2 textures and very frustrated

Last April I big chopped and a month later I texturized. I didn't like the texturizer so I decided to go all natural. Last summer I co washed and this past winter I started getting my hair pressed and curled. I started co washing again last week and now I would like to try some other natural styles. Last night I tried shingleing, the back and sides looked great, but the top was straight. I thought I still had some texturized ends remaining, but it's like that all the way down to the roots. I want twists, but I am afraid the straight hairs won't twist. There are only a few strands like this. Does anyone else have this problem? What do you do? Please help...

I have the same issue. A gel with strong hold does the trick when I do my twists. I sometimes use perm rods on the ends to keep them from unraveling while they dry. When I shingle, I try not to comb those sections and gently scrunch the product in without smoothing it out too much.

balisi said:
I have the same issue. A gel with strong hold does the trick when I do my twists. I sometimes use perm rods on the ends to keep them from unraveling while they dry. When I shingle, I try not to comb those sections and gently scrunch the product in without smoothing it out too much.
Thanks. What brand of gel do you use for twists and shingleing?

Back