2013/2014 Brides Roll Call & Random Thoughts :-)

polished07

Hey Brides to Be! Just wanted to start a thread for planning thoughts for brides getting married this year and next year! Do you have a date or time frame of when you expect to get married? How is your wedding planning going? Do you have a venue and wedding party picked out? Whats you favorite resource for planning online/magazines? Whats your wedding theme/style? and lastly any pre-body/hair goals for the wedding? (This is a hair forum, hair is important lol body too!)

Ill go first! Im a June 2014 bride, got engaged last May at my graduation party given by my fiance' it was a great surprise! Im in grad school now so once Im done we will be getting married, planning a wedding and school is hard but Im doing things little by little because I have so much time I really just started this year.

I found my venue finally after a couple of no go's at a loft like space that is perfect for my wedding style modern/glam and we have secured our date. My wedding party will consist 5 girls (family and bff's) 5 guys his ( all family) and our kids (we have 2 a piece, our teens will be jr bridesmaids, stepson will be ring bearer, my baby will be the flower girl) :yep:.

My favorite resource for planning is all of the bridal magazines, and onewed.com, theknot.com, weddingblogs100.com (great resource) and PINTEREST IS MY FAVE!!!

I do have a goal to get down 20 lbs which is totally doable, my fiance and I are both hitting the gym up and watching what we eat, its good to help motivate each other. Hair goal is to be BSL grazing MBL Im currently APL,26 months relaxer free so Im psing my way to that goal, I want to wear my hair not a wig or weave or pieces so we shall see :-)

Now that I have a venue, Im looking at dresses were trying to pay for everything big 6 months ahead of our wedding date cash so we shall see I really dont want to be paying for this wedding after luckily we've had alot of time!

2013 Bride here! My big day is April 22, 2013.

Since it's next month, you would think my planning should be almost done now, but thanks to PInterest I keep find some new project I just have to try!

These days I've been focusing on my wedding programs, favors for guests, and hairstyles.

2013 bride, wedding day is July 21 (almost exactly four months, ah!) I still have to get a DJ, schedule a cake tasting, go with my girls to get their dresses, and do invitations. I'm sure there's some other stuff, but it's pretty much minor details like favors and whatnot. I still have to get my dress altered, but that will be courtesy of my FMIL's neighbor who is a seamstress, so not too worried about that.

Hey we got some movement in here lol! Congrats fellow brides ;-) about the wedding planning I'm gonna tell y'all what someone told me recently plan the marriage you want to have not the wedding! I have a planner (we've been best friends since we were 10) and she's doing everything I'm just sending her ideas I can't say that I haven't ran into frustrations early on in planning though. For instance my matron of honor and BFF may not be in the wedding because their trying to conceive so if she's preggo it's over and my baby sis I can't depend on her to follow through living out of state to fulfill her bridesmaid duties. Also we're having a intimate 100 guest wedding and a lot of ppl might be upset they not invited weddings cost $$$ and were paying for this on our own.

Wedding day is July 20, 2013...

I actually gave up on the planning because I got so frustrated.
We're just having it at our church and reserving seats at a restaurant with our family (about 20 people). The end.

My mom is kind of upset that its gonna be "boring", but she really has no right to be.

I picked the dress I want, but I have yet to try it because I'm trying to lose a few more pounds before I do so I don't have to do much altering.

As far as my hair, I'm actually not sure. I know I want to wear a weave, but I keep going back and forth about the length and type of hair. I'm also not sure if I want to do it myself, or just go somewhere ...even though I'm terrified to let someone touch my hair (haven't been to a salon for almost 9 years).

I'm getting his ring next month.....he got my band in January.
He's being real picky about his for some reason, but at this point I'm like screw it.

My wedding is September 1, 2013.....I HATE PLANNING MY WEDDING!

I can never decide on anything because i'm afraid i'm going to make things look tacky with my wedding colors: Purple, Gold, and Ivory.

