2007 challengers - If you are on more than 1 hair challenge this year-ENTER!!

LondonDiva

Like a woman addicted to a good man in the sack I just kept saying yes yes yes!! :blondboob

Yes to every challenge thrown my way.

I've just relaxed and sitting here with the deep conditioner in after using the hood dryer/shower cap and I was going to flat iron to take a pic of the length, then I remember I can't because of the Bootcamp challenge, then I also remembered I can't post pics of my hair till April because of a hide your hair till April 07 challenge. Until the end of next week I have to hide my hair till I get my weave for another challenge, and had to reorder some more Viviscal for another challenge as I'm running out and remember to pop my pills religiously for the next 6 months. :whyme:

I'm goin :spinning: but I want to pass all of my challenges.

For those on multiple challenges. I thought it might be easy to list what you can & can't do throughout all of your challenges for easy reference.

CAN
Wash & Deep condition every time. (I don't know how this will work being on a weave challenged though)
Nioxin & Viviscal everyday till June
Wear a weave/braids till April 07

CAN'T
No Trimming
No posting pictures till April 07
No showing hair in terms of wearing it down

When I think of some more I'll post.

is it ok to wear natural twists and/or braids without added hair for the hide your hair challenge?

This is a fun thread!

CAN:
  • Deep condition every three days
  • Use protective styles
  • Dust ends
  • Relax every 8-10 weeks
CAN'T
  • Trim!
  • Posting pictures until April Fool's day!
  • Direct heat!

I feel you on the confusion I just realized that I can't post starting pics cause I'm on the hide your hair challenge as well

I think I'm going to have to drop one or some of these challenges

I really like the concept of the boot camp but I think that is the challenge I am going to drop. Although I will still incorporate some of the techniques used in the challenge (One of the reasons I was so game for the challenge is because the stipulations aren't so much a challenge but common practice for me....basically easy)
But I will not be able to deep condition with every wash cause I'm on a personal crown and glory challenge (can't deep co kinky twist)

So I can't
Do the Boot Camp

I can
Do my personal Crown and Glory
And
Hide your Hair

YAY! now I'm more excited and less confused I think can actually do this

Thanx LondonDiva

Ok I must add no heat to this list.

I swear I'm just going to wear a satin scarf every day stay in my house and emerge December 31st

LondonDiva, this is so unfair because I'm sure I'm not the only person who wanted see the results of your relaxer stretch.:mad:

I guess I can wait until April:( *sulking*

:lol:

LD, this is cute. I mean...just check the siggy :look: (i'm in 7 damn challenges)

Here's my easy-to-reference list:

CAN
-Take phony-pony off at night (for adding Surge and extra moisture)
-Wash anytime I want
-Sleep w/o a scarf

CAN't
-Leave the house w/o a phony-pony
-Cut/Trim
-Relax
-Use heat

(I think I'll add this to the siggy ;) )

Great Thread:

Can:
dc at every wash
Use stinky Horses butt oil
wear protective styles
eat 80 million grams of protein in one day
drink lots of water

Can't:
use heat (other than hooded dryer)
trim
skip my vitamins
wear my hair out

Can
Deep condition with every wash
Use hooded dryers
Dust ends
Wear protective styles

Cannot
Trim ends
Use direct heat for 120 days
Wear hair out or reveal length until April Fools day
Post progress pics until April Fools day

CAN:
  • Deep condition twice a week
  • Use protective styles
  • Can relax every 8 to 10 weeks
  • Dust ends
CAN'T
  • Trim
  • Post pictures until April Fool's day
  • Direct use heat

I can
Wash 2x a week
Deep conditioner
I can't
wear hair down
use heat
trim
I think i can do that..... i want 1 inch per month so i will do it

Can:
DC with every wash
Take vitamins daily
Workout 4x a week
Drink 8 glasses of water a day
Relax every 12 weeks
Eat healthy
Dust ends

Can't:
Trim
Use heat
Skip anything on the can list;) or I can't wear my hair out for a month:eek: !

