in 2 weeks.

Dang, why am I suddenly experiencing increased shedding again? UGH! The same thing happened the last time I took it MN but I was hoping it was the Nioxin withdrawal.

This is just one day of shedding/breakage:
View attachment 187407

I had the same amount yesterday. It's shedding and breaking (short and long hair). I'm going to clarify tomorrow and stop the MN to see if that is the problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back