2 inches in 4 months Challenge (Sep-Dec 2012)

I just rinsed out my DC from yesterday morning added my leave in put my hair in a bun then tied it down. Later before bed ill add a little more leave in and seal with EVOCO

So far, I've been doing pretty good with keeping my hair moisturized, but I always forget to apply my Bee Mine Serum to my scalp! Other than that I've been co-washing and sticking to my regimen...I think if I just keep heat away from my hair, I'll have no problem retaining this length!

I hope it's okay that I join in late, but I am in it to win it. Currently in twists and grazing APL but I want there to be no doubt when I claim it this December. Currently 9-9.5 inches all over, with a shorter seven inch layer in the very back. Will be in and out of loose twists until the holidays, co washing 2x a week, washing every 2 weeks. Remoisturizing with Oyin Hair dew as needed. Have been negligent about my vitamins but will now faithfully take my iron, MSM, Biotin, and multivitamin daily. I am also hopping back on my exercise train and upping water intake.

Finally following my regimen today, after three weeks of being straight. I'm prepooing, wash, protein, DC, and air drying. I bought some grapeseed oil for the first time and I can't wait to use it in my prepoo.

Checking In ...

I washed my hair with one ounce of V05's Tea Therapy Conditioner (found it while I was shopping at the $.99 store), a little salt, and two ounces of water. Since I only washed my scalp I didn't need much more than that. I am sitting with Lekair Cholesterol Conditioner, a cap of SAA, and egg yolk mixture on my head now. About to rinse that out and cowash with Everyday Shea moisturizing conditioner. The main reason I did anything to my head today was because I needed to do a protein treatment this week to keep my hair balanced.

I kept my hair in twists when applying the cholesterol (first time doing this) and I really hope everything washes out well! It would be a shame if I had to take my hair down and rinse again. If all goes well, I plan on GHEing tonight without adding moisture (I usually mist with rose water) in hopes that my scalp can get steamy enough with just a plastic cap-I need to get this sebum flowing y'all. I like that my hair is getting moisture so I am crushing hard on GHE right now.

I hope you all are doing well!!! :yep:

I have my hair cornrowed and readied for the week. Also, I slightly changed my regimen. I read a lot about Megatek and decided to give it a try. I didn't receive it in the mail till after I had already put my DC in so mixed it with Castor oil and used it as a leave-in. I'm not sure how my hair will react to the protein overload but we will see. I'm using this challenge's pictures for before. Hopefully, my hair will grow the 2" by Dec 31st.

I did a pretty thorough dusting yesterday and today. And it really gave me a chance to see the overall health of my hair. My ends, from when I still went to the salon, are still noticeably thinner, so I really want to work on growing it out.

I have my hair cornrowed and readied for the week. Also, I slightly changed my regimen. I read a lot about Megatek and decided to give it a try. I didn't receive it in the mail till after I had already put my DC in so mixed it with Castor oil and used it as a leave-in. I'm not sure how my hair will react to the protein overload but we will see. I'm using this challenge's pictures for before. Hopefully, my hair will grow the 2" by Dec 31st.

The old version of megatek is my bestie I have 1/2 a bottle left that Im using slowly. I hope the new one works just as well
Scalp massage this morning for 5 minutes

Working on my regimen and getting some improvements. Yesterday I oiled my scalp double baggied for 2 hours and while working out. Washed with Deva Curl No Poo twice. Heated my AO Blue Chamomile Conditioner and DCd for 3 hours, no heat but with 2 plastic caps and a bonnet. Rinsed. Heated Giovanni Direct with AVJ and applied it on wet hair. I applied globs of it until my hair was saturated. I put in about 50 twists and let it dry overnight.

My hair feels softer and more moisturized than usual. And I only had maybe 3 pieces of breakage which is phenomenal for me. So I think I am moving in the right direction.

Saturday's roller set has left my ng so manageable! I can actually touch my scalp, 15 weeks post who?? :)

I've been bunning it over the past few week while using my NJoy challenge mix on my hair every night before moisturizing and sealing for bed. I did a S&D session and may do a little dusting in a couple of weeks.

1. Starting pic (highly recommended)

I will be updating this, this upcoming weekend

2. Regimen
Shampoo Regimen: Prepoo, Shampoo, DC w/ Steam, Air dry, DONE!
Cowash Regimen: Apply condtioner on dry hair, Seat under dryer or steamer, Cowash out in the shower, Air Dry, DONE!