With all of my challenges
Hide your hair 'til april '07
newbie challenge
6 months APL
Pop your brastrap ladies '07

I can :
deep condition once a week
moisturize my ends everyday
dust my hair
work out 3x a week
drink 6 to 8 cups of water
use protective styles
stretch my relaxers

I can't
trim
use direct heat
wear my hair down
show updated pics

Last edited:
you are not alone.......

I actually listed my challenges and explained the bootcamp one so I can remember everytime I see my siggy. I plan to leave that part until the challenges are over.

I'm in the hide your hair until April Fools Challenge
2007 LHCF Bootcamp
APL Challenge

All of these things are to help me reach APL. I am yearning for me some APL hair. For some reason APL seems to me like the official start of long hair. Once I am APL, I feel like it will it will be a breeze from there (wishful thinking).

Last edited:
London Diva, this is a good thread. You can still take pictures even though you're on the hide your hair challenge you just cant post them yet. Some people put them in a folder in their fotki and locked it just so they would be there. Then they revealed all the pictures they took along the way at the end of the challenge.

I forget how many challenges I'm on. I know I'm on the weave/extensions challenge, hide your hair until april 07 and bootcamp. I don't remember the rest. So basically, I just need to keep my hair hidden and remember to take my vits. I think I can handle that. I've been doing it all this time. Nothing really changed.

ETA: I forgot about the Head to Toe Challenge. I think I'm doomed just off that one! :perplexed I doubt I'm going to remember to do all that stuff.

HAY LONDONDIVA, IT'S NOT FAIR!! :cry: YOU PROMISED, PROMISED,PROMISED ME YOU WOULD SHOW YOUR PROGRESS PICS WHEN YOU TOOK YOUR BRAIDS OUT :sad: I'VE BEEN CHECKING EVERY DAY TO SEE WHEN YOU POST YOUR PROGRESS PICS. OH WELL, I SUPPOSE I'LL HAVE TO WAIT, I KNOW YOU GOTTA STICK TO YOUR CHALLENGES AND I DON'T WANT YOU TO DO ANYTHING THAT WILL MAKE YOU FAIL :) GOOD LUCK WITH ALL YOUR CHALLENGES, I'M ONLY ON ONE SO I'M BEING SELFISH, LOL.

rinygirl6 said:
LondonDiva, this is so unfair because I'm sure I'm not the only person who wanted see the results of your relaxer stretch.:mad:

I guess I can wait until April:( *sulking*

And I was looking fwd to showing them, trust me!
I've pics up in there but locked the album with a password. I'll continue to document in pics but come April 1st they're a free for all. The only ones I'll post in the coming weeks are once I have my weave done. It's not my hair so it won't count.

GIRLIE said:
HAY LONDONDIVA, IT'S NOT FAIR!! :cry: YOU PROMISED, PROMISED,PROMISED ME YOU WOULD SHOW YOUR PROGRESS PICS WHEN YOU TOOK YOUR BRAIDS OUT :sad: I'VE BEEN CHECKING EVERY DAY TO SEE WHEN YOU POST YOUR PROGRESS PICS. OH WELL, I SUPPOSE I'LL HAVE TO WAIT, I KNOW YOU GOTTA STICK TO YOUR CHALLENGES AND I DON'T WANT YOU TO DO ANYTHING THAT WILL MAKE YOU FAIL :) GOOD LUCK WITH ALL YOUR CHALLENGES, I'M ONLY ON ONE SO I'M BEING SELFISH, LOL.

I'm so sorry :cry: and I was there so mad at myself because I had promised you I was going to show you :( I'm on so many damn challenges I forgot all of the rules.

I totally forget which challenges I sign up for!

