Your Ideal "polished" Woman Would....

Can men tell if a woman is well kept?

Very easy. Even if you don't have a lot of dough try and invest in good shoes and a good handbag as a minimum. Good accessories turn an average outfit into something a bit more interesting/noticeable. This just a start though, good hair, skin, hair, good body all play a part.

Re: voices, don't underestimate it's importance, men do like a woman who can speak well and sounds nice. I'm always told that my accent is BBC English (posh) in other words.

I couldn't be with a man with a squeaky voice e.g.. David Beckham...

Looks so good, vivid gorgeous colours. There's nothing like eating with your eyes. :yep:

Sounds like you've got your meals on lock, once a man experiences that good food from a woman it's hard to leave. :lol:

More importantly cutting out processed food will help you look and feel so much better.
I used to use the excuse that it saves time to cook from the box but I really think it was a case of all I know. Making things from scratch tastes a lot better and only adds a few minutes to my cooking time for prepping.

As it relates to Ro I must admit some things. First I wouldn't be able to step up my cleaning cooking and coloring game if I didn't have all this free time. I'm off on a summer break. I work by I only work part time. So I have the energy to actually cook/clean because with my job I don't feel like doing anything.

Now she takes a blunt approach that criticizes others for what they are doing. (Anybody who works full time she calls them a negligent and abusive partime mother). I get it. I do. But with arid I suggest y'all go through her posts and follow what you like and pay no mind to the things you don't like.

Things I like/ can agree with That relate to being a well polished woman with a family include:
1. Not working/ only working part time
2. Cooking fresh by going to the grocery store every 3 days or so
3. Plating your family's food with a real plate, glass, fork and knife, linen napkin, (dollar tree is fine)
4. Sleeping for at least 8 hours a day
5. Sleeping sexy (on satin pillow cases and naked or nice sexy pajamas sets) NO SATIN CAPS lol
6. Not making the man clean/cook (You have more time to do this because you're not working)
7. Touch is needed not wanted so touch him often and everyday
8. Sex everyday or every other day with your husband for intimacy
9. Hold each kid and husband for at least ten minutes a day for intimacy
10. Spending time with your kid doesn't include using your phone. Do things without the phone like read, play, talk, do puzzles. Be a hands on parent.
11. Look nice everyday. Have a signature style for makeup hair and don't dress thotty to look out together everyday.
12. Your voice should sound feminine at all times (I'm working on that. Naturally I vary in the way I sound so I'm working on a polished sound.)
13. Don't pay for anything like bills. It emasculated your husband. Only NEED whatche can afford. PRIVATELY BUY what you want with your passive stream of income.

I'm currently in a slump by choice, no purchases and not much time to keep hair washed and clean as I'd like but I can try. When I can afford it, I'll probably go to the salon for someone to wash, deep condition and put a few braid in my hair on a weekly basis.
I'm also not getting nails done
when I can, I'll commit to this for a week and see how it goes. I'll Dress, cook, nails, hair, perfume, nice clothes, pretty home. Soon come.

@PrissiSippi yes please at recipes. I have a couple of things I do well but I need a few more that I can do without looking at the recipe 20 thousand times. Any vegetarian meals?

ETA- Re-reading this thread. Can someone give tips on how to either not be lazy about this or how to do some simple tweaks. I swear hearing about all the things to do makes me tired. Like I need a nap....

Last edited:
I'm not married but I'm in a long term relationship and I loooove threads like these.

My personal goals and views

Body: in shape, I'm trying to stay as thin as my body will healthily allow. I work out and have a goal to never let myself go. I'd prefer to stay under a size 6!

Hair: I want to have long natural hair on my wedding day. Preferably waist length and natural (currently mid back length)

Once I reach my goal I plan on rarely ever wearing extensions

Make up/skincare: I plan on investing in laser hair removal and I currently use Asian beauty products in order to achieve the clearest skin possible

I'm currently working on the wardrobe part and I read books on charm

I plan on slowly working to be my best me possible

I'm confused. If you are truly "well kept" you wouldn't need a to do list or list of behaviors to prove that you are well kept.

