1 month progress with my vitamins...

Dove56

Hi ladies,

Some of you all know I had a setback with bleach and horrible haircut this year that took me from BSL to around SL (not even full SL) so I have had to cut alot of my hair. I have not had my hair damaged like this in over 15 years.

I usually do keratin treatments, my last one was in the Summer 2012, but now I am growing my natural hair out completely. I have about 3 inches or more of naturally curly hair (I'm 3c for the most part). I have been taking tons of supplements and for the last month I've been co-washing daily. Here are my results:

1monthprogress_zps9c1dcd30.jpg
[/IMG]

I take:

MSM - 1000 mg (2-4 a day - I haven't been consistent but at usually at least 2 a day)

Biotin - (5,000 mcg - twice a day)

Silica (Horsetail - I purchased from Vitamin Shoppe 1 -day)

Viviscal or Marine Collagen (I just switched back to Nature's Gate Marine Collagen - I take 2 a day)

Vitol Ener-g vitamins (2 a day)

I will not be flatironing or using any thing in my hair other than Eco-gel and conditioner on my bun (what I've done the last month) until May 2013. I still can't believe the results for just one month. In the photo my hair from Dec is curled the one from November is flatironed completely straight.

ETA:

This was my hair from March 2012 before breakage:

march20121rev_zps1f7b5438.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
WOW!!! Impressive!

I need to get my vitamin game up...especially since I'm in the vitamin challenge next year.

WOW!!! Impressive!

I need to get my vitamin game up...especially since I'm in the vitamin challenge next year.

I know back in 2006 I took Viviscal for 3 or 4 months and got an inch a month but I stopped because it was so expensive back then.

My hair grows about average I would say, nothing spectacular but this is definitely more than 1/2 inch a month and it's Fall/Winter when my growth slows down alot. My fastest growing months are March - Sept.

I am just glad to know I am not taking all of this crap for nothing lol. I haven't missed one day taking my vitamins because I set reminders on my cell phone for the morning and evening. :yep:

I hope this helps someone!!!

Wow that is alot of growth! WHich one do you think is really contributing?

Honestly, I think it's the Ener-g vitamins and the marine collagen either, natures gate and/or viviscal.

I think the Ener-g vitamins gave me a boost because I have only been taking them since Oct and I was only taking one-a-day instead of two. I've been taking 2 a day (since I'm not taking Hair, skin and nails from Wal-mart) for about 3 weeks.

I haven't taken Ener-g vitamins in YEARS, used to take them back in the day. They are the bomb, my mother convinced me to revisit these and I am SO glad I did! :yep:

Last edited:
I missed the pics :(. I remember your hair from the BKT threads, did the treatments take it's toll on your hair? I cut my hair really short last year did to one treatment I did, my hair thinned out and it always felt coated.

I missed the pics :(. I remember your hair from the BKT threads, did the treatments take it's toll on your hair? I cut my hair really short last year did to one treatment I did, my hair thinned out and it always felt coated.

No, I never had problems until I started playing in the bleach this year. :nono: April 2013 would be 4 years using keratin and I still think keratin is a dream come true.

I just don't want to use any heat or chemicals for at least 1 - 1/2 years to get my hair back healthy THEN I will more than likely go back to the keratin but I will NEVER fool with bleach EVER again. I don't mind hair color, but hair BLEACH no way. :nono::nono::nono:

That's great growth for one month. The bottle says it has 7 mg of sulfur. What kind of sulfur? MSM?

Eta, correction mg not grams.

I think MSM. The MSM I use separate from this is called Doctor's Best and it is 1000 mg.

Dove56
That's alot of vits, but your progress is great. I need to be more consistent with my vit intake. Have you experienced any side effects beside the great growth?

Dove56
That's alot of vits, but your progress is great. I need to be more consistent with my vit intake. Have you experienced any side effects beside the great growth?

I know, I felt like a fool buying all that stuff but I saw a lady on Youtube named Priceless love (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0V_6EQR380) list her vitamins and she's African-American with 4a hair that's like tailbone length so I figured I'd try it out.

I have not experienced any side effects other than my nails, eyesbrows and chin :look: growing like crazy. I'm surprised I haven't sprouted any whiskers. I have a very senstive system (like most folks with allergies/eczema) so I can tell if something doesn't work for me pretty quickly. I don't plan to take all this stuff forever but I need all the help I can get over the next 6-12 months! :)

ETA: She doesn't mention the multivitamin or the marine collagen. I just added those to the mix. :yep:

Last edited:
Ok I'm going to have to try marine collagen and ener-g STAT!!

Your growth is amazing for just 1 month!

I've been consistent w my vits all year and I wish I could take MSM in that high a dose, but it gives me sinus headaches.. I need this kind of growth in my life though. :grin:

Last edited:
Back