Getting married September 2013, I've booked venue and church and bought my dress and sent out save the dates thats about it so lots of work still to do, I'm trying to get flowers and BM's dresses but still cant decide on a color scheme

August 2014 bride checking in :yep:

Got engaged this past Valentine's Day. We're going to look at a couple of venues up here then head on down to Florida to check out a couple of places there. It'll most likely be in S. Florida since that's where I'm from.

I did not appreciate just how expensive weddings were until I started looking at places. Makes me :blush: at some of the wedding gifts I've given in the past.

Not sure of my colors yet...I can't make up my mind! I think I'll probably do a french-inspired theme or something that is 1920-1940's inspired.

The honeymoon spot is already decided though :rolleyes:

Awesome! A lot of you ladies are on a roll! How many of you still new dresses BM and yours? I finally found my Dress!! And I'm gonna be honest my crybaby butt almost cried! Lol my BM did too! It's a beautiful gown and I'm in love I have 2 daughters so of they want to wear it years from now or just taking a swatch from it they can :-)))) also found BM dresses my colors are a dusty rose pink, pop of color is a fushia, champagne is the accent and cream. Their dresses are the dusty rose pink and they are a chiffon material and long it has a really romantic feel I didn't want a stiff sateen/ taffeta material. There's still a lot to do but I'm happy to get things done bit by bit

My wedding is September 1, 2013.....I HATE PLANNING MY WEDDING!

I can never decide on anything because i'm afraid i'm going to make things look tacky with my wedding colors: Purple, Gold, and Ivory.

I'v decided Old Hollywood Glamour will be my theme.

How are you incorporating old hollywoid into your wedding? You and I share the same wedding date and theme. :lol: Great minds think alike.

Woohoo!!

Just heard back from the day-of-coordinator and I officially have a date of August 9, 2014! :yay: Going to put my initial deposit down in the middle of this week.

I think I've already found a photographer and make-up artist (both black woman!)....so if the price is right, I'll be booking them as well.

There's still a lot of time left to plan but as long as I get the big ticket items out of the way, I can relax and just focus on the smaller DIY things I want to put together.

2013 Bride checking in! My wedding is 10-12-13 and I'm starting to get a little overwhelmed w/ planning a wedding in less then a year (I got engaged on New Years Day). I'm having a destination wedding in Puerto Rico and I'm getting a little antsy because more people are on board to attend then I originally thought...

My wedding is planned for June 28, 2013. We only decided to go for it last month. We have the venue, florist and photographer. I still don't have a dress, invitations, or total vision for the wedding together. I'm more than a little overwhelmed!

2013 Bride checking in! My wedding is 10-12-13 and I'm starting to get a little overwhelmed w/ planning a wedding in less then a year (I got engaged on New Years Day). I'm having a destination wedding in Puerto Rico and I'm getting a little antsy because more people are on board to attend then I originally thought...

GlamGyrl81

Don't worry about having too many people. When people hear destination wedding they all get excited and say they're coming... And then months later reality sets in and that's when they realize they can't come because of work, money, health reasons whatever. I'm getting married in less than a month and I just had someone who had their room paid in full decline last week.

You'll be fine.

OMG I need a photographer!!!!
I'm freaking out....how could I forget about that? Shoot.
I want to do a studio type of thing, but I don't know how that would work...do we go like right after the wedding?
I wonder if its too late now...
I'm getting worried thinking about this.

OMG I need a photographer!!!!
I'm freaking out....how could I forget about that? Shoot.
I want to do a studio type of thing, but I don't know how that would work...do we go like right after the wedding?
I wonder if its too late now...
I'm getting worried thinking about this.

Can you find a photog that can shoot you on location or a really nice location nearby? That's what we'll be doing, our wedding is in a high traffic area but well travel about 5 minutes aways off location and do "alone" pics other pics well be on location with our wedding party during the cocktail hour!