Every well kept woman I've seen radiates simply because of how her husband/boyfriend shows his love for her. It's the fact that their husband/BF treat them like they are the only woman in the world whether they are dressed to the 9s or in sweats and had a drippy nose is what's most impressive. When you are loved and wanted that shows.

But then again I don't see well kept as simply having someone who pays your bills and supports your lifestyle. When I think of well kept I think of being well loved for lack of a better term. And being well loved has nothing to do with a list of do's and don't s and mannerisms.

I used to use the excuse that it saves time to cook from the box but I really think it was a case of all I know. Making things from scratch tastes a lot better and only adds a few minutes to my cooking time for prepping.

As it relates to Ro I must admit some things. First I wouldn't be able to step up my cleaning cooking and coloring game if I didn't have all this free time. I'm off on a summer break. I work by I only work part time. So I have the energy to actually cook/clean because with my job I don't feel like doing anything.

Now she takes a blunt approach that criticizes others for what they are doing. (Anybody who works full time she calls them a negligent and abusive partime mother). I get it. I do. But with arid I suggest y'all go through her posts and follow what you like and pay no mind to the things you don't like.

Things I like/ can agree with That relate to being a well polished woman with a family include:
1. Not working/ only working part time
2. Cooking fresh by going to the grocery store every 3 days or so
3. Plating your family's food with a real plate, glass, fork and knife, linen napkin, (dollar tree is fine)
4. Sleeping for at least 8 hours a day
5. Sleeping sexy (on satin pillow cases and naked or nice sexy pajamas sets) NO SATIN CAPS lol
6. Not making the man clean/cook (You have more time to do this because you're not working)
7. Touch is needed not wanted so touch him often and everyday
8. Sex everyday or every other day with your husband for intimacy
9. Hold each kid and husband for at least ten minutes a day for intimacy
10. Spending time with your kid doesn't include using your phone. Do things without the phone like read, play, talk, do puzzles. Be a hands on parent.
11. Look nice everyday. Have a signature style for makeup hair and don't dress thotty to look out together everyday.
12. Your voice should sound feminine at all times (I'm working on that. Naturally I vary in the way I sound so I'm working on a polished sound.)
13. Don't pay for anything like bills. It emasculated your husband. Only NEED whatche can afford. PRIVATELY BUY what you want with your passive stream of income.
Interesting list. There are some good tips here. I know if I was married right now I'd have trouble with 5 (I need my bonnet), 8 (I don't know if I'd enjoy daily sex), 11 (I love dressing with a hint of thot), and 13 (I don't mind living by my husband's means but I'm not sure how I can privately purchase something. Surely he'd notice cause I like to shop). Lots of good tips to think about though.

I'm confused. If you are truly "well kept" you wouldn't need a to do list or list of behaviors to prove that you are well kept.

Every well kept woman I've seen radiates simply because of how her husband/boyfriend shows his love for her. It's the fact that their husband/BF treat them like they are the only woman in the world whether they are dressed to the 9s or in sweats and had a drippy nose is what's most impressive. When you are loved and wanted that shows.

But then again I don't see well kept as simply having someone who pays your bills and supports your lifestyle. When I think of well kept I think of being well loved for lack of a better term. And being well loved has nothing to do with a list of do's and don't s and mannerisms.
Even as a single woman, it's your energy and how you feel about yourself. Now you do have to be mindful of the energy you put out and how you present yourself. You look like a thot, you will get treated like one. You look like somebody's momma, you will get treated like one. You look like you mean business, you will get treated as such. If you look wore out and tired, you will get treated as such.

To the bolded, yes, it does. Being well loved is directly related to what you do and don't do, and your mannerisms. No one is saying be super fake or something that you're not necessarily, the conversation is just surrounding presentation among other things. And none of these things are to prove anything to anyone. That's missing the entire point.

I absolutely love these types of talks, I wish I could have them more often/in depth IRL. As my circle evolves though, I do notice these or similar conversations tend to come up a bit more. I personally need to work on profanity. I only swear in certain intimate circles but when I do, I'm not shy about it at all. I will never stop swearing 100% because it's a part of my personality :lol: but I just need to soften that piece of myself a bit for my overall theme of grace.

Last edited:
Back