Your Favorite Oil Cocktail (not homemade)

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I think Keracare Essential Oils are wonderful as well as the Nairobi oil and Design Essential oils. However, I am looking for one that is less expensive than those guys.

Can you all recommend a favorite that is cone and mineral oil free? Thanks :)

I also vote the KeraCare Essential Oil.... I love it sooo much and it just smells so wonderful.

I wish it wasnt so expensive too. :( I really try to make it stretch.

I gotta vote for WGO! I love this stuff and the price is reasonable to me. OT: Check out ebay for the keracare essential oils!

I say Keracare essential oils, but almost equivalent to this is Kemi Oyl. I LOVE this stuff. It's so thick and yummy!

Natural Oasis Hair oil. This is cheaper than the oils that you listed. I started using this about 2 months ago, I really like it.

I like Kemi Oyl too. I've been using it for yearrrs. After joining this board in '04, all I heard was WGO. I tried it on my scalp, never on my hair & hated the smell. Well a couple of months ago, I bought it again for my hair and I fell in love! It makes my hair sooo soft. I love it! Definitely a staple oil for me now. My kemi oyl & jojoba oil are just collecting dust now. lol

crlsweetie912 said:
I gotta vote for WGO! I love this stuff and the price is reasonable to me. OT: Check out ebay for the keracare essential oils!

I would not have thought to check ebay. Right now the prices are all the same but I will look from time to time. Thanks.

Would you all believe that as long as I've been on this board hearing about WGO, I've never tried it. I'm afraid of the smell. So many have said it smells bad. :( Can anyone describe the smell or should I just go and smell it for myself?!?!

The smell was horrible to me at first. I first tried it a long time ago. But for some reason this time, it wasn't as strong. I remember being self-conscious the first time I used it, thinking that I would walk around having people think I was putting pee on my head. LOL! Now, the only way I smell it is if I put my nose to the bottle.

I made my friend smell it once just in case she smelled it on me one day & thougt I didn't wash or something. LOL. She loved the smell of the different oil mixes. I was shocked.

Now I wouldn't say that I love the smell (like Kemi Oyl), but it doesn't bother me at all. Like I said, I barely notice it now. It smells kinda 'leafy' now. I dunno. :ohwell:

The oil mix I use is really nice, it's called Jamaican Mango Lime Island Oil.I found out about it right here on the board. It has Castor oil, Carrot oil, Ginkgo Nut oil, Tea tree oil, Wheat germ oil, Olive oil, Mango extract, Lime extract, Jojoba oil, Hibisucs oil, Sea grape oil, Passion fruit oil,and it smells good enough to eat. It makes my hair soft and manageable, and it's quite inexpensive. I'll search for the original thread with the pictures and everything.

Last edited:
Supergirl said:
Would you all believe that as long as I've been on this board hearing about WGO, I've never tried it. I'm afraid of the smell. So many have said it smells bad. :( Can anyone describe the smell or should I just go and smell it for myself?!?!

To me it's reall herbal. I really like the smell. Don't be put off and think MTG smell. It's not bad at all. Again, I like the smell.

Supergirl said:
I think Keracare Essential Oils are wonderful as well as the Nairobi oil and Design Essential oils. However, I am looking for one that is less expensive than those guys.

Can you all recommend a favorite that is cone and mineral oil free? Thanks :)

Wonder 8 ginseng miracle oil (yellow) is great. i find it more moisturizing than the keracare essential oils!!

i love ther keracare smell, and it sjust as good just more xpensive. i will now only use the keracare oil on dry hair after heatstyling.

Supergirl said:

You know, Ive heard ppl complain about WGO around the board, but I have personally NEVER found the smell offensive. Its very mild and not at all unpleasant (to me). I mean, its not KeraCare/coconut scented or anything like that, but the smell is really quite neutral. The way ppl talk you'd think it smelled like MTG. :lol: I think it has a slightly olive oil/herbal smell to it.

Last edited:
Jamaican Mango and Lime Island Oil, BBD Keala Oil, and WGO. The Jamaican Mango and Lime smells the best of the three and is the cheapest.

Supergirl said:
I vote wgo. It's good stuff. The smell dosen't bother me because the benefits out weigh the smell. It's hard to describe but some have described it as smelling like curry. I think it smells like hot sauce or something but it dosen't stay in your hair long.

Supergirl said:

I can't say I have grown to like the scent but I can tolerate it. I wont work out around anyone because I really think others can smell it. lol. Go take a smell of it. It's not horrible like MTG but not a good smell either.

isioma85 said:
The oil mix I use is really nice, it's called Jamaican Mango Lime Island Oil.I found out about it right here on the board. It has Castor oil, Carrot oil, Ginkgo Nut oil, Tea tree oil, Wheat germ oil, Olive oil, Mango extract, Lime extract, Jojoba oil, Hibisucs oil, Sea grape oil, Passion fruit oil,and it smells good enough to eat. It makes my hair soft and manageable, and it's quite inexpensive. I'll search for the original thread with the pictures and everything.

ITA. It smells soooooooo good. I love when I put it in my hair and I can smell it during the day. :love:

Well my favorite Oil is now Bronner Bros. Growth oil. This oil contains Olive oil,Canola Oil,Wheat Germ oil,Marula oil, Aloe Leaf extract,Oat Kernal oil, Shea butter oil,Sweet almond oil,Safflower oil,castor oil Vitamin E,A,&D

It also contains a Growth complex that consists of Sage,horsetail,skull cap,amla, grape seed,Ginkgo Biloba,Rosemary, &Saw palmetto

I am not using it for growth. I just love the all essential oils that it also contains as well as the smell. It is so heavenly;) If you haven't tried it yet I would strongly suggest that you do. It get a :up: from me.

nikkipoo said:
Well my favorite Oil is now Bronner Bros. Growth oil. This oil contains Olive oil,Canola Oil,Wheat Germ oil,Marula oil, Aloe Leaf extract,Oat Kernal oil, Shea butter oil,Sweet almond oil,Safflower oil,castor oil Vitamin E,A,&D

It also contains a Growth complex that consists of Sage,horsetail,skull cap,amla, grape seed,Ginkgo Biloba,Rosemary, &Saw palmetto

I am not using it for growth. I just love the all essential oils that it also contains as well as the smell. It is so heavenly;) If you haven't tried it yet I would strongly suggest that you do. It get a :up: from me.

I have this one :D and yes the smell is heavenly. This one however has cones, so I don't want to use it regularly, just occassionally.

Supergirl said:
I have this one :D and yes the smell is heavenly. This one however has cones, so I don't want to use it regularly, just occassionally.

Where do you find this? I have never seen it! TIA

*sigh* It’s okay if ya’ll think I’m crazy :o , but I really like Calm Coat. It smells strongly of the lavender and eucalyptus essential oils it contains, but it softens my hair nicely, is not too oily (when the proper amount is used), and really does reduce my hair shedding and breakage is practically non-existent. :yep:

So what if it was originally designed for cats, dogs, and horses! :lol: :lol: It works for my "mane" too and it’s supposed to keep bugs away to boot! I’m really looking forward to testing the efficacy during this mosquito season! :lachen:

ETA: It's 100% natural, and the only ingredients are Canola Oil, Lavender, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree and PABA.

Last edited:
Aphogee's EFA (essential Fatty Acids) contains a blend of oils (I can't remember) it's good and the price is worth it---$6 for 32oz.

Shikakai Hair Oil! It is traditionally used to strengthen hair roots andto remove impurities from the scalp. I also use Shikakai Powder as a monthly scalp scrub. My hair is growing and growing!

Back