3. Long and/or short term goals
Short Term Goal: BSL by december
Long Term Goal: Middle Back Length in the beginning months of 2013

4. Healthy hair journey history
I begin my hair journey in 2010 at ear length in the back and chin length in the front. 2010-2011 had progress, but setback after setback because of bad technique, products, and my use to be scissor happiness. 2012 joined LHCF officially (paid the subscription fee) and my hair has flourish ever since.:grin:

The old version of megatek is my bestie I have 1/2 a bottle left that Im using slowly. I hope the new one works just as well
Scalp massage this morning for 5 minutes

That's my hope as well. Did you have a lot of shedding? If so what are you doing to stop or decrease it? Thanks in advance

1. Starting pic
b4vmsi.jpg

2. Regimen
PS for a month via mini-braids beneath my wig
Sulfur oil every day or every other day
Wash once a week, then deep condition
Co-wash mid week
After a month pre-poo, finger detangle, wash, protein treatment, deep condition, leave-in, seal moisture with grease.

My regimen is not religious, but it has become pretty consistent over the last few months.

Short Term Goal: BSL
Long Term Goal: WL

Didn't start getting the hang of my regimen till this year, I've been natural for 4 years and actively on this HHJ for 3.

Oh oh oh! I want to join!! :grin:
Will do

2. Regimen
Co wash/Co cleanse twice a week.
Deep condition twice a week. One day moisture, next DC day light protein. Clarify every 4-6 weeks.

Long term I want full BSL maybe an inches or two longer, short time is full SHL.

Went naturally May 31 of last year, transitioned for 9 months prior. My hair seems to grow slower and I'm convinced it is my diet :perplexed

IMG_20120903_033017-1.jpg

2. Regimen:
I usually PS using wigs 90% of the time but I have recently found a new style using flat two strand twist whith the back twisted and pinned some type of way. When wearing the twists I have to redo them like 2-3 times a week which imo is too much manipulation for me so, I will see if its doing harm or good and make a decision to cut or keep the style. I wash and DC about once a week.

3. Long and/or short term goals:
long term goal would be WL and my short term goal is BSL while thickening my ends via dusting along the way.

4. Healthy hair journey history: I have been on my hhj since 2005 when I became a memeber of LHCF. I have experienced many setbacks and I have learned a lot about my hair...everyday its something new. I finally took things super serious maybe two years ago. So now its no salons (I am a diyer), PSing religiously, no more fancy haircuts, no more excessive heat, stretching relaxers & DCing and moisturizing on the regular.

Not the best pic, but this is the most recent picture I have of my hair straight, eventually I want it to stop where my shorts are! oh this was in July btw.

I'm currently DC-ing with coconut oil...I tried Roller setting today and failed miserably! Oh well, it's going back in a bun.

Attachments

• hairr.jpg
    hairr.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 30
Checking in ladies. Been wearing wash n gos and keepin it simple. I still shampoo twice a week but cowash every other day. My hair LOVES lustra silk cholesterol and proclaim activator gel. It has been so moisturized and bouncy.

I actually have no desire to straighten my hair anytime soon. Over straightening has hindered me in the past so, I think if I can stick with this routine I should be able to reach my goals in December.

Checking in I made a new scalp mix and plan on doing nightly massages with it ill have to post a new lc pic after my telax and trim

I really don't feel like washing and coloring my hair tonight :nono: So misted my hair with water and baggying for 45 minutes. Will let it dry and GHE tonight. Hopefully, it won't be a complete mess tomorrow.

I don't know if I will feel like washing it tomorrow either :ohwell:

I'm using Megatek as part of my pre-poo, added it to my oil mix and just apply to my hair. As usual, I'll keep it overnight, wash and condition as usual tomorrow.

Just moisturized with John Frieda Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing creme (didn't seal) tonight I'm going to just use EVOCO in preparation for tomorrows wash day

Just moisturized with John Frieda Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing creme (didn't seal) tonight I'm going to just use EVOCO in preparation for tomorrows wash day

lamaria211 whoa I forgot spill about that stuff! I used it a long time ago...so long ago I don't even remember whether I liked it lol.

My moisturizing routine isn't working as well as usual and my hair doesn't seem to be responding so I'm going to clarify today. I, know out has been about 6 weeks at least. I'm prepooing with cantu leave in...trying this way for the first time since it softens but doesn't do well with other products. Will report the verdict.

I bought a pack of the ORS argan oil deep conditioner and will try it out as my DT today. Clarifying with ORS Aloe.

Checking in.
Put in some twists last night because manipulating my loose hair daily was not the business.
Before installing I misted my scalp and strands with H2O that had a few drops of tea tree and rosemary oil.
I will apply my sulfur oil mix to my scalp tonight. It's so much easier with twists in my hair.

Back