2011 APL Challenge

Imani,beautiful, healthy hair! I hope I won't have to trim too much when I straighten,but your ends are motivation!

Thank u. The trim actually wasn't bad at all. She isn't scissor happy and only cut what was needed. Like say if a section is slow growing and the ends rnt splitting or anything she won't cut it just for the sake of cutting. Will just dust it so it can catch up w the rest of the hair eventually. I had not had a trim since February.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using SGH-T839

Way to grow ladies!! Just cheering you guys on from the sidelines. Such great growth. Those that aren't APL yet will be there VERY soon. :weird:

If I only need 1.5 inches I can easily get that by yr end, that's just .5 in a month. I'm not that pressed actually, makin it this soon was a long shot bc I had a growth slump earlier this yr which threw things off track, but it seems to be picking back up. Just wanted to see that my hair was getting longer and healthier which it is. This is the most hair I've had in my life, I am def not complaining.

Yay Imani!! Your hair looks great! So happy for your growth....you could say I'm also cheering you on for selfish reasons because from your pics it looks I'm not too far behind you. Lol! So I know once you make it...I shouldn't be too far behind. You're my trailblazer! :) Your hair is DEFINITELY alot fuller than mine though...but that's okay, I'm just happy to see progress!

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using myTouch_4G_Slide

Yay Imani!! Your hair looks great! So happy for your growth....you could say I'm also cheering you on for selfish reasons because from your pics it looks I'm not too far behind you. Lol! So I know once you make it...I shouldn't be too far behind. You're my trailblazer! :) Your hair is DEFINITELY alot fuller than mine though...but that's okay, I'm just happy to see progress!

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using myTouch_4G_Slide

:lachen: @ the bolded. Thanks! My hair may not be fuller, I'm very strategic about how I style my hair to give the illusion of fullness. Altho, I think its finally starting to actually be thick instead of me having to do so much to make it appear that way.

thanks! I LOVE clean ends. My strands are fine so it really helps make my hair look fuller when my ends are on point.

When I was relaxed I loved to get my hair trim because it felt so much better and so much thicker. :yep: With my natural hair my ends just always seem bush so I don't get the same enjoyment. I'm always surprised though when I straighten that my ends aren't worse than they are.

Ok I'm going to try to get into this challenge. I don't know why I'm having such a hard time being over here. Maybe I don't feel worthy :lol:

But my hair in the back and on the sides is just a little past collarbone. And APL is about 2.5" from my collarbone. So I don't think December but 3 months will get me closer.

I'm not going to make apl. I got 2+ inches cut off because I had holes/mid shaft splits in my strands!!! I was almost there...now I'm back to collar bone length. :( But I'd rather have healthy hair than long hair...

thanks! I LOVE clean ends. My strands are fine so it really helps make my hair look fuller when my ends are on poin.

Who does your hair? It looks great! Can I get a number please :grin:?

^^I actually got my hair done in atl by one of the stylists that left Too Groovy, a popular natural salon, when I was in town visiting.

But now that I've relocated, I have to find a new salon, which is scary. I had a consultation w a salon and made an appt for the wk of thanksgiving. They seem to talk a good game and use good products but we'll just have to see how it goes.

I'm thinking about scaling back on my goals and trimming more often bc many of my ends r split and raggedy looking even after this recent trim.

Will post pics when I get my relaxer in about 3 weeks... I think I will make APL by December!! Keeping my fingers crossed, for now just hiding under a half wig.

Twisted my hair up tonight. I can't tell if my hair is getting any longer but I do know that my twists are hanging better and I am glad about that :yep: May not make it to APL in December but I will be happy with longer twists in December:grin:

And maybe in the spring I will have a twisted pony tail like Imani's.:lick:

I flat ironed my hair..and I am really close to APL. if I had to guess I should get there by December or Jan. Yay!

After reading the latest CBL/SL thread I think I am Full SL/CBL now. I think APL will be my goal for next year and maybe I can get there by May.

I do feel that CBL is an accomplishment though. I know I have three months left but we will see. Maybe I will hit a growth spurt.

@NikkiQ should do it! :grin::lol:

I'll prob end up joining to make it early next year. Esp since I'm considering trimming again before the year is over.

