Your man tells you your cooking is making him fat.

SincerelyJane

But y'all eat the same things and you're not gaining any weight. What do you do? Are you annoyed? Do you stop cooking for him? Start cooking healthier?

Gurrrrl my household a hahha. It's not your cooking he's eating other stuff, not working out as much as you. I do way more cardio than he and he can't eat large amounts of bread, rice, and pasta like I can as a runner. He tries to eat like me and blames me. I cook healthy. What else is your man eating?

Cook what I want but give him options. Sauces on the side or veggies with no butter give him smaller portions but more salad. Stuff like that.

I would say that sounds like a personal problem. He doesn't have to eat it if he doesn't want to. He better figure out how to solve problems lol.

We don't have kids so he already knows that he better fend for himself. :look:
I cook what I want when I want- a ninja would starve waiting on me to cater to them.
Poor FH :giggle:

It's the opposite in our house. HIS cooking is making ME fat! :lol: Not really but if it was, it's my choice to eat seconds or thirds....plus eat ice cream.

If a guy told me my cooking was making him fat, I'd stop cooking for him.

Last edited:
He just eating TOO MUCH. Men don't have a chill button when it comes to food. Eyes be bigger than their stomach and they eat too much...

I always took that as a compliment honestly LOL. Any guy I was with always gained a good 20 pounds from eating good.

Even though you're eating the same things I'm sure he's eating much more. Or he's not as active.

But honestly, as men get older they should start eating healthier.

Men have a problem with portion control. I would ration his portions.

My SO came over last Sunday and almost finished off an entire cheese ball and a box of crackers. They have no self control. I thought it was ridiculous, but I didn't say anything. But he's already about 230 lbs (he likely eats quite a bit when we're apart as well).

Back to where I started: men have a problem with portion control; I will be rationing his portions.

Back