2006 bun challenge with some new twists!!!!

RabiaElaine said:
Hi,

Question, what brand of aloe vera gel do you use, where do you get it??

i wanna know too cause i m thinking of using the puritan pride that is 99.5% but if there s any brand that s better and organic i want in
:grin: i just removed my twists and i m gonna cowash then airdry in two buns

I was just wondering how everyone who said they would do this challenge is doing?

For me this has been a challenging challenge!

I have been trying to think of various ways to protectively style my hair, but most days the easiet things to do is a bun. I also use a clip to pin my hair up with the ends out and falling freely. I don't do this one as often because it leaves my ends out.

I have worn my hair completely "out" about five times this year which means I have technically FAILED the challenge.

However, I do feel like I am succeeded personally because I wear my hair in protective styles MOST of the time and my hair is much healthier because of this challenge.

I would love to join this challenge. But if you leave your hair up in a bun till you wash it how to you moisturize your ends of you hair. I wash my hair once a week. 1 week is too long to go without putting something on my ends. I wear my hair in a bun 24/7 anyways. So this would be easy for me to do. I

I have to take my bun down each day.

In the morning, for work my hair needs to be neater, so I use an ouchless band to make a firmer bun. At night, I bun my hair loosely with a soft satin schrunchie and put a oil mixture on the ends and cover with a satin scraf.

sassyhair said:
cant hair break off from being in the bun for some time?

I'm not sure. But I know that I have experienced much less breakage wearing the bun than when I used to wear my ends out everyday.

I'm thinking of doing a personal bun challenge starting in September. Are you ladies on this challenge seeing a increased retention of length? Any problems with breakage if you move the bun around.

dicapr said:
I'm thinking of doing a personal bun challenge starting in September. Are you ladies on this challenge seeing a increased retention of length? Any problems with breakage if you move the bun around.

It's too soon for me to say anything about length retention (I hope to post back here in late October.) I've seen less shedding and my hair retains moisture better than it has in a very long time. I haven't seen any breakage problems but I think the key is to have a firm bun without it being tight (I can't handle tension at near the nape of my neck.) I usually wear mine low so not having it tight is a must.

I think you should try it! It's easy to do. I've gotten more proficient in getting my hair together in the am! :lol:

Back