1st Time Straightening in 4 Months/ Length Check *Pics*

Silky, beautiful, thick and gorgeous! Congratulations on your fabulous results. Your effort and care are paying off. Look at the wonderful results you have already. Good for you! Very encouraging and very inspiring. :yep:

To set the stage I'm almost 16 months into my transition and normally my hair looks something like this:

DSCF2246.jpg

and that's with conditioner weighing it down.

I got the itch earlier this week to straighten - I hadn't used heat since my last weave install (I used a blowdryer for that) and I hadn't flat ironed since Thanksgiving or so. I straightened yesterday and took pics today @ work. :grin:

DSCF2569.jpg
DSCF2555.jpg
DSCF2556.jpg
DSCF2576.jpg
DSCF2558.jpg

Stretched:
DSCF2574.jpg

and the infamous "swang" series. :lachen:

DSCF2589.jpg
DSCF2590.jpg
DSCF2588.jpg

I think it's safe to claim APL and maaaaaaybe BSB stretched. If I hold off on chopping I'm hoping to hit BSL this fall.

ETA: For anyone who wanted to know my process:
To prepare my hair for straightening I DC'd overnight with a mix of Replenishing Pak and lustrasilk Aloe? (It's green). Overnight is not necessary, but I'm lazy. My hair was in 6 loose braids and the braids were in a bun.

After I rinsed the next day I added Silk Elements Moisturizing Cream and then sealed with Sabino Moisture Block and worked everything thru with my Denman. I airdried in two bunned pigtails to stretch my roots.

When it dried I went through section my section, dampened lightly with water and used a blowdryer with a comb attachment. Once my hair was all stretched I used a 1" Sedu flatiron and the comb chase method with a fine tooth comb. Each section took about 1 1/2 passes.

To sleep I wear 4 large pin curls and a bonnet.

ETA: I pre-mixed some olive and coconut oil in a bottle so I'll be using that to moisturize. (I forgot to add that I put some of this on my damp hair after the Silk Elements and before the Sabino.)

Your hair looks GREAT!!!

Beautiful job! You hair looks wonderful. What is the comb chase method? Continued success in your transition.

Thx! :)

It's combing first with the flat iron following. Since my hair is completely stretched and detangled the fine tooth comb goes though w no snagging or breakage.

See post#28 in this thread for more details. I think there are a few youtube vids about it also. :yep:

I know you've been told this several times but your hair looks great-- straight or not. You are sooo beautiful! :love:

Back