YouTube: Detangling, Maxiglide, Blowdrying and More!

velvet

I finally made a YouTube video! I'm so excited because I've been promising to do this for a long time, but was always too busy.

Now I have 5, from start to finish- detangling, blowdrying, Maxigliding I and II, and hotcombing.

I just wanted to share. You guys let me know what you think . . .

http://www.youtube.com/afrohairsecrets

i love the way your hair looks! I don't use hot combs anymore (its been about 3yrs) but after seeing your video, i might use it on the "bang" section of my hair... since its the most resistant to heat. Thanks for the vid.

I just glided through all, but they are vERY informative and I will take time to look at them this weekend.

Your natural hair is too fab for words.

EXCELLENT!!! I have been raving about Beyond Straight and the End - but no one was listening.

You go girl!!!:look:

Yeah, :yep: I especially like that it has henna. I wonder if it will reduce frizz with continued use? Have you tried using it without straightening?

Yeah, :yep: I especially like that it has henna. I wonder if it will reduce frizz with continued use? Have you tried using it without straightening?

I have used this product for about 2 years now. Again... It is a hidden gem....

I love it.
I use it when I blow dry. GUUUUUUD Stuff.

Hi, fellow natural 4a/bers here, Thank you so very much! i really enjoyed your videos. You are a pro:grin:.

Can you give me the entire name of the products you use (beyond and the end) and who makes it? Is there a special name or number of the denman brush you use for detangling?

Your ends dont tangle-- I am so happy for you. When I flat iron, my ends come out rough, the rest of the hair is silky. When I use the hot comb to straighten the ends are smooth in the end after 3 or 4 passes. However, I loose a lot of hair- breakage from the ends during the process.

You have truly inspired me. Thanks again.

Wonderful videos. Why you gonna make me run to Ulta's and get those products. Maybe I'll put it on my list of things to get later.......

Your skin is absolutely beautiful. :grin:

Have you tried Sabino Moisture Block as a protectant? It is great. I have the same hair type as you and have been able to keep a press for now going on 7 days... It seals in moisture, protects from heat and I get very very little breakage (3-5 hairs a day) after I straighten.

Your hair is lovely, and you're so pretty! I'll keep these in mind when next I try to blow dry or flat iron.

Hi, fellow natural 4a/bers here, Thank you so very much! i really enjoyed your videos. You are a pro:grin:.

Can you give me the entire name of the products you use (beyond and the end) and who makes it? Is there a special name or number of the denman brush you use for detangling?

Your ends dont tangle-- I am so happy for you. When I flat iron, my ends come out rough, the rest of the hair is silky. When I use the hot comb to straighten the ends are smooth in the end after 3 or 4 passes. However, I loose a lot of hair- breakage from the ends during the process.

You have truly inspired me. Thanks again.

Beyond straight and The End are both made by Maxius, the same company that makes the Maxiglide.

I use the D3 Denman Brush.

I think that I have an easy time with my ends because they are wispy and old. When I cut my hair, I have a much harder time detangling, because it seems like the brush/comb get stuck at the ends. I also always put extra product at the ends- cream, oil- whatever.

hmmmm- you've given me an idea for another video . . .

Wonderful videos. Why you gonna make me run to Ulta's and get those products. Maybe I'll put it on my list of things to get later.......

Your skin is absolutely beautiful. :grin:

Thank you!! I've been having some serious hormone breakouts, but then the sun came out:yep:.

Have you tried Sabino Moisture Block as a protectant? It is great. I have the same hair type as you and have been able to keep a press for now going on 7 days... It seals in moisture, protects from heat and I get very very little breakage (3-5 hairs a day) after I straighten.

What's in it? Tell me more . . .

What's in it? Tell me more . . .

It's a perfect blend of of cones. Sili- and dimethi- (sp?). They balance each other out without the use of water and or humectectants like most anti frizz products. It is claimed to be the only anti frizz product that actually locks in moisture.

Trust me, it does.

Here's our forums take on it:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=227115

They will send you free samples. Mention the LHCF.

Amazon.com has great reviews as well.

Great videos!!! I am going to try using the Maxiglide with more steam. Currently I only hit the steam button once per section.

Oh wow I saw that video without knowing it was you! Nice video and nice hair! well done. I even heard your baby in the background on the other one.
Congrats on your successful video
Sincerely
Zanna

The henna SHOULD relax a bit of the curl over time (don't add amla to your mix tho) and help ease up on some of the frizz.

Back