2011 Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge (Pt. 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DC'd tonight with a bunch of stuff i needed to get rid of...finished off with one n' only restorative mask...

What did you think of the one n' only? I bought it as well but haven't used it yet.

Any reviews you can provide will be very helpful. Please be sure to post your reggie with it as well!

Thanks!!!:grin:

Okay so I DC'ed on Sunday night with the Henna n' Placenta pack. I co-washed with Motions Conditioner (cleaning out the stash) and then applied the entire pack.

While sitting with 2 shower caps on my head for a non-heat DC, I decided to do a little research on the Henna n' Placenta and see what talk if any was on LHCF to see if it was anyone's go to product. Well what I read and found had me all kinds of confused. I read that it caused cancer and that it increased hormones in women (not a direct quote) so here I am after about 2 hours (I'm a very lazy DC-er) with this product on my head and I'm like well dayum what's going to happen with this.

So taking no caution to the wind I continued to sit with it. Finally many hours later I rinsed it out, applied Knot Today as my leave in, did some quick detangling and started my box braids for my braidout.

I used a mixture of Knot Today, Aphogee Essential Oils, and water in a spray bottle to keep my hair moist. I used Jojoba Oil to seal, applied a mesh end wrap and perm rods (pink, white and gray). I let this air dry over night and then the following day sat underneath a hood dryer for about 20 minutes.

. . . .This seems long. . .sorry. Anyway I didn't unbraid my hair immediately I used my braids as my protective style as long as I could. I finally unbraided my hair a few minutes ago and. . . . . .:lick::yep::lick:my hair is so incredibly soft!!! My crown is very long so the style needs to be tweaked a bit, but It's not excessively shiny and it's so soft.

So I'm at a dilemma. . . to use the cancer causing Henna n' Placenta again or move on to another item and hope that I get the same results. . . H-E-L-P!!!!!!:lachen:

Didn't get a chance to steam tonight!! Too tired. But I did smooth in my coconut oil/rosemary/jojoba/Grapeseed mix on my scalp, hair and ends.

UPDATE: Trying to co-wash for the first time and I'm liking the process so far. I'm trying to swing my hair towards the super moisturized side without products on dry hair to see how my hair feels. I also want to use up the products I have so far so I'm DCing for 30 minutes with AO WC.

Wash with KeraCare moisturizing sulfate free poo/Hollywood's Beauty Argan oil Hydrating Mask 35min/Yucca cream,lotion leave-in/sealed with Walnut & Pumpkin seed oil mix...Lightly oiled scalp with Brahmi ...JBCO on edges.....

*Hair is super soft,very moisturize & tangle free.

Hollywood's Beauty Argan Hydrating Mask (in the jar)..Not bad for $7.99....It worked extremely well on my hair..ITS A KEEPER.

Happy Hair Growing!

halee_J, I agree that Napp's bun is gorgeous!

I didn't get around to having date night with Kenra last night. Tonight is chill time with the dh and date night with the dh tomorrow. Kenra is jealous but will get its turn no later than Sunday.

Doing good, I have some henna on my head as I type and sitting under my conditioning cap letting it marinate. After taking this out I will be doing a DC and putting in my curlformers. I may come back with a picture later.....

DC'ed today for a super long time with SE MegaSilk. And my final decision on that ORS Hair Mayo: ITS TRASH OMG I found my receipt and that garbage is going back to the nearest Walmart. I usually dont return hair products but I want my $10.68 back. It smells horrid and when I washed my hair today I still smelled it from last week! WTF :barf:

Dced today with shescentit avocado conditioner. Is that even a dc or is it a rinse out? Note to self: squeeze out conditioner into jars because the bottle kept slipping out! :lol:

:up: for me!

Ooh may I join? I haven't done a challenge all year! I DC weekly, usually on Saturdays. Yesterday I mixed Ouidad deep treatment with my oil blend. I'm on a three month personal mission to just be consistent with my products and see how my hair responds. I cut close to 2 inches at the beginning of this year. Although I haven't done a length check, I think I've gotten the length back based on how it hangs wet. Trying to get to full APL by end of July, and I think consistency is the key.

Sent from my DROID2 using Long Hair Care Forum App

just tried a new combo and I love it!! Dc'd with ORS replenishment added honey, wheat germ oil and coconut milk for 45 min w/o heat. my hair is ridiculously soft and I will do this again next sunday!

Yesterday I prepoo'd with Suave Tropical Coconut and JBCO.

Then later DC'd with Silk Elements Moisturizing Treatment, JBCO, & few drops of Tea Tree Oil.

That combo worked real well because my hair came out silky.....

Just rinsed out my Amla treatment and will be DCing overnight with Dabur Vatika Virgin Olive Hair Mask.

I must say I was pleasently suprised by this DC. It made my hair feel super soft and strong at the same time. Amazing what you dig up from your stash; I wonder why I never used this in the beginning(darn my love of conditioners.)

Did Aphogee 2 minute for 15 minutes on Friday and then DC'd with Yes to Carrots Hair Mud Mask overnight, no heat. I still love YTC, but can't wait to use it up so I can try the Moroccan Oil treatment. Oh, and that big jar of CPR in my stash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back