I am trying to get to APL - so I'm in that CHALLENGE, I weave a weave - so I'm in that CHALLENGE, my weave hides my hair - so I'm in that CHALLENGE. I also use MTG, Scurl, Baggie, and am right handed... if it matters!:lachen:

I just reply/read the posts and never post photos to keep all my points covered. :lol:

bmoreflyygirl said:
This is OT but LondonDiva are you relaxed or natural?

I'm one of those in bewtween gals. I use a relaxer although don't have that bone straight look going on. Only get that when flat ironing. I'm more texlaxed than anything, but yep my hair is chemically processed.

Londondiva, This was HILARIOUS!!! I went through the same crazy thoughts like, oh wait:cool: ... I cant post pics cause I'm hiding til' April... but wait...gotta dc.... but wait:look: ... cant use a heating cap cause of the no heat thing in boot camp... but wait:perplexed ... I can use heat to condition... but wait:ohwell: ... they said a dryer not a heating cap... but wait...awww damn what am I doing again:confused: Hilarious!:lachen: I was so tickled to see this post! Out of the comical confusion of a hair psycho, you have brought clarity:) So here it is...
I'm in:
LHCF Bootcamp (Platinum level)
Pop your brastrap 07'
6 month vivscal
Hide your hair til' April

I can:
wash & dc w/every wash
post pics in april
take all the vitamins I want
wear any protective style

I cant:
wear hair out for an emergency
trim ends
use direct heat
let my man run his fingers through my "special project" tresses!

Yea, maybe I'll just sit at home with a satin scarf on my head til' next year! How funny is that???!!!:p Aaahhh this was a good one girl!

Last edited:
Can:

Wash/deep condition everything 3 days
Protective Styles/Baggie
Dust ends
Relax every 10-12 weeks
Take my vitamins:grin:

Can't:

Trim
Post pics til April Fool's Day
Use Direct Heat

Great thread!! I was starting to get :dizzy: trying to keep track of everything :lol:

CAN
Wash & Deep condition
Wear weave/braids till April 07
Use growth aides
Stretch Relaxers

CAN'T
No Trimming
No Direct heat for 120 days
Wear hair out or reveal length until April Fools day
Post progress pics until April Fools day

Andreainnis said:
Londondiva, This was HILARIOUS!!! I went through the same crazy thoughts like, oh wait:cool: ... I cant post pics cause I'm hiding til' April... but wait...gotta dc.... but wait:look: ... cant use a heating cap cause of the no heat thing in boot camp... but wait:perplexed ... I can use heat to condition... but wait:ohwell: ... they said a dryer not a heating cap... but wait...awww damn what am I doing again:confused: Hilarious!:lachen: I was so tickled to see this post! Out of the comical confusion of a hair psycho, you have brought clarity:) So here it is...
I'm on:
LHCF Bootcamp (Platinum level)
Pop your brastrap 07'
6 month vivscal
Hide your hair til' April

I can:
wash & dc w/every wash
post pics in april
take all the vitamins I want
wear any protective style

I cant:
wear hair out for an emergency
trim ends
use direct heat
let my man run his fingers through my "special project" tresses!

Yea, maybe I'll just sit at home with a satin scarf on my head til' next year! How funny is that???!!!:p Aaahhh this was a good one girl!

For the bootcamp challenge, you can deep condition with your heating cap, in fact it states in the challenge that you should deep condition with heating at every wash, otherwise I would not have joined that challenge:p

Can
- Take my vitamins
- Utilize low manipulation
- Up my water intake
- DC once a week with a prepoo and wash
- Wear my hair up (finding cute styles to wear besides buns)
- Post loads of pics in April

Can't
- Wear my hair down (not even to show family)
- Trim before May
- Can't measure before it's time (it's like watching a pot come to a boil)

LD this thread is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry I'm one of the big bad people that has everyone confused with the hiding challenge, lol!:lachen: :lachen:

Don't worry you all will be verrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyy happy with the results of all these challenges in just a few months and at the end of 2007 if we all stick with them....WATCH OUT AMERICA, COLORED GIRLS W/ LONG HAIR COMING THROUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back