Ladies I meant to ask what are your colors?! Some of you answered and have you all set up "tastings" yet? My FH and I are in a LDR but well be going to find our caterer next month while he's here for my graduation ;-) I can't wait to try the cakes lol if its one thing my cake gotta taste bomb

Do_Si_Dos Sorry i haven't been over here in a while. I plan on having tall centerpieces with feathers, pintuck linen, satin dresses, vintage hairstyles. i'm having someone play the piano during cocktail hour, he will play classic songs like You and I. I really want to get a band but i can't afford the 4500-6500 price tag that comes along with them lol. My colors will be gold, black, and ivory with touches of plum. The Plum will only be the bridesmaids dresses and the flowers. I felt like it needed a touch of color. So i went with purple since it's my favorite.

Our wedding was supposed to be last year but we had to postpone for several reasons until this year so we've changed a little with our vision. We kept our invitations because I loved them so much but now we're doing a fire and ice theme so our colors are red, turquoise and white. The ceremony and reception is going to be so contrasting I can't wait to see it all come together.
The ceremony space will be mostly white with touches of turquoise for the ice part of it and the reception area will be totally fire red.

Just wanted to share this because it made me smile:

I was sitting down with FH yesterday, but we were both on our phones doing... whatever the hell we were doing. He puts down his phone and turns to me and goes, "How are you? I feel like we've been spending all this time together, but I haven't actually stopped to ask you how you've been." He then proceeds to tell me that he loves me and I am his everything, and he's sorry if he doesn't say it enough. I really appreciated the gesture and it just reminded me why I'm marrying him :yep:

Can you find a photog that can shoot you on location or a really nice location nearby? That's what we'll be doing, our wedding is in a high traffic area but well travel about 5 minutes aways off location and do "alone" pics other pics well be on location with our wedding party during the cocktail hour!

Ladies I meant to ask what are your colors?! Some of you answered and have you all set up "tastings" yet? My FH and I are in a LDR but well be going to find our caterer next month while he's here for my graduation ;-) I can't wait to try the cakes lol if its one thing my cake gotta taste bomb

I'm trying to find one that can do it there, but it's hard. We don't have an extra grand lying around, and it seems like all the wedding photographers (at least in LA) are using that as a base price.
I also want studio pictures and thats hard to find too.

FH keeps making me cry! I had a moment of clarity and decided I wanted to go back to school for my Masters and possibly my Ph.D., and I asked him if he would be OK with that because it would mean less time together and probably tight finances while I try to pay tuition. He said he would miss me if I go back to school but if that's what I want to do, he'll support me. I'm summarizing, he said it much nicer than I put it, but I just made me realize that he has ALWAYS been supportive of my goals and dreams, even if it means he will have to see me less and be perpetually broke.

I just texted him telling him one of my BMs scheduled a cake tasting for us. He texts me back, "Ok good and think about school, you need to get your money right for your plans." I love this man. I don't know what I did to deserve him, but I cannot wait to say "I do." He is just too amazing.

FH keeps making me cry! I had a moment of clarity and decided I wanted to go back to school for my Masters and possibly my Ph.D., and I asked him if he would be OK with that because it would mean less time together and probably tight finances while I try to pay tuition. He said he would miss me if I go back to school but if that's what I want to do, he'll support me. I'm summarizing, he said it much nicer than I put it, but I just made me realize that he has ALWAYS been supportive of my goals and dreams, even if it means he will have to see me less and be perpetually broke.

I just texted him telling him one of my BMs scheduled a cake tasting for us. He texts me back, "Ok good and think about school, you need to get your money right for your plans." I love this man. I don't know what I did to deserve him, but I cannot wait to say "I do." He is just too amazing.

That's husband material a man who supports you so that you can follow your dreams is one to settle down with! That's beautiful!

Y'all have some beautiful color schemes!!!!! As far as planning is concerned I'm looking for a cinematic videographer I'm loving these highly edited vids and since we've cut costs with our venue I'm looking into that! I'll pay for photogs too bc these are memories but if I can get a reasonable price for the vid that would be cool here are some vids on Vimeo I luv!

http://vimeo.com/m/29496854

http://vimeo.com/m/39060463

http://vimeo.com/m/59244777

Are a couple to start with! I love India from Naturalhairsistas on YT!

Back