2011 APL Challenge

Just keeping my hair up in twists and really focusing on keeping my hair moisturized right now. It doesn't look like my hair is doing much but I must be getting at least a little growth because I can get more of my front twists to reach and stay in my banana clip bun. And my gray is starting to show from the henna I did a few weeks ago. So its growing but I can't tell at what rate.

I can officially pull all of my twists back into a banana clip bun. Even though I don't see any evidence of growth something must be happening because I don't think I could do this at the beginning of September.

I can officially pull all of my twists back into a banana clip bun. Even though I don't see any evidence of growth something must be happening because I don't think I could do this at the beginning of September.

Wow I definitely cannnot do that.

I've always admired kimmaytubes twisted banana clip buns. I'm a loooong way from that

Sent from my SGH-T839 using SGH-T839

[USER=13643 said:
Imani[/USER];14369477]Wow I definitely cannnot do that.

I've always admired kimmaytubes twisted banana clip buns. I'm a loooong way from that

Sent from my SGH-T839 using SGH-T839

hmm. Are you saying that when you pull it back its not a big bun? Because I know your twists are waaaaaay longer than mine so they all reach back into the banana clip right?

Your twists looked a good 2" to 3" longer than mine. :yep:

hmm. Are you saying that when you pull it back its not a big bun? Because I know your twists are waaaaaay longer than mine so they all reach back into the banana clip right?

Your twists looked a good 2" to 3" longer than mine. :yep:

They are not long enough to make a bun. maybe with the help of several hairpins they could make a tiny bun:ohwell: With layers and shrinkage, I don't foresee me being able to do a real twisted bun for...idk..maybe at least another 6 months.

I finally made APL :dance7: after the 2 setbacks I had (had to cut a total of 2 inches off), I'm surprised I was able to make it before December. Next goal BSL!

Happy to have met my goal and here is the pic as promised.

Attachments

• oct length check.jpg
    oct length check.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 62
I'm still a ways from APL but my twist outs are looking more fab :grin: And I'm so happy. I can only imagine what they will look like at APL :spinning:

I'm still a ways from APL but my twist outs are looking more fab :grin: And I'm so happy. I can only imagine what they will look like at APL :spinning:

Congrats on your twist outs!

I tried my first one as a natural this wknd (My other attempt was a yr ago when i was transitioning). I was underwhelmed, it looked ok pulled back. I think my hair is just too tight and frizzy for twist outs, rod sets and stuff like that. :ohwell:

[USER=13643 said:
Imani[/USER];14389097]Congrats on your twist outs!

I tried my first one as a natural this wknd (My other attempt was a yr ago when i was transitioning). I was underwhelmed, it looked ok pulled back. I think my hair is just too tight and frizzy for twist outs, rod sets and stuff like that. :ohwell:

Its hard sometimes being used to our hair looking a certain way and then switching over to something new. I've had years to adjust to not wearing my hair straight. I wore a twa for 4 years. Otherwise I probably would not feel as comfortable with the other styles.

Maybe when your hair gets longer you will feel more comfortable with other styles. My hair is pretty tight and frizzy. But my twists out come out ok because I wear my hair twisted for 5 days first. There is a difference between an overnight twist out and a twistout on old twists.

I've yet to do an overnight twist out or braid out. I will wait until my hair is APL or BSB for that.

But I hope you find more styles you are in love with.

Ok I think I'll go ahead and claim it.... I'm APL!!! I will probably get a trim in a month or so (not feeling the raggedy ends!). Anyhoo! Feels great to be here :) Next stop BSB.... then on to my final goal of MBL.

ry%3D400

Heck yeah u can claim it!!!!! Congratulations!! Your hair looks great! Mildly jealous...but I'm happy for you so I'll move past it. Lol!

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using myTouch_4G_Slide

Ok I think I'll go ahead and claim it.... I'm APL!!! I will probably get a trim in a month or so (not feeling the raggedy ends!). Anyhoo! Feels great to be here :) Next stop BSB.... then on to my final goal of MBL.

Congratulations, Looks Great. And yeah, don't worry about the ends... Keep on going to BSB.

Terribly taken but "aiight" progress pics post relaxer: *disclaimer* hair appears more uneven than it actually is due to me just taking it down from a wrap, creating some weird flip curl on one side of my head. Tried my best to smooth it out with my fingers....but said forget it...ya'll get the picture. Lol! It's hard for me to measure how long I have until APL (2-3 inches maybe?? Again-this is when a room mate or SO would REALLY come in handy!) but I'm hoping soon!

Ok....sorry I posted some pics twice....can't seem to get it right from my phone!!!
Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using myTouch_4G_Slide

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1318475898274.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1318475898274.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 80
  • uploadfromtaptalk1318475945503.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1318475945503.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 75
  • uploadfromtaptalk1318475973234.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1318475973234.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 71
  • uploadfromtaptalk1318476073720.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1318476073720.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 66
  • uploadfromtaptalk1318476120840.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1318476120840.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 71
I want to join this APL challenge.
I wash n-set once a week and I DC with moisturizing conditioner and protein cond.
I hardly wear PS and I'm still learning to rollerset my own hair, so I still go to the annoying salon.

Attachments

• photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 100
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 103
^^Are you sure you shouldn't be in the BSL challenge. It looks as though you are already APL. Gorgeous hair, BTW!

Wonderful progress....:grin:

Who starting 2012 APL Challenge :grin::grin:

I want to join this APL challenge.
I wash n-set once a week and I DC with moisturizing conditioner and protein cond.
I hardly wear PS and I'm still learning to rollerset my own hair, so I still go to the annoying salon.

^^^^ Oh snap... why... hmmm... yeah, she's either one or the other. It looks like you're definitely APL. And your hair looks so pretty and thick!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

I am looking forward to pulling my hair in front of me to finish off my twist. Still have a ways to go.

Another week of keeping my hair twisted and keeping my hair moisturized and sealed daily. I hope to be only an inch away from APL in December. I think I can see a little growth when I pull my twists.

But I decided that I will be doing all length checks with stretched hair, no heat. I will do a length check in December, just to capture my progress and then hopefully not another until I can pull my twist fully to APL.

If it's APL stretched then its APL straightened so not going to worry about it.

I'm not sure if I'm going to make it anymore. I feel like my hair hasn't grown in months. Obviously, it has but my ends.... :( I cut off my scraggly ends in July and they're all scraggly again. What must I do?! I'm a little frustrated now.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

Back