1st natural roller set, 1st flat iron, sabino, pics =D

sheba1

Hi Everybody!

I'm pretty darned excited about this hair journey of mine. It's been three months and there is a remarkable difference in my hair. I don't have any straight hair pics for comparison but BOY I wish I did. I've since read that hair that is not conditioned well does not straighten well and my hair must have been the close cousin of the sahari desert.

Anyhow, over the weekend I henna'd, used my k-pak reconstructor, DC'd with silk elements mega silk and roller set. I spritzed my hair heavily with a mixture of water, straight zone "kill the kink" leave in, sabino and a touch of silk amino acids.

I'm not good at the pic thing, yet, but I hope you enjoy them. They're my first straightened pics and I'm so excited about the way they came out.

Attachments

• blown roots.jpg
    blown roots.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 146
  • shine.jpg
    shine.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 131
  • shine2.jpg
    shine2.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 129
  • 1back.jpg
    1back.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 133
Good for you! It came out quite straight. I'm loving all of these nat roller set reveals. Be sure to joint the challenge.

Thank you for the encouragement everyone! After I roller set and silk wrapped my hair was kinda straight but really poofy. My bf called it Diana Ross hair. Afterwards, I flat ironed with my FHI for the first time and that's how I got the more silky straight look. I'm souped! I didn't know my hair could get that straight or look so full. Can't wait to watch it grow! :drunk:

Oh, and I forgot a pic!

Attachments

• 1cheese.jpg
    1cheese.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 35
Looks FAB!!!
You did a great job.
How long have you been natural? How long did you transition?
DETAILS GIRL I NEED DETAILS!!!

Your hair came out so silky and full. Thank you for posting this. These natural rollerset and flat iron pics that have been posted lately give me inspiration to strive to be natural.

Looks FAB!!!
You did a great job.
How long have you been natural? How long did you transition?
DETAILS GIRL I NEED DETAILS!!!

:lachen: Thanks Whimsy! I have been natural for almost 13 years. But I always had this really fine hair when relaxed and didn't think my hair could ever be full or beautiful on it's own. Sad right? So I covered it with lots of micros that were sometimes poorly done and left my natural hair a damaged tangled mess. I hated to wet it because it would knot and tangle horribly. All that said, I BC'd my damaged natural hair a little over 3 years ago. I still didn't think my hair could be beautiful but the fresh start was good for me. I wore it in cornrows under wigs and weaves.

Even though I wasn't taking care of my hair this turned out to be better for my hair as it grew back. About a year ago I tried to have my BAA professionally straightened at a salon. It looked like it'd grown back fuller than before but the straightening looked awful! Disheartened, I braided it back up and put it back under a weave that same night. It was about 8 months later that I found LHCF. I was so inspired by the LOVE I see here that women give their hair; natural, texlaxed, relaxed or otherwise. So much pride! To take these pictures of healthy growing hair. I was so inspired that I poured over the boards and joined the ayurveda challenge. I've been committed to my hair for three months, now, and it feels just wonderful. My hair has just flourished and I'm so thankful to everyone for sharing their knowledge and giving me so much hope. If anyone would have told me my hair could look this full, I'd have laughed and then left. And now I can't wait to have a full year of healthy hair care under my belt. I'm sure my hair will get better and better.

I'm still hammering out the details of my reggie, but mostly I just shampoo weekly with Dr. Bronner's shikakai soap, DC with either silk elements or sally's gvp matrix biolage replica and moisturize and seal with a cheapie conditioner and vatika oil. When my hair is curly I spritz daily with an ayurvedic tea mixed with conditioner and amla oil. And that's pretty much it. I've done a few henna treatments, also. Did I give way too many details? :lachen: All I know is for the first time in my life, I'm really enjoying my hair and I'll never mistreat it again.

Thank you, LHCF!

Oh, and I never transitioned. I'd had a bad salon experience (well, a few, actually) and I'd just started waving my hair up with gel. It grew and after a while I put it in braids. I just never got another relaxer because I had no interest in stylists and did not care to do self perms. So here I am! Man, if I'd found haircare back then... wow. But I'm here now! :yep:

Last edited:
Your hair is so beautiful and shiny. I have yet to try rollersetting my hair since I've been natural. I don't even know what to do! But wow......@ your hair :grin:

Good job! I think I may start roller setting my hair. I love the flexibility that comes with being natural.

Thank you! Yes, natural hair is the bomb. :yep: It's funny because I'd originally come to LHCF trying to find the best way to reintroduce relaxing and the best way to care for my hair after. After learning how to care for my natural hair, I see no need! Natural hair can be easy and just as fun.

Don't sleep on sabino either. I've been moisturizing my hair daily with Giovanni 50/50 balancing conditioner and sealing with vatika oil before bunning. I have experienced no reversion.

Back