:lachen: Imani and faithVA I probably will start the 2012 APL challenge if no one starts one by November. I want to make sure everyone that has the end of the year goal for APL has a chance to make it before moving onto the 2012 edition.

Hey ladies, just checking in. My last length check and post in this thread was beginning of August & my longest layer was 1.5 inches away from APL. I now have a sew in that i have had for 7.5 weeks. I wanted to keep it in unitl November (which will be 3 months max) but a little nervous because my stylist told me i wouldnt have no hair if i did :blush: i think ive been taking pretty good care of my hair underneath the sew in thanks to other threads. I have about an inch of new growth right now and everyday i pretty much monitor my braided hair. It hasnt started to matt up or anything and when i feel each braid, my finger is a little oily (every 2 weeks i wash and condition with a spray bottle) so i guess thats a sign my hair isnt dry. Wednesday will be my 8 week mark & after that im going to be really careful with everything i do with this sew in so i can make it to 3 months... If i have no set backs, i will hopefully be APL when i take it out. i know i shouldnt go 3 months by this being my first sew in, but ive been so busy lately and want to get my moneys worth..... Anyway, Good luck ladies and great job on the progress. I lurk this thread everyday and whenever i see a posting i get super happy to see someones progress :yep:

My progress pics are between 2-4 weeks away & im so excited to see my hair :grin:

:lachen: @Imani and @faithVA I probably will start the 2012 APL challenge if no one starts one by November. I want to make sure everyone that has the end of the year goal for APL has a chance to make it before moving onto the 2012 edition.

I will join the APL challenge but won't start one. If I was 6 months out from APL I would. APL feels so close and so far away at the same time :lol:

So going to wait on NikkiQ.

I will help either of you ladies out if you need it (APL or BSL). Just let me know.

I will join the APL challenge but won't start one. If I was 6 months out from APL I would. APL feels so close and so far away at the same time :lol:

So going to wait on @NikkiQ.

I will help either of you ladies out if you need it (APL or BSL). Just let me know.

faithVA and Imani you guys can be co-hosts since you both will probably be APL very soon!

Even if I can't make APL in three months I still feel like I did make great strides. My hair is full shoulder now. It gets caught in my seatbelt, purse and when I am relaxing I have to pull it up because it gets caught between tossing and turning. I have a ponytail, it swings and I don't always have to wear earrings because my hair is framing my face very nicely.

I manipulate my hair too much but I can't help it.

@faithVA and @Imani you guys can be co-hosts since you both will probably be APL very soon!

No problem. I will probably need something else to keep me busy. I am leading 4 challenges right now that end at the end of the year. I will need something to keep me sane after the holidays.

[USER=146212 said:
diadall[/USER];14348041]Even if I can't make APL in three months I still feel like I did make great strides. My hair is full shoulder now. It gets caught in my seatbelt, purse and when I am relaxing I have to pull it up because it gets caught between tossing and turning. I have a ponytail, it swings and I don't always have to wear earrings because my hair is framing my face very nicely.

It sounds wonderful. :yep:

Even if I can't make APL in three months I still feel like I did make great strides. My hair is full shoulder now. It gets caught in my seatbelt, purse and when I am relaxing I have to pull it up because it gets caught between tossing and turning. I have a ponytail, it swings and I don't always have to wear earrings because my hair is framing my face very nicely.

Thats how mine was when I got it flat ironed. Only lasted a couple days til I sweated out the roots tho and it shrunk up and so it wasn't hanging as long. I was sitting in high backed chair and my hair would get caught behind my back and yank my scalp, it hurt:nono::lol: And caught in my purse. All of it was just so weird since I've never had hair this long before, I've had weave get caught in stuff but its not the same as it being your own hair. And it really hurts:lol:

I'm still rocking my full ponytail too and it still has swang a week later.

This actually isn't a bad length, but I definitely want more hair, at least APL.

I finally made APL :dance7: after the 2 setbacks I had (had to cut a total of 2 inches off), I'm surprised I was able to make it before December. Next goal BSL!

[USER=187846 said:
13StepsAhead[/USER];14354913]I finally made APL :dance7: after the 2 setbacks I had (had to cut a total of 2 inches off), I'm surprised I was able to make it before December. Next goal BSL!

:congrats: Will you be taking any pictures of your victory any time soon?

Back