2 Years of LHCF (pic heavy)

Hi guys :hiya:

Ive been on my hair growth journey for about two years now and wanted to share my progress with you all. Im a 4a/b natural with baby fine soft srands. When I first started my hair growth journey my stylist told me that fine hair like mine wouldnt grow longer than neck length. :ohwell:

I got my last flat iron at her shop (by another stylist) and got the satisfaction of proving her wrong :grin:. This is the longest my hair has ever been! HHG!

Sorry for some of the crappy pics.lol My face was looking crazy in most of them so I got creative with my coverups :look:

Before LHCF- 10/07

homecomingweekend-1-1.jpg

Beginning of hair journey 11/07
hair11-9-7trim-1.jpg

hair411-11-7.jpg

7/08
lengthshot.jpg

11/08
11-9-08frontcloseup-1.jpg

11-9-08back.jpg

10/09
100_0363-1.jpg

100_0359-1.jpg

:dance7:Yay for you!!!!!! Don't you love to prove people wrong??!!! Has she seen your hair since telling you it wouldn't grow longer the SL? I would go in there swinging my head so hard!!!!

Happy Anniversary! Our fine strands joined and started at the
same time! Love your progress.

:dance7:Yay for you!!!!!! Don't you love to prove people wrong??!!! Has she seen your hair since telling you it wouldn't grow longer the SL? I would go in there swinging my head so hard!!!!

lol She was just like dang! When I came in my hair was in a shrunken ponytail so when my stylist started blowdrying everyone was like dang her hair is long lol.

Wow your progess is amazing, I think we might be hair twins, My hair is very fine and type 4.

Ok no one has asked yet
what your regi?

Wow your progess is amazing, I think we might be hair twins, My hair is very fine and type 4.

Ok no one has asked yet
what your regi?

My regi has been all over the place but I notice the most growth when Im consistent and I leave my hair alone :lachen: Some staples I do are protective styling with sew in weaves for six weeks at a time, which I wash once a week with Hair One cleansing cream. I deep condition while wearing a weave every two weeks alternating protein and moisturizing deep conditioners.

When my hair is out, I wash once a week or so with no sulfate shampoos like Kenra Platinum color care. I try to deep condition once a week with Kenra moisturizing or Ors pack. I use Herbal Essence leave in and olive oil to seal. I like Hawaian Silky 14 n 1 as a moisturizer as well and I probably conditoner wash every two or three days with Herbal Essence LTR. I only detangle when my hair is under running water with a denman or wide tooth comb. I do not wear wash n gos anymore because I get single strand knots. Instead I do braids to stretch the hair and do buns or just a blow out with cool air and bun it.

Vitamins are the one thing Im really consistent about. I take about 3 grams of chlorella a day,a multi vitamin, 1000 mg msm, and I eat at least 10 hardboiled eggs a week for protein :lick: cause I just cant do protein shakes yuck!

Hope that helps

My regi has been all over the place but I notice the most growth when Im consistent and I leave my hair alone :lachen: Some staples I do are protective styling with sew in weaves for six weeks at a time, which I wash once a week with Hair One cleansing cream. I deep condition while wearing a weave every two weeks alternating protein and moisturizing deep conditioners.

When my hair is out, I wash once a week or so with no sulfate shampoos like Kenra Platinum color care. I try to deep condition once a week with Kenra moisturizing or Ors pack. I use Herbal Essence leave in and olive oil to seal. I like Hawaian Silky 14 n 1 as a moisturizer as well and I probably conditoner wash every two or three days with Herbal Essence LTR. I only detangle when my hair is under running water with a denman or wide tooth comb. I do not wear wash n gos anymore because I get single strand knots. Instead I do braids to stretch the hair and do buns or just a blow out with cool air and bun it.

Vitamins are the one thing Im really consistent about. I take about 3 grams of chlorella a day,a multi vitamin, 1000 mg msm, and I eat at least 10 hardboiled eggs a week for protein :lick: cause I just cant do protein shakes yuck!

Hope that helps

Dang! That's a lot of eggs! I eat a LOT of pink salmon mayonnaise sandwiches for omega-3's to aid hair health/growth, and reading your regimen has prompted me to make a run to the kitchen. That ish is sooooo good. :grin:

That's great progress and very inspiring. I know you just smirked at that hair dresser while the other one was doing your long and luxurious hair. (Take that non believer!!). I'm very proud of you. Thanks for sharing

Back