1 Year Since My Big Chop (PICS)

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Heeeeeeeyyyy, peeps ...

So September 1, 2009 marked the one-year anniversary of my Big Chop. My last relaxer was March 1, 2007, I transitioned for 18 months and then I big chopped on September 1, 2008. Here are a couple of comparison pics:

09WetComparison-vi.jpg

09StraightComparison-vi.jpg

And here's a picture of my flat ironed hair on the second day (actually, I think it looked better the second day).

090909FlatIron2-vi.jpg

I'm still basically following the same regimen listed in my Fotki:
  • co-wash every other day
  • deep condition with steam once a week (Kenra MC is the ish for this purpose)
  • detangle every other day (if I go any longer, I lose too much hair)
  • lots of natural oils (coconut, avocado, olive, etc.)
  • heat only twice a year (although I think I'm going to up that to 4 times a year)
  • try to maintain correct protein / moisture balance (a challenge in and of itself)
Since my natural hair is soooooo coily, it shrinks up to my neck (which is fine because it's a built in protective style). No vitamins or growth aids ... not feelin' like doin' alllllll that right now.

I also think my ends are craptacular, but what did I expect: I haven't cut my hair since my BC last year. :blush: I think I'll get it straightened in October or November just to get it trimmed. I guess BSL will have to wait.

Anyhoo, these are all the pictures that I have. I haven't been snapping many photos of my hair lately; but I did want to at least share my one-year progress with my LHCF homies.

Later ... and HHG!

Wow, your hair looks great! And it has grown so much. :) Thanks for sharing your 1 year update.

You hair is so shiny and silky looking. I love the curls that look so soft. Congrats on your progress.

Great progress and so healthy!! I remember your fotki was one of the first ones I every looked at. Thanks for sharing.

Your natural hair is beautiful! You've made great growth progress in 1 year! Keep taking good care of your hair! :up:

Back